REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 01-31-2012, 11:01 AM   #13451
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

so after my squats yesterday my legs are sore as shit and walking is painful...stairs etc are worse lol

with squats again tomorrow, how do you guys recover in two days to be able to work the shit out of them again? i'm expecting i'm not even going to be able to do the same weight as yesterday without falling on my ass
Advertisement
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:33 AM   #13452
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
no gym this week due to cutting weight =[ but since ive been cutting my cardio and energy is through the roof cant wait to get back in the gym and see what i can do =]
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:36 AM   #13453
I bringith the lowerballerith

most people myself included rest at least 3-5 days between squats if not more, unless your doing 5x5 then your legs are always sore
Posted via RS Mobile
PK6o4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:48 AM   #13454

ya that's the program i just started yesterday...i undertand being sore, but if i'm so sore i can't even lift the weight i did yesterday, what's the point?

1 step forward, 2 steps back....then work forward from there?

maybe as my first time out i did what i could lift, but should have been starting lower to beging with to build up my strength and endurance?
Old 01-31-2012, 11:59 AM   #13455
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
my god, fucking personal trainer

was doing squats and then she comes by and tells me to put on my shoes because if the bar falls on my feet i'll be safer..

ya ok i will magically get the weight from doing a back squat to somehow come forward, pass through the safety rack and fall on my feet which as if my runners would support 300 pounds dropping on my feet

so when she walked away i took off my shoes and continued to do my sets

don't tell me what to do
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:01 PM   #13456

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgsr View Post
ya that's the program i just started yesterday...i undertand being sore, but if i'm so sore i can't even lift the weight i did yesterday, what's the point?

maybe as my first time out i did what i could lift, but should have been starting lower to beging with to build up my strength and endurance?
you should be fine, eat more
Old 01-31-2012, 12:09 PM   #13457
My homepage has been set to RS

Reminds me of this skinny chump last night, I was doing drop sets of one arm row 110lbs then 105lbs then 100lbs, he comes up to me and says "I'm a personal trainer at Fitness World, you aren't allow to use more then one set of dumbbells at a time". I told him this is SFU gym so fuckoff I run this shit.

He filed a complaint against me

MY FEEDBACK
jimzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:11 PM   #13458
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimzilla View Post
Reminds me of this skinny chump last night, I was doing drop sets of one arm row 110lbs then 105lbs then 100lbs, he comes up to me and says "I'm a personal trainer at Fitness World, you aren't allow to use more then one set of dumbbells at a time". I told him this is SFU gym so fuckoff I run this shit.

LOL LOL ... You should ask him why he even cares, not like he's gonna be using 110'ers
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:15 PM   #13459

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
LOL LOL ... You should ask him why he even cares, not like he's gonna be using 110'ers
LOL he wanted the 110s to do "1/4ROM" shrugs, it looked more like him standing there making a fool of himself trying to keep a grip on the dumbbells

MY FEEDBACK
This post thanked by:
Old 01-31-2012, 12:29 PM   #13460
McFogg The Dawg is my homeboy

Thanked 1,130 Times in 286 Posts
i was doing lying triceps extensions again and put it down on my stomach after the set. i slowly sit up which wiggles that bar a bit and the weights slid off cuz i was too lazy to put clips on and i was like fuck.

on a side note these guys were like "heard what jim did last night?" he pulled 600 @205 lbs for 2 reps"

i'm guessing thats you jimzilla?

Last edited by kevin7352; 01-31-2012 at 02:26 PM.
kevin7352 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-31-2012, 12:44 PM   #13461

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimzilla View Post

i think people would get hurt if we trained at same gym at the same time LOL they would all leave and b scurrd
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-31-2012, 12:51 PM   #13462

Thanked 1,605 Times in 536 Posts
SFU gym seems like it brings the lulz. "I'm a trainer at fitness world" really?
Old 01-31-2012, 01:16 PM   #13463

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:38 PM   #13464

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Situation View Post
SFU gym seems like it brings the lulz. "I'm a trainer at fitness world" really?
It's usually pretty good for gym courtesy and people who know what they are doing but lately I don't know where all these new years resolutioners come from.

The shit people come up with is just hilarious. About two weeks back I saw some brown guy do a "2plate curl". It was more of a "super-hip-swing-into-a-running-post-clean-squat-curl". He at least "curled" 2plates, I'll give him that. I wish I had my phone out during that.

MY FEEDBACK
Old 01-31-2012, 01:47 PM   #13465
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

To the guy asking about squatting 3x a week. Since you just started you will always be sore but after a while you will get used to it. Also make sure to stretch/do warm up sets before you start you working weight. There have been a bunch of times where I didn't warm up (with light leg presses) because I didn't want the squat rack to get taken and those days I got a lot sorer than if I had warmed up.
hx2gls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:15 PM   #13466

i'll definetly stretch better next time...and i'll add more warm up sets as well at light weight to get the muscles going

was in a bit of hurry as the one and only rack was about to be used but the guy let me go first...one squat rack at the Trevor Linden gym in Coq is just stupid

i used to go to fitness 2000 and that place was way more geared towards actual body building not just fancy new machines
Old 01-31-2012, 03:37 PM   #13467

Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
Quote:
so after my squats yesterday my legs are sore as shit and walking is painful...stairs etc are worse lol

with squats again tomorrow, how do you guys recover in two days to be able to work the shit out of them again? i'm expecting i'm not even going to be able to do the same weight as yesterday without falling on my ass
Foam roll.

Or if you're very rich, hire a masseuse.
Matlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:03 PM   #13468

Thanked 1,605 Times in 536 Posts
Quote:
i'll definetly stretch better next time...and i'll add more warm up sets as well at light weight to get the muscles going

was in a bit of hurry as the one and only rack was about to be used but the guy let me go first...one squat rack at the Trevor Linden gym in Coq is just stupid

i used to go to fitness 2000 and that place was way more geared towards actual body building not just fancy new machines
Why not go back to f2k? I loved that gym when I went there, but its just too far for me now.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:06 PM   #13469
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:

yeah 5x5 you start at a moderate weight dont go balls out on the first day or you wont get used to it. Massive gains at the end of it tho
Benefit6o4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:23 PM   #13470
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
Quote:

what also is its because its your first time (im assuming) that you're doing squats on a working set of 5x5 , thus obviusly you're working them more and since you haven't before, they become VERY sore. I had the same issue, which is why at the beginning i had to miss about 2-3 days str8 until i wasn't sore anymore and then went back at it. I was still sore after every workout, but it was the good-type of sore that you know you had a good day and not the "holy fuck i can't walk so im not going gym" type of sore haha

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:39 PM   #13471
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
Did 5x5 for a year. You get used to having sore legs all the time. The program is proven so follow it (3 days a week) and you will make gains.
Posted via RS Mobile
TouringTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:44 PM   #13472

also running in off days helps you recover, just a mile or so

though if i try and do 5 i die on my 4th lap, don't mix intense endurance with stronglifts
Old 01-31-2012, 08:41 PM   #13473
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
so im loaded on beta alanine and creatine now. today was my first day of really going hard with them. at the end of my workout my muscles still had more to go but i was out of gas. hah. was taking big deep breaths near the end. first time i can remember my cardio dying before my muscles. good shit.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:16 PM   #13474

I just had multiple female orgasms from rolling out my legs with my new foam roller.

RUMBLE ROLLER FTW.

Spoiler!

MY FEEDBACK
Old 01-31-2012, 09:29 PM   #13475
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
210 on scale today
Posted via RS Mobile
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: