REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 12-08-2011, 12:49 PM   #26
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

GAP
Advertisement
dyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 12:49 PM   #27
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
Affliction's new designs are ugly..
the hero and demon line was my favourite lol

ed hardy and christian audgier was always gay...
iunno wtf happened to von dutch or fcuk
diesel, energie, hugo boss, etc still survive lol
next to die would probably be crooks and castle..
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 12:52 PM   #28
Who's naughty? I___i

G-Star Raw

They were really good when they first came out (5-6 years ago) but lately the design has been meh....
Szeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 12:55 PM   #29
【=◈︿◈=】

Thanked 2,099 Times in 558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
this is the fashion forum after all...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ View Post
^ +1..
Why not go into automotive chat and say "i don't care what I drive as long as it runs.."
Posted via RS Mobile
word. but i'm not saying i don't care what i wear as long as it fits. fuck that. i'm not gonna strut around town in a walmart sweater because it fits and is comfier than anything else in my closet

all i'm saying that what others define as "uncool" or "played out" is secondary to me. stussy has been one of my favourite brands since i was young, getting into the whole fashion scene. to date (and i just counted), i have 46 stussy tshirts. i've had more at some point and less from flipping ones that i no longer liked, but i've always liked the stuff that they put out. i won't say all their stuff, but a lot of their stuff is on point. same goes for undftd, the hundreds, whatever. i'll wear the brands i like regardless of what people think

in other words, it isn't like going into VAC and saying "i don't care what i drive as long as it runs". it's more like going into VAC and saying "i don't care what the hell you think of the car i drive, as long as i like it." hell, nobody is in a better position to have that mindset than me anyway given that i drive a goddamn hyundai

Last edited by - kT; 12-08-2011 at 01:01 PM.
- kT is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-08-2011, 07:02 PM   #30
Banned (ABWS)

Surprised nobody mentioned . Is it still synonymous with nammers or have the nammers moved on and plauged over brands?

no racial.
SFUguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:08 PM   #31
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by - kT View Post
word. but i'm not saying i don't care what i wear as long as it fits. fuck that. i'm not gonna strut around town in a walmart sweater because it fits and is comfier than anything else in my closet

all i'm saying that what others define as "uncool" or "played out" is secondary to me. stussy has been one of my favourite brands since i was young, getting into the whole fashion scene. to date (and i just counted), i have 46 stussy tshirts. i've had more at some point and less from flipping ones that i no longer liked, but i've always liked the stuff that they put out. i won't say all their stuff, but a lot of their stuff is on point. same goes for undftd, the hundreds, whatever. i'll wear the brands i like regardless of what people think

in other words, it isn't like going into VAC and saying "i don't care what i drive as long as it runs". it's more like going into VAC and saying "i don't care what the hell you think of the car i drive, as long as i like it." hell, nobody is in a better position to have that mindset than me anyway given that i drive a goddamn hyundai
The thing about "fashion" to me is that on one hand, I enjoy the aesthetics of it. I like seeing what's out there. What I DON'T like it the trendiness of it. The fact that people try so desperately to be like each other, so they follow what people say they should wear, and how they should wear it.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:11 PM   #32
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFUguy View Post
Surprised nobody mentioned . Is it still synonymous with nammers or have the nammers moved on and plauged over brands?

no racial.
kappa trackpants have been replaced with adidas firebird trackpants now
supershopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:00 PM   #33
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by - kT View Post

No, I completely agree with you. I was criticizing what LTB was saying. Coming into the fashion forum and saying "I just wear whatever, if it fits." Then why are you in the friggin fashion forum? That's the relation I was trying to make with VAC.

I actually like The Hundreds too. Though their fit is a little out of my personal style.. I really like the Adam Bomb logo Wish they had some slimmer fits.

A brand that I still like that may not be "cool" anymore is G-Star.

On another note, you know I love your Gen!

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:35 PM   #34
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
Its not about what brand to wear, but how you wear it
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-08-2011, 11:09 PM   #35
I don't get it

hugo boss is overplayed now but its still up there
PUPPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:51 PM   #36
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
Superdry is starting to go on this list,there's really nothing your paying for besides the name,& that isn't even the right way to spell "superdry" in japanese.. they used an online translator
Mr.Money is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-09-2011, 12:07 AM   #37
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
No brands can really stand the test of time here in vancouver. That's because fashion in vancouver is so diverse. You'd literally see one guy rockin some lacostes, trackpants track jacket, and on the other side of town you'd see another guy rollin with some converse, raw denim, and a nice cardigan. Then you walk into the mall and you could see some lgs with some lululemon, tna, etc. Moral of the story: In vancouver, fashion = wear whatever is comfortable. Wear and express whatever the fuck you want because noone could care less. Brands come and brands go because Van fashion is ever-changing and ever-evolving.

