REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:23 PM   #17251
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Situation View Post
Going to start taking pre workout again. Getting less motivated at the gym. Took a sample of napalm by muscle warfare (same company chestbrah is in) and holy what a difference.
I was wired out at the gym. People probably thought I just popped.
Interesting. I hear you situation, I've also been losing interest in the gym. My lifts are steadily going up as well, so it might be due to over training.

Never took a pre-workout drink, but from what you guys are saying - it seems like what 10 cups of coffee and a couple of bananas and more. lol.

Just wondering, does everyone here take Pre workout shakes?
Advertisement
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:26 PM   #17252
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
pre workout shake? as in like a protein shake ?
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:34 PM   #17253
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
Quote:
Going to start taking pre workout again. Getting less motivated at the gym. Took a sample of napalm by muscle warfare (same company chestbrah is in) and holy what a difference.
I was wired out at the gym. People probably thought I just popped.
start a new program if you feel less motivated. Once i start to feel less motivated i always get to the bottom of it and make the changes i need
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:36 PM   #17254
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,502 Times in 1,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha v2 View Post
haven't really seen curlers in squat rack when going earlier in morning...

typer didn't know you went fw
Yup I been going to the Richmond location for awhile now, usually in the evening.

Quite a few characters in this gym.

Team bicep curl (or drop set) makes the biggest mess when it comes to working out, and hogging the squat rack.

Then there's the soccer guy (Asian dude wearing soccer clothing) who does the most fucked up exercises. It's kind of hard to explain but I'll snap photos of this example soon. This particular guy likes to hog the pull up bar doing one arm monkey swing pull ups.

Anyways...

These goof balls were just starting their curls when I was leaving.

Don't worry next time I'm doing squats at the bicep curl rack
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:39 PM   #17255

Thanked 1,605 Times in 536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 View Post
start a new program if you feel less motivated. Once i start to feel less motivated i always get to the bottom of it and make the changes i need
I just finished 5/3/1 and I'm back to a bodybuilding split. Thing is I'm still making progress while unmotivated
Old 05-23-2012, 10:46 PM   #17256

Quote:
I just finished 5/3/1 and I'm back to a bodybuilding split. Thing is I'm still making progress while unmotivated
Join a gym with more chicks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 View Post
pre workout shake? as in like a protein shake ?
I.e/ Craze, et cetera and what ever's in that shake thread.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:46 PM   #17257
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin7352 View Post
No he told them to do whatever the fuck they wanna do
Good form
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:52 PM   #17258
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeRNammer View Post
Yup I been going to the Richmond location for awhile now, usually in the evening.

Quite a few characters in this gym.

Team bicep curl (or drop set) makes the biggest mess when it comes to working out, and hogging the squat rack.

Then there's the soccer guy (Asian dude wearing soccer clothing) who does the most fucked up exercises. It's kind of hard to explain but I'll snap photos of this example soon. This particular guy likes to hog the pull up bar doing one arm monkey swing pull ups.

Anyways...

These goof balls were just starting their curls when I was leaving.

Don't worry next time I'm doing squats at the bicep curl rack
lol the fw stories, always something when go later on in the day

i asked him what he was doing during his ... one arm suspinated snatch?

he said: "i am training"

Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:04 PM   #17259

Thanked 1,605 Times in 536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subordinate View Post
Join a gym with more chicks.

I.e/ Craze, et cetera and what ever's in that shake thread.
You are 100% correct on that one. Will be going to UBC Coop in september and apparently that place is packed with cardio bunnies
Old 05-23-2012, 11:34 PM   #17260
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,810 Times in 8,187 Posts
Did my last set of Bulgarian split squats today. Those are probably my top "love/hate" exercise right now. Nothing pumps my legs more, and puts me more out of breath
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:42 PM   #17261

Thanked 2,377 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subordinate View Post
Never took a pre-workout drink, but from what you guys are saying - it seems like what 10 cups of coffee and a couple of bananas and more. lol.

Just wondering, does everyone here take Pre workout shakes?
I used to...and it helped a quite a bit at times.

But I stopped working out for close to 7 months and when I started again this time around, I haven't felt the need to ever take a PWO short of a protein shake (because I missed a meal or whatever). I get these massive pumps and focus now that's 100% natural...it's an even better high than relying on some PWO formula, imo. How long will this last? I'm not sure, but it certainly doesn't hurt trying a PWO if you want to try it.

Btw, I'm not a big guy either..just an average joe.
Invisible sky daddies commanding people to do shit is just so beyond retarded, I feel like punching myself in the balls until I shit my computer chair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopstick View Post
4 years ago, I pulled up to burger king, and asked to get a teen burger. I realized after the 3rd time i said it, I was in the wrong fucking place.

(>___<)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_High
[19-10, 22:51] how many post do I need before I can fail TOS'D posts.
Alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-24-2012, 06:24 AM   #17262
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
I don't take a pre-workout because I'm sensitive to caffeine. I had insomnia in the past, and it was awful. I don't like losing sleep.

I have taken ON Amino Energy in the past, but the affects were pretty mild if anything.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:17 AM   #17263
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

I've never tried a PWO stimulant before. I have a couple of sample baggies that came along buying my other supplements. I might try one out just for kicks one session but I don't plan on relying on them. I find myself to be pretty self-motivated.

Read this quote somewhere.

"Give a man energy and he'll workout for a day, teach a man to be self-energized and he'll workout forever."
thegentleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:29 AM   #17264

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1flipkid View Post
I've never tried a PWO stimulant before. I have a couple of sample baggies that came along buying my other supplements. I might try one out just for kicks one session but I don't plan on relying on them. I find myself to be pretty self-motivated.

Read this quote somewhere.

"Give a man energy and he'll workout for a day, teach a man to be self-energized and he'll workout forever."
My honest advice, don't take it. They put those samples there for a reason. You start off with a free sample, and the next thing you know, you're calling popeyes at 3am asking for one hit. Lol, not quite, but you get what I mean.
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:12 PM   #17265
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafanculo View Post
My honest advice, don't take it. They put those samples there for a reason. You start off with a free sample, and the next thing you know, you're calling popeyes at 3am asking for one hit. Lol, not quite, but you get what I mean.
I was just at Fuel SVN two days ago buying epehdrine, the nutrionalist at the counter gave me 2 samples of this stuff I can't recall, it was in a tiny black baggy about 2"x 2", but she told me take 1 ephedrine with one serving and I'll have "the best workout ever."

I already feel psyched before a session and on top of the world after. Hopefully I can keep this drive alive. Maybe I'll just give it away to my friends. Haha.

Edit: PWO she gave me was Razor 8.

Last edited by thegentleman; 05-24-2012 at 04:32 PM.
thegentleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:14 PM   #17266
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
man I just started working out again.

Decided to do a 3 month membership to thompson community center (lots of cute girls btw!)

anyways

Southarm, fucking cramped. Also that 200k that went missing could have bought more stuff for the gym and expanded it.

Thompson about 10 minutes away from my house but worth it simply because it is bigger.

My diets impeccable. I've been eating 1400-1500 calories a day. The meds im taking cause anorexia and is an awesome "pre-workout" too.

It's been 3 weeks since I started an honestly I fear eatting bad food now and actually get anxiety if I don't gym.

I'm so glad to be actually working out again and to be hopefully hitting an amazing body by the end of the summer and for the new semester.

Very annoyed by the price of gyms though. 100 dollars for 3 months.

When i was at the oval it was 50, but it was far away, golds is a poorely run gym. I'd sign up for steve nash, but I can only do monthly since my finances aren't the greatest right meow.

I don't want a fucking contract. Why can't i just find a god damn gym that has everything (langara ymca is best) but doesn't have fucking assholes (langara ymca so many surrey jacks) and a decent month to month rate. At this point I'm contemplating buying a home gym and setting it up in my buddies garage.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:28 PM   #17267

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
1500 calorie diet is impeccable...

... how the fuck..............
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:30 PM   #17268
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
100 for 3 months??? that is not bad... the oval was never $50 for 3 months... unless i am missing something here

edit: and on topic of PWO, anyone here feel a lot of depression while taking them at night? they kept making me sad and playing games till 6 am
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:50 PM   #17269
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowjin View Post
man I just started working out again.

Decided to do a 3 month membership to thompson community center (lots of cute girls btw!)

anyways

Southarm, fucking cramped. Also that 200k that went missing could have bought more stuff for the gym and expanded it.

Thompson about 10 minutes away from my house but worth it simply because it is bigger.

My diets impeccable. I've been eating 1400-1500 calories a day. The meds im taking cause anorexia and is an awesome "pre-workout" too.

It's been 3 weeks since I started an honestly I fear eatting bad food now and actually get anxiety if I don't gym.

I'm so glad to be actually working out again and to be hopefully hitting an amazing body by the end of the summer and for the new semester.

Very annoyed by the price of gyms though. 100 dollars for 3 months.

When i was at the oval it was 50, but it was far away, golds is a poorely run gym. I'd sign up for steve nash, but I can only do monthly since my finances aren't the greatest right meow.

I don't want a fucking contract. Why can't i just find a god damn gym that has everything (langara ymca is best) but doesn't have fucking assholes (langara ymca so many surrey jacks) and a decent month to month rate. At this point I'm contemplating buying a home gym and setting it up in my buddies garage.
It really does suck, but bear in mind though, if you make your own gym, your equipment is going to be alot more limited than what you can find in a public gym. But if you're not worrying too much about variety, I guess all you really need is a set of freeweights, a squat rack with a barbell and some plates. Comes with a hefty price though...

Come to think of it, i've been thinking of investing in a set of kettlebell weights..

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 03:12 PM   #17270
How I Mod your mother

I always have to poo after assault. Dafuq?
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:02 PM   #17271
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
205lb Military Pin Press, 40lb side raises, 135 OH Press, 40 front raises. All superset one after the other in that order 2 reps of each for 7 sets.

That was the first half of the workout. 2nd half was 150lb High Power Pulls, 315 Low Power Pulls (shrugs) 70lb Facepulls, and 135lb Upright Rows.
That iBodybuilder program is kicking my ass. Love it. This is week 3 on shoulders. Gonna do one more week then move on to the next body part.

Berz out.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:05 PM   #17272
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
Yaminashi, I can understand if it makes you pee more, but shit more? I read somewhere saying that it increases metabolism, so that might be the thing.

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:04 PM   #17273
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Yaminashi View Post
I always have to poo after assault. Dafuq?
I'm the same way. Caffeine usually makes me need to shit and piss a lot. brb pregame shit
truth is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-24-2012, 05:11 PM   #17274

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Did my last set of Bulgarian split squats today. Those are probably my top "love/hate" exercise right now. Nothing pumps my legs more, and puts me more out of breath
I only do them as a last resort if I only have DB to work with. The hate overpowers the love by so much. Ughhh
Old 05-24-2012, 06:44 PM   #17275

Thanked 2,051 Times in 676 Posts
Hey does anyone experience sore lats after deadlifts?
Fcukedd is offline   Reply With Quote