REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 01-02-2014, 06:40 AM   #28776
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

started working out past 4 days or so, been good so far! Making a lot of positive changes in my life, started eating healthier, quit smoking, cut back on the pot

any one have suggestions on a quick (preferably blended so i can down it fast) breakfast? My apatite in the mornings is like nil, and if its something as simple as toast and eggs, it takes me forever to eat cause im just not in the mood, taste too bland. Right now im having a banana, an orange, water, a scoop of protein blended together, and then coffee for after. I feel this is for sure not enough.

My goal is to bulk btw. And buying weight gainers is out of the question, that mutant mass shit makes my ass shit like a mutant
Advertisement
z3german is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-02-2014, 07:39 AM   #28777
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,150 Times in 2,395 Posts
My breakfast shakes include:
  • Greek Yogurt
  • Frozen Berry Mix (Blue, Rasp, Black)
  • Whey Protein
  • Splash of water for consistency

Optional:
  • Raw egg
  • Bit of Maple Syrup for taste
  • As much/little of Kale or Spinach as you'd like. Adds vitamins and roughage with little change in taste.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-02-2014, 08:12 AM   #28778
I LOVE SQWAT

Skip breakfast if you're not hungry. It's not a big deal.
Posted via RS Mobile
red_sir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:45 AM   #28779
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,825 Times in 523 Posts
i just have protein shake and greek yogurt i wake up too late to cook anything.
hotong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:45 AM   #28780
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by z3german View Post
started working out past 4 days or so, been good so far! Making a lot of positive changes in my life, started eating healthier, quit smoking, cut back on the pot

any one have suggestions on a quick (preferably blended so i can down it fast) breakfast? My apatite in the mornings is like nil, and if its something as simple as toast and eggs, it takes me forever to eat cause im just not in the mood, taste too bland. Right now im having a banana, an orange, water, a scoop of protein blended together, and then coffee for after. I feel this is for sure not enough.

My goal is to bulk btw. And buying weight gainers is out of the question, that mutant mass shit makes my ass shit like a mutant
man working out high has been nothing but PR city for me. feel so in tune with your body, and you get in a good "rhythm" of the lifts

but anyways, for new years...i always used to just "work out" or "lift weights," now i intend to approach powerlifting like an athlete practices his craft, or a musician performing a piece

btw interesting picture to consider b4 wasting money on supplements

Last edited by Sid Vicious; 01-02-2014 at 10:01 AM.
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:32 AM   #28781
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 5,158 Times in 579 Posts

Masterpiece
Sir's /fit/ comic - Imgur
Chronix is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-02-2014, 12:47 PM   #28782

Thanked 14,743 Times in 3,864 Posts
I'm heading to the gym later today. Curious to see how busy it will be
Posted via RS Mobile
320icar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 02:45 PM   #28783

Thanked 7,150 Times in 2,395 Posts
^ report back plz.

Also PSA; Kaizen back on sale $38.99 @ Costco starting Jan 6th.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-02-2014, 03:05 PM   #28784
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Killed first workout of 2014. Chest of course with some arms in there as well. Bring on the gains!
Posted via RS Mobile
Berzerker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 03:24 PM   #28785
Mod.

Thanked 1,769 Times in 684 Posts
take a week off and hit a new PR. feelsgoodman.jpg

also gym was hella busy, but it didn't seem like the people who made resolutions, as everyone was relatively big in size okay.jpg
97 Civic CX (POS)

!Nhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:36 PM   #28786

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
^ report back plz.

Also PSA; Kaizen back on sale $38.99 @ Costco starting Jan 6th.
Busy as shit at s.c and didn't see a single person i recognized. But same as comment above about non-resolutioners
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-02-2014, 05:36 PM   #28787
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Vicious View Post
man working out high has been nothing but PR city for me. feel so in tune with your body, and you get in a good "rhythm" of the lifts

but anyways, for new years...i always used to just "work out" or "lift weights," now i intend to approach powerlifting like an athlete practices his craft, or a musician performing a piece

btw interesting picture to consider b4 wasting money on supplements
hmm interesting, curious to know which category protein would fall into, unless i've missed it somehow...

btw do you find blazing pre-workout to be beneficial to your lifting in terms of energy levels? as in, does it somehow psyche you up like a preworkout stimulant would? or strictly placebo

to my understanding, some anti-doping agencies actually prohibit the use of marijuana for sport which might be indicative of performance enhancement to some degree

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 06:20 PM   #28788
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

first workout of the year feel pretty good squat new pr today think my form improve a bit from last time

bnguyen220 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-02-2014, 06:30 PM   #28789

i consider protein to be a food group, not a supplement, just make sure you get good quality protein with no filler crap

blazing makes me a lazy pig, i was sitting on my chair watching videos eating an orange (best thing ever high), and the wet wipes were above my head somewhere. Like 2 steps close, and i chose to sit in my chair and just make my computer sticky cause im too lazy to get up.

Sober me gets to clean all that shit up ==

YMMV though, I know guys who drive better, shoot pool better, etc baked, no matter sativa or indica
This post thanked by:
Old 01-02-2014, 06:34 PM   #28790

Quote:
Originally Posted by instantneedles View Post
hmm interesting, curious to know which category protein would fall into, unless i've missed it somehow...

btw do you find blazing pre-workout to be beneficial to your lifting in terms of energy levels? as in, does it somehow psyche you up like a preworkout stimulant would? or strictly placebo

to my understanding, some anti-doping agencies actually prohibit the use of marijuana for sport which might be indicative of performance enhancement to some degree
yes, i find it gives me a mild stimulant effect similar to caffeine. however, this is entirely due to an individuals unique psychological effect to it. it is more of a "focus" than a say, pump up kinda effect (at least for me)

i would definitely consider it performance enhancing to some degree

and @ german yes i would agree protein is more or less a food group, but their really isnt any research to indicate one way or another how much you actually need. so i guess as much as u can get is a general good rule of thumb lol

and @bnguyen nice form man! you should get oly shoes for max gainzz

Last edited by Sid Vicious; 01-02-2014 at 06:43 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-02-2014, 07:06 PM   #28791
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

quick question im trying to help out a friend fixing his squat form he doesnt go low enough and his upper body lean forward i try the way i fixed my squat before but it seem he doesnt really understand. Is box squat a good choice to help him fix his form? cause he been at 135 for the last 2 maybe 3 months
bnguyen220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:15 PM   #28792
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnguyen220 View Post
quick question im trying to help out a friend fixing his squat form he doesnt go low enough and his upper body lean forward i try the way i fixed my squat before but it seem he doesnt really understand. Is box squat a good choice to help him fix his form? cause he been at 135 for the last 2 maybe 3 months
goblet squat is the best way to teach how people how to squat
L0uie69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 02:30 AM   #28793
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3german View Post
i consider protein to be a food group, not a supplement, just make sure you get good quality protein with no filler crap

blazing makes me a lazy pig, i was sitting on my chair watching videos eating an orange (best thing ever high), and the wet wipes were above my head somewhere. Like 2 steps close, and i chose to sit in my chair and just make my computer sticky cause im too lazy to get up.

Sober me gets to clean all that shit up ==

YMMV though, I know guys who drive better, shoot pool better, etc baked, no matter sativa or indica
I think that only sativa would make you lift slightly better. I've tried lifting on indica and it just made me burn out instantly.
Anyways about the morning meal try blending oats, nuts, milk, a banana, and Greek yogurt together. I think it adds up to be around 35-40 grams of protein. Just start eating more in the morning, you'll get used to it
Posted via RS Mobile
alwayslive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:01 AM   #28794

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnguyen220 View Post
could honestly be anything, not enough tightness in the upper body not gripping the bar tight enough, not flexing ur traps/chest, not weighting your heels properly not aligning your hips

your best bet is to take a video

but absolutely no box squats. the movement more resembles a geared squat than a raw squat

Last edited by Sid Vicious; 01-03-2014 at 10:41 AM.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:43 AM   #28795

Thanked 1,181 Times in 237 Posts
z3german,

I don't know if you have tried ON Serious Mass, reall good mass gainer for me personally, no bloating. Taste is not super sweet, has a dark chocolate flavor to it.
is350 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-03-2014, 11:05 AM   #28796
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Anyone competing in the upcoming meet in Feb? This is my going to be my first :-)
Posted via RS Mobile
triplexcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:11 PM   #28797
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
2 days of dieting dropped 7lbs of water. lol.
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-03-2014, 03:15 PM   #28798
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Full night of fevering and diarrhea. 5lb water weight lost. Been a bad year so far.
Posted via RS Mobile
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 03:47 PM   #28799

Quote:
Originally Posted by is350 View Post
z3german,

I don't know if you have tried ON Serious Mass, reall good mass gainer for me personally, no bloating. Taste is not super sweet, has a dark chocolate flavor to it.
Nah im done with weight gainers, I like the ON whey vanilla, you can put that shit on everything! Protein pancakes, Protein added cereal, Protein ANYTHING! For whatever recipie that require sugar or milk you can in some way replace with vanilla propow

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC21 View Post
Full night of fevering and diarrhea. 5lb water weight lost. Been a bad year so far.
Posted via RS Mobile
Best is yet to come, end the year strong!
Old 01-03-2014, 04:39 PM   #28800

^^^ LOL i was in te locker room at s.c one time and had a quick convo with an Asian guy, talking about protein pancakes. Apparently lots of girls don't like any protein shakes or stuff like that. So there are lots of interesting ways to mix it into stuff.

On a side note, should i do 6 weeks of ephedrine to help kick start cutting? Everytime i have before, i get a bad cold within 2 weeks that knocks me on my knees
Posted via RS Mobile