REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 06-16-2012, 04:49 PM   #18226
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
craze is legal here no need for seizure unless u didn't declare lol
Advertisement
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 05:36 PM   #18227
McFogg The Dawg is my homeboy

Thanked 1,130 Times in 286 Posts
ouch...
kevin7352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 05:43 PM   #18228
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

After a week of partying/edc my lifts have gone down, lost some weight but not much.
BUT I think Vegas helped me in the long run. So motivated now.
BinsentoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:02 PM   #18229
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

prob bs'd you and just took your money....and now he has a free craze
jack3d is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-16-2012, 06:26 PM   #18230
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

So I picked up the remaining CRAZE bottle from jayare604 today..

Right away took 2 good sized scoops before the workout.. Not a single fuck was given! I FELT NOTHING. Maybe a little focus, but thats it. My heartrate increased for sure, but I expected a lot more because of the hype. I will not increase dosage.

I have tried a number of PWO (Jack3d, craze, white flood, razor8, superpump, 1MR, neurocore, assualt, C4 etc..) Some were samples of course.

In my opinion nothing comes close except for JACK3D or NEUROCORE. Maybe the old razor 8 and 1MR formula's with the 1,3 in it.

This is all subjective though. Everyone has a different body type and how they handle PWO's. Don't forget to cycle when using this stuff otherwise your tolerance will increase big time!

Just my opinion guys
evo08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:08 PM   #18231
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,730 Times in 374 Posts
^Maybe you shouldn't of gone 2 scoops right away IMO.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:16 PM   #18232
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmatic View Post
^Maybe you shouldn't of gone 2 scoops right away IMO.
I have tried one scoop in the past when it first came out..didnt do anything... then kinda forgot about it.

Anyways had a good workout.. shoulders/light back for reps

- DB Press 80X9 /70X12 60X15
- Arnold Press 60X9 / 50X12
- Cables
- Upright rows 45 bar with 35 plate (holding for few seconds at the top)
- Shrugs
etc..
evo08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:30 PM   #18233
I subscribe to Revscene

PWO's do nothing for me, and in my opinion are a waste of money.. I always have enough energy for the gym. even when im sick I can finish my workout
DC5-S is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-16-2012, 07:51 PM   #18234
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
long overdue but updated club pics
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:58 PM   #18235
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale View Post
Just did some hang pulls for the first time for my upper back.... My traps and upper back feel so swole
Said it a million times here, high pulls are MONEY for traps. Fucken love them
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-16-2012, 08:15 PM   #18236

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5-S View Post
What can my dad take to lower his LDL? Is there any supplements that help with that? He doesn't eat very bad but I assume it's the body producing LDL
My dad in law got the same story from his doctor. I'll tell you what I told him.

First of all "high cholesterol" is not necessarily a bad thing. Like Jimzilla's doctor though, doctors often take the numbers given to them, and look at the wrong things. They see "high cholesterol" or "high levels of LDL" and tell people to stop eating so much cholesterol. The patient listens, and their LDL gets even worse. Because by cutting out cholesterol (basically eat less meat) they are replacing it with crap food, because we all need to eat a certain amount every day if we're not enforcing a strict diet. So cut out meat, you introduce more starch and bad fat usually. It should be the opposite - eat MORE meat, introducing GOOD cholesterol, and less starch which is what causes poor blood lipids and inflammation. Patient goes back, doctor assumes they weren't listening, and puts them on statin drugs. Once that happens, that's the end of your life as you know it. Because once you start taking cholesterol lowering drugs, you body basically starts shutting down. But I digress...

So you can have 'high cholesterol' but when you look at the numbers that matter - ratio of HDL/LDL/AND Triglycerides, you will have overall a great blood lipid profile. To get that, eat more meat, less carbs.

-EXERCISE. 3 times a week. My dad in law is 60, so I told him to do body weight exercises. He used to do 100 pushups every night which is pretty impressive. I told him to do pushups, hindu squats, and if he can, pullups every other day. We'll have to see about setting up a chinup bar for him somewhere. Running is better than nothing, but anything is better than jogging. Weights are best, as we all know.

