REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Parking Ticket w/ Commercial Permit (https://www.revscene.net/forums/656897-parking-ticket-w-commercial-permit.html)

Shades 11-03-2011 09:11 PM

Parking Ticket w/ Commercial Permit

I have a commercial license plate. My car was towed and I received a parking ticket under by-law 2849 section 19.1b
  • stop w/in 2 meters of the nearest edge of the closest sidewalk on intersecting street

My gripe is that I have parked there in the past without trouble and my car was parked within the commercial zone post(ie. car was not sticking past the sign towards nearest intersection)

I have no proof of that as I don't usually take pictures of how I park and I thought it was legit.

Dispute or pay?

optiblue 11-03-2011 10:14 PM

You can dispute the ticket, which is what, $50? The tow is impossible to get back though. FYI, you'll probably have to wait years before you get a courtdate, and when you finally do, it'll cost you and the city much more than the violation ticket. Dispute it just for the principle :)
Posted via RS Mobile

Raid3n 11-03-2011 10:23 PM

do you have a municipal commercial vehicle permit decal in the front window?

Shades 11-03-2011 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raid3n (Post 7675908)
do you have a municipal commercial vehicle permit decal in the front window?

I don't think so. I have a regular license plate and a commercial license plate pinned on top of it. I have never had problems parking in downtown before.

Why?

Senna4ever 11-03-2011 11:13 PM

You need that decal - the plate itself is not enough.

Shades 11-03-2011 11:30 PM

^
Are you saying had I the decal on my front window, I wouldn't have been towed for my infraction of parking too close to the intersection?

Or just in general, I should have it?

TekDragon 11-05-2011 11:06 AM

You are required to have both the plates and sticker for it to be valid. And even then, if its Vancouver commercial plates, only good in Vancouver. Plus commercial parking gives you 20 minutes parking time in a commercial zone.

racerman88 11-05-2011 11:46 AM

from what my buddy told me, he was told that if you do not want to put permanent company signs on your vehicle, then you need to have both the commercial decal and plate. If you have permanent signs then you can get away with having either the decal or the plate.
You only get 30mins max in a commercial loading zone or commercial lane. You do however get to park at meters free in the morning until 10:30am

This will not exempt you from other bylaws like being too close to a corner though.
Why don't you call in to get the specifics as to why you got the ticket.