REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 11-18-2011, 11:23 PM   #1
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

So Cal: San Diego, Anaheim/Huntington Beach, LA

Heading down there next month, looking for things to do.

Planning to go to Sea World, thinking about the Zoo but heard some negative feedback about it.

Any good places you guys recommend going to? Restaurants, theme parks, clubs, etc.

Can cross Disneyland off that list.
Advertisement

Quote:
Originally posted by european
i'd say its a bear... from what i've learned from winnie the pooh. you should be able to lure it with some honey.. and it'll be your friend for life!! then you'll meet his friends.. that crazy owl!! and that lazy ass donkey.. whats his name.. Eore or something.. if you meet his llitte piggy friend.. roast him and eat some ribs!! hahahaha.. wtf am i on!! hahaha i'm going nuts over here!!!
Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:47 PM   #2
RS Licensed Vendor

San Diego:

Tons of beaches to go to (La Jolla, Coronado were my faves. Tons of surfing there)
Sea World was ok
Zoo was pretty cool (there's two of them)
Balboa Park (The zoo is located there along with a million different musuems. Balboa Park | A landscape of Arts and Culture )
Old Town is neat too (Old Town San Diego Guide)
Downtown theres a few nice roof top lounges. (Called Gaslamp District http://www.gaslamp.org/)

I don't really see many clubs there, more like restaurant/bar turn into clubs at night. There's happy hour almost everywhere from 3-6pm. American and Mexican food is huge there. Asian foods is pretty limited, and most of it kinda sucks compared to Vancouver. I'd say check out urbanspoon.com for suggestions. Haven't tried anything there that really wowed me aside from Hash House A Go Go. HUGE portions I warn you.

I'm down there alot more than I'd like. So I know quite a bit about it.

LA is about 1.5 hours away. More to do there usually. If you go to beverly hills area, try "The Stinking Rose". Awesome food. http://www.thestinkingrose.com/. LA has alot more night life and more to do I think. K-town was fun. LA there's the usual Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Outlet Malls, Six Flags, Universal Studios, etc etc. I haven't like gone clubbing there, but I heard it good but can't think of the names right now.
#8-2900 Smith St
Richmond, BC

sales@bpgautosound.com

Last edited by Cman333; 11-19-2011 at 12:03 AM.
Cman333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:59 AM   #3
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
LA

Umami Burger
AOC
Kogi Korean Truck
Orochon Ramen
Pink's Hotdogs
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:07 AM   #4
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

+1 for Kogi in LA! So delicious! Be sure to follow them on Twitter for their updates. Father's Kitchen is a nice gastropub.
Posted via RS Mobile
noots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:07 AM   #5
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
K1 Speed indoor go-karting: K1 Speed Anaheim – Indoor Kart Racing Near Fullerton and Santa Ana, Orange County (OC)
Old 11-27-2011, 10:22 AM   #6
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Third Street Promenade! Visitors - Downtown Santa Monica - Third Street Promenade

I have been to SoCal dozens of times, but the last time I went here.

Good shopping, good restaurants, and close to the beach.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:24 AM   #7
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Also, for something a little more serious...

The Museum of Tolerance

Amazing!
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:25 AM   #8
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
I really enjoyed the zoo in San Diego, it's massive. There are two like said above, one you drive through and one you walk through. The beaches are nice for sure. Old Town is something worth checking out once, it hasn't changed to much I went there 20 years ago when I was a kid and a few years ago and it was just like I remembered it.

I really like San Diego, when hitting Disneyland I like flying into SD spending 4-5 days there and then drive to Anahiem for Disney.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:59 PM   #9
I subscribe to Revscene

Bump
Going to San Diego for couple of days
Should I do a city tour ?
Posted via RS Mobile
Durrann is offline   Reply With Quote