-Cut out as much sugar and grains as possible (I say as possible since he works in China). NO SWEETS. No fruit, unless it is berries

-Cut out as much fat that comes in liquid form as possible. If it's solid at room temperature and non-hydrogenated, it's good. Butter, animal fat, etc good. Vegetable oil, creamers, etc bad. Exceptions: Coconut milk, some nut oils (he'll never see them in China) avocado oil, etc

-Try to make your diet as antiinflammatory as possible. Learn what foods are inflammatory, which are neutral, and which are anti. Most diets high in carbs (especially wheat) are highly inflammatory. This is what leads to heart disease more than anything. High triglycerides + chronic inflammation = you never see 70

-3 tsp of liquid fish oil each day

Some supplements that can help lipid profile

ginger powder, 1g a day
fenugreek, 500mg a day
fish oil, 3 tsp a day (capsules, non concentrated - 13 a day. Concentrated - 6 a day)
This post thanked by:
Old 06-16-2012, 11:55 PM   #18237
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Something else I read is most cholesterol tests just look for total cholesterol, not specifically HDL or LDL because this test is easier. And as you said, they need to compare the cholesterol to triglycerides to get a real picture. But most doctors and labs dont do that.
Old 06-16-2012, 11:57 PM   #18238
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Old 06-17-2012, 04:26 AM   #18239
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
My dad in law got the same story from his doctor. I'll tell you what I told him.

First of all "high cholesterol" is not necessarily a bad thing. Like Jimzilla's doctor though, doctors often take the numbers given to them, and look at the wrong things. They see "high cholesterol" or "high levels of LDL" and tell people to stop eating so much cholesterol. The patient listens, and their LDL gets even worse. Because by cutting out cholesterol (basically eat less meat) they are replacing it with crap food, because we all need to eat a certain amount every day if we're not enforcing a strict diet. So cut out meat, you introduce more starch and bad fat usually. It should be the opposite - eat MORE meat, introducing GOOD cholesterol, and less starch which is what causes poor blood lipids and inflammation. Patient goes back, doctor assumes they weren't listening, and puts them on statin drugs. Once that happens, that's the end of your life as you know it. Because once you start taking cholesterol lowering drugs, you body basically starts shutting down. But I digress...

So you can have 'high cholesterol' but when you look at the numbers that matter - ratio of HDL/LDL/AND Triglycerides, you will have overall a great blood lipid profile. To get that, eat more meat, less carbs.

-EXERCISE. 3 times a week. My dad in law is 60, so I told him to do body weight exercises. He used to do 100 pushups every night which is pretty impressive. I told him to do pushups, hindu squats, and if he can, pullups every other day. We'll have to see about setting up a chinup bar for him somewhere. Running is better than nothing, but anything is better than jogging. Weights are best, as we all know.

-Cut out as much sugar and grains as possible (I say as possible since he works in China). NO SWEETS. No fruit, unless it is berries

-Cut out as much fat that comes in liquid form as possible. If it's solid at room temperature and non-hydrogenated, it's good. Butter, animal fat, etc good. Vegetable oil, creamers, etc bad. Exceptions: Coconut milk, some nut oils (he'll never see them in China) avocado oil, etc

-Try to make your diet as antiinflammatory as possible. Learn what foods are inflammatory, which are neutral, and which are anti. Most diets high in carbs (especially wheat) are highly inflammatory. This is what leads to heart disease more than anything. High triglycerides + chronic inflammation = you never see 70

-3 tsp of liquid fish oil each day

Some supplements that can help lipid profile

ginger powder, 1g a day
fenugreek, 500mg a day
fish oil, 3 tsp a day (capsules, non concentrated - 13 a day. Concentrated - 6 a day)
Hey Skinny,

You seem to be well informed in this sort of thing. Where do you get your information? I mean i've read articles that are very similar to your opinion. Also articles which states cholesterol in food, does not really effect blood cholesterol etc. Obviously there are studies for both sides of the equation(Dr vs. You). What makes these recent studies correct? Curious as I have to hold a medical for my career, and I seem to develop higher blood pressure from time to time (white coat syndrome is possible). But if it gets to the point that it is too high, blood tests begin and if everything is out of whack (according to them) that nice little paper gets yanked and i'm out of a job.

Any suggestions for high blood pressure? Besides the standard exercise?
Old 06-17-2012, 04:43 AM   #18240

TBH it all stated with watching Fat head (actually before that, but it was really a 'convincing moment' for me). It's on Netflix now, so watch it if you haven't. From there, I started following their blog, as well as Dr Mike Eades and Gary Taubes blogs and twitter accounts. There are plenty others out there, but these guys all stick to facts and don't preach.

That's as good a starting point as you'll need. They all link to other resources, and constantly update with new info as it comes out.

As for high bp, no idea. That would depend on what is causing it, I suppose.

The main thing for me was realizing that humans have been around in this main 'form' for a very, very long time. When you think of our known history, it is ridiculously short compared to our species. Therefore, for millions of years, we have lived and eaten a certain way. Yet for less than 1% of that time, we have been eating the way we do now. And that is when such problems as diabetes, metabolic syndrome, etc, started showing up. (essentially, with agriculture). Now I am not saying we should eat "like cavemen" and I do not endorse a "paleo" diet. But if you just think about things in the terms of "we have been doing it this way for millions of years, how is this better?" it lets you think about things with a more grounded perspective.

So when I say we aren't meant for running, it's not because I think running is stupid and causes injuries. It's because there was no reason for us to develop to be runners over those millions of years. And when you look at what we ate for most of those times - animals, supplemented with some greens and anything that's edible that could be gathered during a hunt, it's pretty clear how we 'should' be eating. How far you want to take it is up to you, I suppose. We all love sugar too, and for these millions of years we enjoy it for how it makes us feel. But for the most part, it was only available in seasonal fruits (interestingly this takes place in late summer... fatten you up for winter perhaps?), or when you happen across a beehive. Again if you look at it that way, sugar is almost like a drug. We crave it, and can get addicted to it. It gives us a quick 'fix' and makes us feel like shit after.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2012, 08:20 AM   #18241
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
Skinny, well said! Its a really commmon misconception, and its funny because many medical professionals still believe that total cholesterol is the culprit to this day. It is partly, but theyre giving the wrong reasons. So what skinny said is absolutely correct, it was only within the last few years that beliefs concerning hugh cholesterol started to change. Search up pubmed, its a well documented and reliable database for medical information so id check that out. Its funny because even at the university level, my professor will be teaching us the wrong things.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:05 AM   #18242
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
Since we're on the topic of nutrition, I'd like to ask something.

I workout 3-4x a week, lift heavy, and have been for almost 3 years. I eat as many clean sources of protein as I can. However, does the whole working-out aspect allow me a sort of "free pass" to eat whatever else I want? EG: ice cream, church's chicken, BK, junk food, etc.

I've been kind of assuming (possibly wrong) that so long as I put in the work at the gym, I can afford "luxuries" like having relative freedom of eating what I want, on top of eating the regular clean foods like chicken breast, ground beef, pasta, spinach, and so on.

I would classify myself as an ectomorph. It's easy for me to lose weight, and harder for me to gain weight. I'm not trolling. I've been wondering about this for a while but didn't know how to ask.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:13 AM   #18243
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,388 Times in 189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post

I workout 3-4x a week, lift heavy, and have been for almost 3 years. I eat as many clean sources of protein as I can. However, does the whole working-out aspect allow me a sort of "free pass" to eat whatever else I want? EG: ice cream, church's chicken, BK, junk food, etc.

I've been kind of assuming (possibly wrong) that so long as I put in the work at the gym, I can afford "luxuries" like having relative freedom of eating what I want, on top of eating the regular clean foods like chicken breast, ground beef, pasta, spinach, and so on.

I would classify myself as an ectomorph. It's easy for me to lose weight, and harder for me to gain weight. I'm not trolling. I've been wondering about this for a while but didn't know how to ask.

nope it does not justify you eating poorly. you most likely are not eating anywhere near enough. I used to be an extreme ectomorph. Eat till you can't eat anymore...then eat some more.
1995 Nissan 240sx SE
2000 Honda Civic DX hatch
1995 Acura Integra GSR
1993 Honda Civic dx hatch
1997 Acura Integra Type-R
1990 Nissan 240sx hatch
1988 Nissan 300zx-T SS
1992 Honda Civic si hatch
1997 Honda Civic cx hatch
1992 Honda Civic dx hatch
1991 Nissan 240sx se coupe
1986 Honda Accord EXR sedan
Jordanl250 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2012, 10:16 AM   #18244
RS controls my life!

I usually allow myself to cheat once or twice a week.

Sunday morning, fasted squats ftw
GGnoRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:26 AM   #18245
Treasure Chest MOD

jordanl250, amen.

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2012, 10:34 AM   #18246
Treasure Chest MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post

Imo, if you're an ectomorph, eat and devour anything in your path... chances are, ur not gonna have enough protein from meat sources for 7-8 meals a day, so you gotta improvise and make do with what's in your fridge.

Eat anything, and everything... Asking if working out can justify bad eating habits is like asking what caused what in an inter-related cycle. Without proper food and diet, you won't have the fuel to workout well.. and without a good workout, the food you put in will turn into unwanted weight gain

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:23 AM   #18247
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
Bulking
Eat everything you can and then eat what you ate again in the same day. I was a skinny kunt like jl250 and I was 6'6 so it was a bitch to bulk that did not stop me one bit.
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2012, 11:32 AM   #18248
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
guys shirt came off yesterday when i went out and everybody was mirin hard feeelsgoodman good thing hal0god wasn't there
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2012, 12:21 PM   #18249
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,605 Times in 536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by strykn View Post
guys shirt came off yesterday when i went out and everybody was mirin hard feeelsgoodman good thing hal0god wasn't there
I'm guessing you went to above and beyond? Did you see all the miscers?
Old 06-17-2012, 02:19 PM   #18250
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 3,267 Times in 547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Situation View Post
I'm guessing you went to above and beyond? Did you see all the miscers?
Strong video of u on facebook
Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: