REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:25 PM   #6001
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 View Post
very true, i cold probably fly 100's but i would never do that , i dont think i ever go higher then 30 pounds for flys dont need to

dhillion or w/e have u ever tried floor press? u are lying on the ground doing bench press this is good for power up and when u r sticking point at the bottom since it is all power up from the bottom of the floor, triceps are a major roll in bench and so is back and shoulders. i wold suggest having triceps and biceps on a whole day. i do that sometimes, but i still do triceps once a week hard as fuck.
I did the whole tricep and bicep seperate day back in HS, and felt unless you were on all sorts of gear, there is just not enough recovery if you had separate chest AND shoulder days. Then again, this is just me. Now I have a upper body light and heavy day, and triceps are tossed in with the upper body day via 4 or 5 sets of skull crushers at the end.
Although I highly recommend the floor press as an assistant exercise, as well as the board press. However, the single best pressing movement that I have ever seen correlate directly with bench, for some weird reason was the overhead press. If the OHP goes up, the bench skyrockets.
Advertisement
white_guilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:26 PM   #6002
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
if u need a cycle to cut , that is sad
take it from me, the dropping a little weight on the lifts is not bad just think of what u will look like
never once said you needed it.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:29 PM   #6003
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
chest,back,bicep tricep,legs, shoulders. u can take 2 days off. if u need gear for that u are doing something wrong
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:32 PM   #6004
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
chest,back,bicep tricep,legs, shoulders. u can take 2 days off. if u need gear for that u are doing something wrong
If it works for you , more power to you. Did I make gains while on a split like that? Yes. but I also make better gains by tossing tris and bis with chest and back, do what works for you.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:33 PM   #6005
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

dont forget the decline!

my bench has been stalled around 155-165 for like 7 months now, 3 weeks of decline and if nothing else its giving me more confidence in the flat bench

that and my chest is getting better shape
jeffh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:39 PM   #6006
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by white_guilt View Post
hey dude, word of advice: flies are not for PR's. I know too many people who have destroyed their shoulder going too heavy on flies. Besides, if you go heavy your form suffers and it becomes a press/fly thing. They're supposed to be done with low weight, high reps. It also has absolutely no carry over to any sort of sport movement, so there is no reason to go heavy on them. They're strictly a vanity exercise.
Only reason I started doing flys is because I noticed a lack of width on my chest, so I did flys and it has gotten wider and I just figured chest flies was doing more good than harm. I'll stay at around 30-35 lbs then I guess for flies and just go high rep. My shoulders do have a nasty habit of being tempermental/prone to injury, thanks for that heads up.

Quote:
very true, i cold probably fly 100's but i would never do that , i dont think i ever go higher then 30 pounds for flys dont need to

dhillion or w/e have u ever tried floor press? u are lying on the ground doing bench press this is good for power up and when u r sticking point at the bottom since it is all power up from the bottom of the floor, triceps are a major roll in bench and so is back and shoulders. i wold suggest having triceps and biceps on a whole day. i do that sometimes, but i still do triceps once a week hard as fuck.
Never tried floor press nor have I ever seen anyone doing it at my gym, I guess what rack pulls are to your lower back, this is to your chest? Gonna give it a try next time I'm at the gym. Do you keep your grip the same or do you change it up (Narrower/wider/same?).

Stupid question, but would I do this on the same day as chest and the same 1 warm up set and 3 working sets? and do I replace bench with this? Confused with that

edit: did a little youtubing, big thanks for the exercise man. Because of how big the plates are at my gym, its next to impossible for me to kill myself if I push the weights high

Last edited by BrRsn; 04-05-2011 at 09:48 PM.
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:08 PM   #6007
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

I've been tempted to do the floor press at the squat rack when I can't find a spotter, but it feels like a slippery slope to curling.
RAYClovis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:07 AM   #6008
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

I find that doing flies gives me massive stretch marks...
Old 04-06-2011, 12:43 AM   #6009
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Deadlift: 325
Bench: 305
Squat: 2 or 3 sets of 6 @ 225 estimating 1rm is ~260 (never tried)

I know 1 Rep maxes are pretty useless.....but STILL it's effed that my arms can handle 300 pounds but when i go past 240 on squats my legs start to shake...all because of my noob days at the gym were "UPPER BODY EEERDAY" .....sigh, if only i knew back then what i know now
Started deadlifting and squatting in the summer, stayed at 135 for nearly two months, made sure form was perfect before i upped the weight.

What are you guys lifting on Front Squats??? I'm slooowly progressing...
95 lbs!!!! Pretty weak, but they are acquard as fuck!
AAnthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:01 AM   #6010
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

When you guys do chest press with dumbbells, do you touch the dumbbells on top? I did that in the beginning but once you go heavier weight its harder to.. just wondering what everyones opinion is
jack3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:09 AM   #6011
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAnthony View Post
Deadlift: 325
Bench: 305
Squat: 2 or 3 sets of 6 @ 225 estimating 1rm is ~260 (never tried)

I know 1 Rep maxes are pretty useless.....but STILL it's effed that my arms can handle 300 pounds but when i go past 240 on squats my legs start to shake...all because of my noob days at the gym were "UPPER BODY EEERDAY" .....sigh, if only i knew back then what i know now
Started deadlifting and squatting in the summer, stayed at 135 for nearly two months, made sure form was perfect before i upped the weight.

What are you guys lifting on Front Squats??? I'm slooowly progressing...
95 lbs!!!! Pretty weak, but they are acquard as fuck!
ill trade you 90lbs off my deadlift for 50lbs of bench

and skinnypup can you post or pm me your diet/mealplan, love u long time
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:30 AM   #6012
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack3d View Post
When you guys do chest press with dumbbells, do you touch the dumbbells on top? I did that in the beginning but once you go heavier weight its harder to.. just wondering what everyones opinion is
Well i rep 70-75 which is nothing compared to you guys but i usually go all the way down to parallel level of my chest and have dumbbells touch at the top. I see a lot of people not getting the full stretch out of this exercise.
Posted via RS Mobile
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:32 AM   #6013

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykn View Post
Sure, take it..i don't need it anymore! gave up barbell benching, switched to those 95 lb dumbbells instead....my gym only goes up to 100's tho, damn fitness world
I'm at that point where i'm lifting decent numbers, and i'd rather check my ego at the door and focuss on volume+intensity instead of weight .. i just don't want to destroy my joints
I'd rather switch things up every workout rather than foccussing on one particular exercise trying to get my numbers up
Old 04-06-2011, 01:54 AM   #6014
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,808 Times in 8,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by strykn View Post

and skinnypup can you post or pm me your diet/mealplan, love u long time
I don't have a strict plan. Keep protein high, keep carbs low. Eat leaner than usual. Although TBH, I am not eating nearly as well as I should be.

When I go into mad cut mode, I'll be doing something based on the velocity diet.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-06-2011, 11:41 AM   #6015
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

I was doing weighted bench dips about a week ago and now my right rotator cuff is still in pain.... I tried doing shoulders yesterday and it just felt painful...
Old 04-06-2011, 08:40 PM   #6016
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

i've been getting delayed soreness in my legs the past 2 or 3 weeks. the day after a hard legs workout, it feels fine. its the 2 days after the leg workout where its like
Jer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:48 PM   #6017
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer3 View Post
i've been getting delayed soreness in my legs the past 2 or 3 weeks. the day after a hard legs workout, it feels fine. its the 2 days after the leg workout where its like
yeah i get that also sometimes
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:59 PM   #6018

Off to the gym again. I'll have to be careful not to use my lower back at all. Will replace single leg deadlifts with... hmm lunges maybe? Or single leg squats? We'll see what feels best. A leg machine might be the best bet this time
Old 04-06-2011, 09:19 PM   #6019
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,605 Times in 536 Posts
You end up seeing a doctor about your back?
Old 04-06-2011, 09:24 PM   #6020

Nah it was just a strained muscle. 2 days later and it's pretty much OK. Just have to not do deadlifts and other lower back work for a while.

It actually happened the first time I attempted a mixed grip. double overhand was starting to fail for me on the 5th or 6th rep, so I decided to try mixed grip.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:09 PM   #6021
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,605 Times in 536 Posts
My stretch marks are getting gross to look at

Spoiler!
Old 04-07-2011, 08:07 AM   #6022
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
^lotion that shit
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:55 AM   #6023
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Dude thats nothing.
JSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-07-2011, 11:42 AM   #6024

had some "fast twitch" yesterday for the first time..gave me pretty clean energy (not cracked out like 1mr/jack3d) Did some weighted dips at the end of my chest day, was aiming for 12 on my first set....did 22! followed by a few more sets of 10. Looked in the mirror afterwards and noticed i blew a blood vessel in my eye. I'm guessing it's because i held my breath a bit on that set of 22, or i'm thinking it could be a side effect from the preworkout. Anybody ever have this happen to them?!?!?
Old 04-07-2011, 12:05 PM   #6025
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
^ yea i forgot to breath on heavy dl before same shit happened in my eye and my nose got kinda bloody
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote