REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   GFs who do not give birthday presents to BFs (https://www.revscene.net/forums/658808-gfs-who-do-not-give-birthday-presents-bfs.html)

Gnomes 12-02-2011 08:09 AM

GFs who do not give birthday presents to BFs

What is your take on girlfriends NOT giving birthday presents to their boyfriends?

I have been seeing my girlfriend for a month now. I did tell her the date of my birthday (one of which through sms a few days in advanced). However, on my actual birthday, I did not celebrate with her, did it with family instead. She never offered to celebrate with me. (and I normally do not celebrate with friends for as far as I remember) :alone:

The night before my birthday, we hung out till past midnight at her place. Nothing happened. No birthday gift, not even a 'happy birthday'.

I am not sad for not receiving a materialistic gift, but I am disappointed because she did not attempt to do anything.

Does this show I have no place in her heart and time to move on? Or should I wait till Christmas?

6793026 12-02-2011 08:14 AM

my gf did that once. gf did it to her ex and he went rampage on her. figures.

i think that it's a bit of a bitch move, yes it's gay to not even say happy birthday.....

just be a man and say i'm celebrating with friends. Esp after a month, a happybday would have been nice.
i would just ditch her and go dark for a week. you know you'll lose out in the end right? "well we have only dated a month, but we have been dating over 5 months now, and it's my bday, i was hoping I am more important than that now..."

yeah buddy, u're not going to win.

xilley 12-02-2011 08:25 AM

w.e. dont give shit bak on her birthday win win situation

buy something you want for your own birthday, at the end atleast its something you want, what if gfs buys you something like justin bieber CD :troll:

and no.. i dont think it means you have no place, she prob just too cheap

and if i were you, i wouldnt keep my hopes up for xmas
altho there Might be a slim chance

!Yaminashi 12-02-2011 08:36 AM

Wow not even a happy birthday handy or blowey?
Dem shits are free!

Nlkko 12-02-2011 08:42 AM

Thats pretty airhead of her. Why dont you talk to her about it before deciding. Communication is key in a relationship.

xilley 12-02-2011 08:45 AM

communication "can you atleast say happy birthday to me on my birthday, herp?" :alone:

TjAlmeida 12-02-2011 08:45 AM

I don't really worry about getting a gift from my girlfriend. But for her to not say happy birthday that's a bitch move. I would talk to her about it and see if she cares.
Posted via RS Mobile

Gnomes 12-02-2011 08:47 AM

Thanks for comments. I'll hold out till after xmas. Yes communication is key, totally agree but I dont want to force her to treat me or buy me something. I admit my communication skills sucks. I wanted her to do it on her own 'free will'. More meaningful that way.

Lol maybe I will casually suggest Yaminashi's idea as a belated bday present XD.

gdoh 12-02-2011 08:54 AM

its only been a month.....but a simple happy bday would be nice, i wouldnt expect anything from a girl ive only been seeing for a month though

wait till xmas buy her something but dont give it to her until you know she got you something lol if nothing then return it hahah

tiger_handheld 12-02-2011 09:02 AM

why dont you do something with your friends and invite her?

"hey herp, i'm celebrating my b'day with my friends at cactus on friday, would you like to come? You dont have to get me anything, just show up :)"

Gnomes 12-02-2011 09:03 AM

^ I did something stupid. I raised the bar last week when I went to Portland with friends and came back with a cheap coach wallet for her ($25).

Speed2K 12-02-2011 09:09 AM

^...and her reaction was?

Gumby 12-02-2011 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gnomes (Post 7712189)
The night before my birthday, we hung out till past midnight at her place. Nothing happened. No birthday gift, not even a 'happy birthday'.

Wow, that sucks. You and Grim need to hang out:

http://www.revscene.net/forums/65812...uld-u-get.html

Gnomes 12-02-2011 09:48 AM

^ omg, lucky Grim.

Her reaction of the coach = she liked it and gave me a hug

!Yaminashi 12-02-2011 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdoh (Post 7712235)
its only been a month.....but a simple happy bday would be nice, i wouldnt expect anything from a girl ive only been seeing for a month though

wait till xmas buy her something but dont give it to her until you know she got you something lol if nothing then return it hahah

I agree with this, its only been a month, maybe she's strapped for cash with rent, bills etc?

But how hard is it to fuckin say happy birthday to your boyfriend?
Dont even bring up material things, just tell her straight up that it kinda bothered you that she didnt even acknowledge your birthday, I know it would bother me.

Plus, I'm pretty sure any female would raise hell if their bf didnt acknowledge their birthday.

unit 12-02-2011 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xilley (Post 7712202)
w.e. dont give shit bak on her birthday win win situation

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gnomes (Post 7712245)
^ I did something stupid. I raised the bar last week when I went to Portland with friends and came back with a cheap coach wallet for her ($25).

returning the favor by spiteful actions is not gonna get you far in a relationship.

but yeah, even if i was dating a girl for a month i'd at least get her a small gift.

freakshow 12-02-2011 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gnomes (Post 7712245)

That's not that stupid. Don't think of it as 'raising the bar'. You just got her something small.
Next time you don't have to bring anything back. If she feels that sense of entitlement now, and that the 'bar has been raised', then you should probably walk away.

As for not even saying happy birthday, it's only been a month, so maybe she didn't remember. I doubt she's doing that on purpose.. If she was doing that on purpose, and didn't even want to say it to you, you guys have issues..

xmisstrinh 12-02-2011 11:16 AM

poor you. *hug*

Jermyzy 12-02-2011 11:23 AM

Heck, my gf (now wife) gave me a present on our first Christmas together. Other than that, over the last 8 year together, she has not given me a birthday, Christmas, or anniversary present. She even forgot our anniversary this year :lol So pretty much every birthday/christmas, I just buy whatever I want and she doesn't get to complain how much I spent :)

dinosaur 12-02-2011 11:38 AM

Gridlock and I don't do the present thing...

Birthdays, we'll go out for a nice dinner.
Christmas, we go away.
Anniversary, we wish each other happy anniversary and maybe watch a movie together, etc., maybe get him a card.
Valentine's day, he will buy me flowers and I'll get him a card.

Other than that, we buy what we want so there is no need for "presents". We acknowledge, wish each other "happy whatever", and that is it.

With my ex, we always did the present thing...and it was a shitty relationship.

Buying presents, etc really has no relevance to quality of the relationship....but the fact that she didn't even acknowledge it, is shitty.

Maybe she is self-absorbed? This could be an indication as to what type of person she is.

gdoh 12-02-2011 11:42 AM

how old is she?

dinner and a blowjob

dinamix 12-02-2011 11:48 AM

Birthday sex is a must
Posted via RS Mobile

Gnomes 12-02-2011 12:38 PM

Yes, she is a self-absorbed person. I knew that from the start but wasnt aware of the degree of self-absorbness. You guys are right, she isnt doing it on purpose. I will have to continue with monitoring and reevaluate things in the new year.

XplicitLuder 12-02-2011 01:04 PM

I just got wit le gf bout..one week ago, and my bday and xmas is coming up. Now i dont really expect a present, but im still gonna get her soemthing. She better at least say "happy .. etc etc" :pokerface:

kwy 12-02-2011 02:32 PM

She doesn't have to be your gf to say happy birthday. Just a common courtesy. Besides, how can you fuck it up..that's what Facebook is for.