REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2009, 09:33 PM   #126
RS Operative (G)
 
hal0g0dv2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: GYM
Posts: 12,721
Thanked 4,359 Times in 1,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
finally manned up to 70lb db shoulder presses for a set of 6 after having already done 4x7x65. feel pretty good about it.
thats sweet, i had doing shoulder press with db, but gotta do em
Advertisement
__________________
╔╦╦╦═╦╗╔═╦═╦══╦═╗
║║║║╩╣╚╣═╣║║║║║╩╣
╚══╩═╩═╩═╩═╩╩╩╩═╝

It's not the steroids that makes the champion but it's hard training .. dedication, the diet and sacrifice and genetics that person has.. what makes the champion.
hal0g0dv2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:00 PM   #127
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!
 
jeffh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: kelowna
Posts: 4,794
Thanked 470 Times in 165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
finally manned up to 70lb db shoulder presses for a set of 6 after having already done 4x7x65. feel pretty good about it.
Boom, i was there

im a gym noob, RRxtar is showing me the ropes. having someone show me around and make sure im not doing shit wrong/wasting my time is very important to me, but we got a plan worked out and im pretty pumped

im not looking forward to hitting this wall everyone keeps talking about tho, i feel like a hero when i add on weight every other workout haha

going in starting at 150lbs at 5'11.5"
month later (tonight) i weighed 156
goal for the first year is 165
i took a before picture we can all lawl at later when im bigger haha
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
Ugliness and fatness are genetic disorders, much like baldness or necrophilia, and it's only your fault if you don't hate yourself enough to do something about it.
jeffh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:16 PM   #128
what manner of phaggotry is this
 
RRxtar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Kelownafornia
Posts: 17,801
Thanked 4,721 Times in 1,585 Posts
welcome to the shitshow of bad opinions and misinformation jeffh. haha
__________________
STRENGTHaesthetics
RRxtar is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:18 PM   #129
I subscribe to Revscene
 
BlackV62K2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,952
Thanked 248 Times in 85 Posts
DB shoulder pressed 80s today. 6 reps, 3 sets.....then did a set with 75s for 8 reps.
BlackV62K2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-11-2009, 01:49 AM   #130
BT
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!
 
BT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 167
Thanked 122 Times in 16 Posts
Just curious as to what type of ab workouts you guys do? I'm thinking of doing the P90x Ab Ripper X for my ab workout.
BT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 07:38 AM   #131
RS Operative (G)
 
hal0g0dv2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: GYM
Posts: 12,721
Thanked 4,359 Times in 1,488 Posts
leg raises
that is about it 4 me
__________________
╔╦╦╦═╦╗╔═╦═╦══╦═╗
║║║║╩╣╚╣═╣║║║║║╩╣
╚══╩═╩═╩═╩═╩╩╩╩═╝

It's not the steroids that makes the champion but it's hard training .. dedication, the diet and sacrifice and genetics that person has.. what makes the champion.
hal0g0dv2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 10:20 AM   #132
what manner of phaggotry is this
 
RRxtar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Kelownafornia
Posts: 17,801
Thanked 4,721 Times in 1,585 Posts
leg raises is about it for my main ab workout too. i also do oblique side bends sometimes. and i do what i call "Tyler Throws" (long story. haha) thats basically holding a 45lb plate out infront of you almost at full arm extension an swinging it side to side but with an arc up in the middle.
__________________
STRENGTHaesthetics
RRxtar is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:33 AM   #133
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!
 
jeffh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: kelowna
Posts: 4,794
Thanked 470 Times in 165 Posts
you need to incorporate holding a beer at the same time tho haha
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
Ugliness and fatness are genetic disorders, much like baldness or necrophilia, and it's only your fault if you don't hate yourself enough to do something about it.
jeffh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 12:06 PM   #134
what manner of phaggotry is this
 
RRxtar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Kelownafornia
Posts: 17,801
Thanked 4,721 Times in 1,585 Posts
legs on tuesday. still cant even get out of a chair. damnit
__________________
STRENGTHaesthetics
RRxtar is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:21 PM   #135
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 41,243
Thanked 17,023 Times in 5,121 Posts
I don't consider protein or fish oil as supplements. So creatine, beta alanine, BCAA. Sometimes I'll take 5-HTP and Rhodiola.
SkinnyPupp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:54 PM   #136
what manner of phaggotry is this
 
