REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 08-05-2012, 11:53 PM   #26
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Sorry about the late bump but I was curious cause one of my friends recently got ticketed

Was looking up the Transit Conduct & Safety Regulations which the offence was under
and found the Act on BCLaws Greater Vancouver Transit Conduct and Safety Regulation

The Fail to present proof of payment ticket is 4 (2)

but further down in Section 9
Quote:
9 (1) A person who contravenes section 3, 4 (1) or (2), 5 (2) or 7 (a) or (c) or 8 (2) commits an offence and is liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding $150
Sorry if I sound retarded but I'm asking strictly to learn, I've never been ticketed nor do I ever ride without my u-pass/student ID but every ticket I've seen my friends and others get is $173 and I'm hoping someone with better understanding can clear things up for me
Advertisement
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:19 PM   #27
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Have "your friend" dispute it and tell 'em they're training to be a politician.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:25 PM   #28
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,062 Times in 1,249 Posts
Higher transit fare evasion fines in effect

Quote:
The provincial government has passed Order In Council that more than triples the fine for transit fare evasion to $150. With the Victims Surcharge, the total fine will be $173. The previous fine including the Surcharge was $46.
bclaws.ca is not current unless it says in a purple box that this act is current as of " month, date,year"

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-06-2012, 03:39 PM   #29
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
you wouldn't get a ticket if you were not wrong. you were wrong. you got a ticket. stop bitching and either pay it, or dispute it.

the skytrain system in the LMD is ghetto, and they deserve to be ripped off. What kind of system goes by the honour system? they would make so much more money if they had a toll or at least security checking for fares at all hours of operation, than the odd ticket/time there actually is a transit cop working.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-07-2012, 12:57 PM   #30
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Dispute ticket ask for reduction.

Recently went to court and the judge was very understanding to the person disputing the fare ticket. Informed them that the fine was increased from 30 or 40$ because people would just take the chance and not pay and if they got a ticket they would just pay it because its so little money. Just let the judge know you are super sorry and you didnt know about zones and you learned a lesson from the ticket. You pay for the proper fare all the time now and you would really appreciate a reduction because of being a student etc etc etc. The person i saw i think had to pay 30$? Dont quote me on it, i forget really.

I would dispute and send a letter asking for disclosure. This should get you the ticket that the officer took from you along with the officers notes and whatever evidence he plans to use in court. If he doesnt send you evidence then you pretty much win your case or gets postponed. Dont accept evidence outside the court room ,say it doesnt give you enough time to build a case. pm if you need help c:
z3german is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:52 PM   #31
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tequilabomb View Post
If i travel one station, i have to pay $2 dollar or watever it is as oppose to someone who travels 5-7 station (still within one zone)??? wtf

royal oak to metro will cost me $2 dollar? so if i go metro to shop for 3 hrs, i have to pay 4 dollar for something tats walking distance? screw that.
lol when I read that I was thinking dollah
sulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:47 PM   #32
My homepage has been set to RS

You guys do realize there is no such thing as "X" zone = 1 zone, right? It's how many zones you cross in your trip. IE, buy a 1 zone and you have to stay in the zone you bought it. Buy a two zone and you can travel into a second one.

If this is still in my sig, it's still avail.
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote