REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > The John Norwich Riders Corner

The John Norwich Riders Corner In honour of our fellow moderator: John Norwich R.I.P. September 17th, 2014
Buy, sell, trade bikes and gear, set up bike rallies, meet discussions. #revscenebikes

Old 11-30-2011, 08:11 PM   #1
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,997 Times in 963 Posts
Konker SM200 still good to buy?

Anybody heard of these bikes?

I'm considering getting one of these instead of the Ninja 250R I was originally looking at. They seem to be just as fun, but without fairings, and as my first bike, id rather not have fairings. Im only gonna ride within the city so power isnt too much of an issue.

From what i know the company is now not in business anymore, but parts are common and interchangeable with the Suzuki dr200?

Would this be a huge problem?
Advertisement
LP700-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:17 PM   #2
Welcome to Planet Power ///M

Thanked 2,979 Times in 527 Posts
i've never heard of this thing but supermotos are generally very fun to ride. at one point i almost traded in my gixxer for a ducati hypermotard because i had so much more fun test riding it.
CharlieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:50 PM   #3
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,377 Times in 445 Posts
IIRC, this company has gone bankrupt.

That is, no one is carrying their shit no more.

That being said, the engine should be based off of some old suzuki but it is a dirt bike motor so after X amount of hours it will require a rebuild.

Seems like a decent buy..but there are some serious disadvantages if you're not mechanically inclined. You might also want to think about resale cuz it ain't gonna be easy and you're definitely going to want to upgrade cuz 200 is slow as shit if it's your only bike.
Invisible sky daddies commanding people to do shit is just so beyond retarded, I feel like punching myself in the balls until I shit my computer chair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopstick View Post
4 years ago, I pulled up to burger king, and asked to get a teen burger. I realized after the 3rd time i said it, I was in the wrong fucking place.

(>___<)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_High
[19-10, 22:51] how many post do I need before I can fail TOS'D posts.
Alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:05 PM   #4

Yea, i like the ideas of supermotos too. As cheap as it is (~$2500) it might as well be a keeper for short commuting. I probably will upgrade and possibly have two bikes in total. Or just get a car after and use the bike for sunny days for short rides. Resale is probably little to none as it wont be worth much in a year or two.

Still not sure though, insurance will probably be very cheap as its not even 250cc.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:30 PM   #5
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,206 Times in 385 Posts
I would buy a konker if it were cheap enough $1000-$1500. They get like 100mpg. They are very popular all over the world but sold under different brand names.

If you want something a little more expensive, but capable consider a drz400. Super cheap insurance as its under the 400cc limit. It's like the civic of supermoto/enduro. They are low on power in stock form but easily tweaked. My friend even put a turbo on his.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:38 PM   #6

DRZ400's aren't necessarily cheap. They go for around $3500 in dirt bike form, then you gotta buy wheels and lights and stuff making it around $5000 total. Then tweaks and mods and stuff make it more expensive than a 600cc bike that ill buy eventually.

Only reason i would buy this Konker is cause its so cheap.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:36 PM   #7
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,494 Times in 4,303 Posts
It will fall under the 50cc - 249cc insurance category so yes, it will be relatively cheap to insure.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:38 PM   #8
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,206 Times in 385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LP700-4 View Post
DRZ400's aren't necessarily cheap. They go for around $3500 in dirt bike form, then you gotta buy wheels and lights and stuff making it around $5000 total. Then tweaks and mods and stuff make it more expensive than a 600cc bike that ill buy eventually.

Only reason i would buy this Konker is cause its so cheap.
My friend picked up a drz400sm for way less then that and it was mint. There is the 400s dualsport, 400sm supermoto and 400e off-road.

There is a konker200sm on cl for 1500 right now
Old 12-05-2011, 10:29 PM   #9
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
It will fall under the 50cc - 249cc insurance category so yes, it will be relatively cheap to insure.
I thought the first insurance category was like 50cc - 110cc or something like that?
Old 12-05-2011, 11:09 PM   #10
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,494 Times in 4,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Culverin View Post
I thought the first insurance category was like 50cc - 110cc or something like that?
Ooops. You're right. Thanks for catching that.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:52 AM   #11
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 4,079 Times in 295 Posts
My friend was thinking of getting one of these for his wife to learn on so we drove out to Chilliwack and test drove one. This thing felt like a piece of shit. I learned on a 250 Sherpa at PRS and the konker didnt come anywhere close to power, comfort and handling of the Sherpa.
socialenemy69 is offline   Reply With Quote