RRxtar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Kelownafornia
Posts: 17,801
Thanked 4,721 Times in 1,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
I don't consider protein or fish oil as supplements. So creatine, beta alanine, BCAA. Sometimes I'll take 5-HTP and Rhodiola.
are you supplimenting them into your diet? if it comes in a pill, liquid, or powder and doesnt come dirrectly from regular food, then its a suppliment.
__________________
STRENGTHaesthetics
RRxtar is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:11 PM   #137
RS Operative (G)
 
hal0g0dv2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: GYM
Posts: 12,721
Thanked 4,359 Times in 1,488 Posts
check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBynS...eature=related
__________________
╔╦╦╦═╦╗╔═╦═╦══╦═╗
║║║║╩╣╚╣═╣║║║║║╩╣
╚══╩═╩═╩═╩═╩╩╩╩═╝

It's not the steroids that makes the champion but it's hard training .. dedication, the diet and sacrifice and genetics that person has.. what makes the champion.
hal0g0dv2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:31 PM   #138
Unauthourized Spammer
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bank
Posts: 1,492
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
^holy shit
rickross888 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:24 AM   #139
what manner of phaggotry is this
 
RRxtar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Kelownafornia
Posts: 17,801
Thanked 4,721 Times in 1,585 Posts
holy fuck look at his shoulder as hes sitting there when hes done
__________________
STRENGTHaesthetics
RRxtar is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 01:32 AM   #140
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 41,243
Thanked 17,023 Times in 5,121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
are you supplimenting them into your diet? if it comes in a pill, liquid, or powder and doesnt come dirrectly from regular food, then its a suppliment.
No, it's food. A protein shake is a shake. With a lot of protein.

Fish oil, I guess you could call that a supplement.

So yeah, I supplement with fish oil. Not with protein shakes though. I eat protein shakes, supplemented with creatine and beta alanine
SkinnyPupp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:59 AM   #141
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!
 
jeffh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: kelowna
Posts: 4,794
Thanked 470 Times in 165 Posts
symantics is definatly relevant to a fitness forum...

looking forward to destroying wood camping this weekend, if for nothing other than the great workout that it is hahaha

as for a protein supplement to my regular diet, i just have whey in shake
and glutamein
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
Ugliness and fatness are genetic disorders, much like baldness or necrophilia, and it's only your fault if you don't hate yourself enough to do something about it.

Last edited by jeffh; 09-04-2009 at 10:05 AM.
jeffh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 07:46 PM   #142
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 41,243
Thanked 17,023 Times in 5,121 Posts
I just supplemented my diet with a glass of water. That was awesome!
SkinnyPupp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:29 PM   #143
I subscribe to Revscene
 
DC5-S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,956
Thanked 320 Times in 123 Posts
does anyone here know the side effects of smoking pot + weight lifting? I heard it can hinder muscle growth, is this true or does it depend how much of a smoker you are? I smoke maybe once or twice a week.. but small amounts
DC5-S is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 04:00 PM   #144
RS Operative (G)
 
hal0g0dv2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: GYM
Posts: 12,721
Thanked 4,359 Times in 1,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5-S View Post
does anyone here know the side effects of smoking pot + weight lifting? I heard it can hinder muscle growth, is this true or does it depend how much of a smoker you are? I smoke maybe once or twice a week.. but small amounts
im sure it might hinder muscle building a little bit , maybe try and cut back
__________________
╔╦╦╦═╦╗╔═╦═╦══╦═╗
║║║║╩╣╚╣═╣║║║║║╩╣
╚══╩═╩═╩═╩═╩╩╩╩═╝

It's not the steroids that makes the champion but it's hard training .. dedication, the diet and sacrifice and genetics that person has.. what makes the champion.
hal0g0dv2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 07:51 PM   #145
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 41,243
Thanked 17,023 Times in 5,121 Posts
I just remembered, right before I got sick, I tried something different with my PWO nutrition. I usually take a 2/3 serving of Torrent (for the insulin spike + BCAA's and hydrolysed whey). But since I am really trying to cut weight, I tried going with just whey protein.

I felt the same for a while, but then on my last workout, after weights I went to do my 12 minutes of HIIT on the bike. I literally could barely pedal! My legs just weren't working. Even at the "jogging" level of 9, it felt like it was already set to 16. That sucked.

To me, this hows quite clearly how important a high carb post workout shake is. Of course I "knew" this from reading advice from People With A Clue, but I wanted to see how big a difference there would be.

So if you are working out and NOT taking a high carb shake afterwards, you could be severely limiting your performance.

If you're wondering how it works, basically it uses insulin, which is a very powerful and very useful hormone when utilized at the right time (it can also be very bad for you if you have a lot of it in you at the wrong times) to shuttle glycogen into the muscles rapidly. This basically shortens your recovery time by a significant margin. If you are only workout out 2 or 3 times a week I'm sure it doesn't matter. But if you are doing weights + HIIT + steady state on off days, that means 6 days a week of training and you will kill yourself without something like this.

Look for Universal Torrent or Biotest Surge, or perhaps something similar. Or even a handful of raisins + whey shake + BCAA's.
SkinnyPupp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 08:40 PM   #146
RS Operative (G)
 
hal0g0dv2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: GYM
Posts: 12,721
Thanked 4,359 Times in 1,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
I just remembered, right before I got sick, I tried something different with my PWO nutrition. I usually take a 2/3 serving of Torrent (for the insulin spike + BCAA's and hydrolysed whey). But since I am really trying to cut weight, I tried going with just whey protein.

I felt the same for a while, but then on my last workout, after weights I went to do my 12 minutes of HIIT on the bike. I literally could barely pedal! My legs just weren't working. Even at the "jogging" level of 9, it felt like it was already set to 16. That sucked.

To me, this hows quite clearly how important a high carb post workout shake is. Of course I "knew" this from reading advice from People With A Clue, but I wanted to see how big a difference there would be.

So if you are working out and NOT taking a high carb shake afterwards, you could be severely limiting your performance.

If you're wondering how it works, basically it uses insulin, which is a very powerful and very useful hormone when utilized at the right time (it can also be very bad for you if you have a lot of it in you at the wrong times) to shuttle glycogen into the muscles rapidly. This basically shortens your recovery time by a significant margin. If you are only workout out 2 or 3 times a week I'm sure it doesn't matter. But if you are doing weights + HIIT + steady state on off days, that means 6 days a week of training and you will kill yourself without something like this.

Look for Universal Torrent or Biotest Surge, or perhaps something similar. Or even a handful of raisins + whey shake + BCAA's.
yeah bio test is good stuff
__________________
╔╦╦╦═╦╗╔═╦═╦══╦═╗
║║║║╩╣╚╣═╣║║║║║╩╣
╚══╩═╩═╩═╩═╩╩╩╩═╝

It's not the steroids that makes the champion but it's hard training .. dedication, the diet and sacrifice and genetics that person has.. what makes the champion.
hal0g0dv2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 09:19 PM   #147
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 41,243
Thanked 17,023 Times in 5,121 Posts
All that, and that is your response?

Honestly I think Torrent is far superior to Surge. It's loaded with Leucine.

Oh I should point out that you do not want any fat in a PWO shake.
SkinnyPupp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 12:35 AM   #148
RS Operative (G)
 
hal0g0dv2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: GYM
Posts: 12,721
Thanked 4,359 Times in 1,488 Posts
did shoulders/ legs today
started with smith machine millatry press
35x15 to warm up
45x10
45 plus 25 x 8
lateral raises 3 sets of those with light weight
then Arnold press
55x10
65x9
75x8
LEGS
squats
45x20 to warm up
45 plus 25 x 10 reps
45x45 x 8 reps
barbell lunges around the gym for 3 sets with 45 plates on each side those fucking kill
finished off with some hamstrings
__________________
╔╦╦╦═╦╗╔═╦═╦══╦═╗
║║║║╩╣╚╣═╣║║║║║╩╣
╚══╩═╩═╩═╩═╩╩╩╩═╝

It's not the steroids that makes the champion but it's hard training .. dedication, the diet and sacrifice and genetics that person has.. what makes the champion.
hal0g0dv2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 09:38 PM   #149
RS Operative (G)
 
hal0g0dv2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: GYM
Posts: 12,721
Thanked 4,359 Times in 1,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
All that, and that is your response?

Honestly I think Torrent is far superior to Surge. It's loaded with Leucine.

Oh I should point out that you do not want any fat in a PWO shake.
bio test products are hard to find unless u buy from US
or T-nation
__________________
╔╦╦╦═╦╗╔═╦═╦══╦═╗
║║║║╩╣╚╣═╣║║║║║╩╣
╚══╩═╩═╩═╩═╩╩╩╩═╝

It's not the steroids that makes the champion but it's hard training .. dedication, the diet and sacrifice and genetics that person has.. what makes the champion.
hal0g0dv2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 05:59 AM   #150
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 41,243
Thanked 17,023 Times in 5,121 Posts
Just had my first workout in almost 2 weeks, after getting over a cold. And it was an ass-kicker:

5 minute warmup on elliptical

Bent-Over DB Rows - 50 lbs x 2 DB's
DB overhead push-press - 50 lbs x 2 DB's
DB front squat - 60 lbs x 2 DB's
Hanging leg raises

All for 20 reps, 40 second rest between sets

Then 13 minutes of HIIT, 2 minute cooldown.

I had to sit down after the last set of squats.
SkinnyPupp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net