REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 11-19-2011, 12:00 AM   #1
Need to Seek Professional Help

Recommendation on Electric Stoves

Hi guys,

I am even sure if this is even the right area so please feel free to move if so.

Our lovely stove of 20 years finally kicked the bucket so now we are in the market for a new one in the next few days. I am looking to spend up to 800-1000 dollars but the problem is that I have no idea which is good. I tried browsing around at the Brick and Trial Appliances. I really liked the flat tops and stainless steel look but in the end, as long as the stove and ovens works then it is all good.

I see online that Futureshop will pay the taxes of appliances such as stoves which sounds interesting. Anywhere else that I should check out?

Any brand recommendations? thoughts?

Thanks,
Ian
Advertisement
Old 11-19-2011, 12:45 AM   #2
Old School RS

Thanked 3,957 Times in 1,205 Posts
If you like to cook, I would be spending more and looking at induction cooktops. They have many of the benefits of gas without having to have a place prepared for gas... I think they are still over your budget but maybe not by as much as you think and they will definitely make cooking more enjoyable. (This guy HATES the slow response and low overall capability of electric stoves)

Mark