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-09-2011, 12:28 AM   #38
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Dom Rebel, Dussault, Love, Death and Sacrifice. I used to love Dom Rebel, but since the Art Gallery collection their designs have gone downhill.
beanzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-09-2011, 07:21 AM   #39
【=◈︿◈=】

Thanked 2,099 Times in 558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ View Post
No, I completely agree with you. I was criticizing what LTB was saying. Coming into the fashion forum and saying "I just wear whatever, if it fits." Then why are you in the friggin fashion forum? That's the relation I was trying to make with VAC.

I actually like The Hundreds too. Though their fit is a little out of my personal style.. I really like the Adam Bomb logo Wish they had some slimmer fits.

A brand that I still like that may not be "cool" anymore is G-Star.

On another note, you know I love your Gen!
That makes more sense haha. I was directing my comment just at you either but you can see where i got kind of confused

But true that. Coming into the fashion forum and talking about disregarding what one wears as long as it fits doesn't really make sense

I can only really fit the hundreds tees or sweaters so i can basically only ever get those, since i'm a small guy. Got a pair of denim a few years back without trying it on cause it was boxing day, tried em on at home and i looked like tupac from them jeans. Shit was messed up. Even some oftheir tees get pretty baggy

Undftd has some slimmer fits though, and i love 90% of the stuff they put it. That brand works for me like nothing else
Posted via RS Mobile
- kT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:02 AM   #40
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
so what do you do with the jeans that are no longer in style. they fit well, good dark color but are just "not cool anymore"
do you still wear them?
Sell, give to charity, wear while doing dirty work (wash car, gardening, etc).

And someone said that nothing stays in fashion in vancouver? Brands that depend on branding come and go but if you choose clothes that have little or no branding and it fits well then it will last a long time. A nice jacket, well fitting shirt, slim pants and good shoes will always be in style. Change that to a north face jacket, dom rebel shirt, rock and republics, and nike shox and then you have a disaster.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-09-2011, 01:06 PM   #41
Treasure Chest MOD

You go to certain places in asia: Japan, Hong Kong, Shanghai, etc and similar places in Europe: France, England, etc where fashion is a crucial part of life, you just can't stroll around with sweat pants and running shoes. In some of these places, fashion has taken such a huge role in culture that it would almost seem rude or disrespectful not to put your time and effort into keeping up with the latest trends. You come to Vancouver and fashion only becomes mandatory at certain times and certain places. Here, fashion has become a choice, and you invest time and money into fashion simply because it's an afterthought, and to those that are actually serious, a hobbie.

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.

Last edited by instantneedles; 12-11-2011 at 10:26 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-09-2011, 01:13 PM   #42
Treasure Chest MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Energy View Post
Sell, give to charity, wear while doing dirty work (wash car, gardening, etc).

And someone said that nothing stays in fashion in vancouver? Brands that depend on branding come and go but if you choose clothes that have little or no branding and it fits well then it will last a long time. A nice jacket, well fitting shirt, slim pants and good shoes will always be in style. Change that to a north face jacket, dom rebel shirt, rock and republics, and nike shox and then you have a disaster.
But that's exactly the thing with vancouver. Most people here regard fashion as a symbol, where symbols mean brands. I might be stereotyping, but a few years ago, people would be clobbered in true religion jeans, shox, lacoste, tna, lululemon, j.lindeberg, etc. from head to toe. Brands and symbols have really dominated most of Vancouver the past few years and only recently has this fad been easing off a tad.

Old 12-09-2011, 01:19 PM   #43
NLY
Helps you change your flat, doesn't hit on your girlfriend while doing so

Thanked 1,756 Times in 278 Posts
Just a bunch of people that got money (or want people to think they do) and wants everyone to know it.

I have no problem with it, I just don't see the point.

Banana Republic White T + comfy pair of jeans ftw

2016-2017 Revscene Fantasy Basketball Champion
NLY is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-09-2011, 03:46 PM   #44
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Club Monaco
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-09-2011, 03:49 PM   #45
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,121 Times in 669 Posts
i shop at value village, so the ed hardy and audiger are all new to me
xilley is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-09-2011, 06:05 PM   #46
v6
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Ed hardy, CA, French connection, TFS
v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:25 PM   #47
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 4,970 Times in 385 Posts
some C&C stuff are too common; i see that damned medusa on everybody's shirts
i still run into nammer jammers once in a while who sport full kappa, sometimes with blonde bangs
V4NC1TY is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-09-2011, 07:34 PM   #48
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
i just bought a bunch of marc ecko clothing
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:35 PM   #49
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
I have no idea what brand a lot of the clothes I have are.

I don't even know the brand names of the stuff I bought from the Blackmarkers sale.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-09-2011, 08:12 PM   #50
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
For nammers didn't it go , then Puma track pants, THEN Firebirds? I remember that from when I started high school in 2005, and then observing recently.
Both Hollister and Abercrombie died out, and IIRC, I remember seeing Rock and Religion being sold at London Drugs and Costco a while back.