REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 07-23-2012, 12:30 AM   #19601
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinn3r View Post
so i've been busy with school & work that i've pretty much been the same size for the past 4-5 months with virtually NO gains at all; just going to the gym to keep up the physique and it's been kinda depressing lately i really want to break the peak
i've never taken anything besides protein powder, and seeing some of my friends make significant gains with some of these supplements, i decided to order a tub of bodybuilding.com's unflavored micronized creatine

i'm a noob at this stuff, so i literally spent 2 hours researching on the different types of creatine, loading, etc
just wondering how was your guys' experience with creatine? hope i don't fuck anything up for myself lol
dint you say you weighed 120, your problem isnt that u arent taking enough supplements u need to eat more if u think ur eating enough google my plate livestrong and see how many calories ur eating a day for ur weight it shouldnt be hard maybe around 2900 a day to gain u can find calculators online for that too

u spent 2hrs researching creatine all u need 2 no is take creatine monohydrate and drink 4l of water a day, if ur diet and training is good youll get a strength boost from it, & no creatine wont fuck you up
Advertisement
cc604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-23-2012, 12:47 AM   #19602
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
a big thing since you are 120 lbs is not creatine, it is diet. Eat a shit fuck load. I use to be 134 pinner as fuck and started making eggs + some sort of meat every morning. Tastes like shit and boring and all but bulk diet is w/e you can get that gives you calories.... You WILL notice strength when getting 10+ lbs and the creatine will make you puffy/watery.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-23-2012, 12:54 AM   #19603
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,051 Times in 676 Posts
^ I personally didn't experience any water retention while on creatine.

But yeah like everyone said, it's more of a diet thing that you feel like you haven't made any gains. To be honest, I haven't made progress in the past 4 months as well, aesthetics wise. I even lost a couple of pounds due to the time spent on school. I got a lot stronger though which is strange.

Anyways, fix your diet and use summer to your advantage. Sleep earlier so you don't wake up 2 in the afternoon and missing out on breakfast.
Fcukedd is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-23-2012, 06:57 AM   #19604
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
OK so I got stranded

There are tree branches blocking the roads all over the place, and many minibus routes stopped running (without notice). I had to take several routes to finally catch a bus home, and got home pretty late, and wet.

This is the most intense typhoon I've seen since coming here in 06.. they are talking about increasing it to a T10

Anyway, nothing to do with working out, I am just glad I didn't skip today, because they'll definitely be closed tomorrow. Loaded up on beef and chicken, and will just spend the next day eating, provided one of the walls in my house doesn't cave in.

Watch the news tomorrow, you should see some pretty crazy footage out of HK and China.

Update: it's a T9 now! There is a police car with flashing lights up on the road above my house. I'd go up for a look, but it is legitimately dangerous to go outside right now.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:50 AM   #19605
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_sir View Post
Nice meeting you man. You're a pretty big guy yourself!

Squats were meh. Just did the bare minimum. Today was one of those days I would've stayed home if I hadn't already promised to meet a buddy.

What times do you usually hit the gym?
I usually go anywhere from 10am-2pm.

No gym for me today. Had a friend from Seattle stay with me last minute, so we are gonna grab some lunch before she heads off up Schushwap.

Diu!!!
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:05 AM   #19606
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
International Chest Monday... Come at me Bro!

Berz out.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:22 AM   #19607
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
Pinn3r how many meals are you getting in per day? The good thing about being a hard gainer is that, provided you have a well established workout routine, you will have a lot more leeway in terms of less healthier foods that you can eat. What I mean is that as a hard gainer, don't be too picky about the types of foods you eat more so than the amount that you eat. You always gotta eat something maybe every 1.5-2 hours or ur metabolism will start eating away at ur muscle tissue for energy because ur already at such low body fat. Stay consistent with your meals and ull eventually put on size. Like the others said, only take creating if ur working out, or I'll be forking out cash without purpose. Tbh, it would seem like a better decision for u to spend that money on a decent weight gainer to help with upping your calorie count when you don't have the time to prepare a meal.

In terms of workout, fuck those guys that say hard gainers shouldn't workout as hard in the gym. I was a hard gainer myself that has gained 25lb in less than a year, I find that when you workout to failure, that means forcing out those extra reps till you're shaking, is the most effective. ( this goes for most upper body workouts) you need to have constant and frequent tension in those areas for them to grow.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-23-2012, 12:02 PM   #19608
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 5,279 Times in 603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by instantneedles View Post
Pinn3r how many meals are you getting in per day? The good thing about being a hard gainer is that, provided you have a well established workout routine, you will have a lot more leeway in terms of less healthier foods that you can eat. What I mean is that as a hard gainer, don't be too picky about the types of foods you eat more so than the amount that you eat. You always gotta eat something maybe every 1.5-2 hours or ur metabolism will start eating away at ur muscle tissue for energy because ur already at such low body fat. Stay consistent with your meals and ull eventually put on size. Like the others said, only take creating if ur working out, or I'll be forking out cash without purpose. Tbh, it would seem like a better decision for u to spend that money on a decent weight gainer to help with upping your calorie count when you don't have the time to prepare a meal.

In terms of workout, fuck those guys that say hard gainers shouldn't workout as hard in the gym. I was a hard gainer myself that has gained 25lb in less than a year, I find that when you workout to failure, that means forcing out those extra reps till you're shaking, is the most effective. ( this goes for most upper body workouts) you need to have constant and frequent tension in those areas for them to grow.
i usually only have 3-4 meals per day (source of my problem right there), and i'm not a very picky eater, i try to eat whatever's loaded with calories, proteins, & fats. mostly unhealthy stuff though e.g fast food.. LOL
my daily meals are pretty much like this:
wake up: 6am -> one small breakfast @ 7am (scrambled eggs w/toast, or bowl of cereal)
school: 8am to 11:30am -> big lunch @ 12pm (bowl of pho, mcdonald's meal, etc)
dinner at 4pm (could be mcdonald's again)
work from 5pm to 1am - a meal at 9:30pm (usually an 8oz serving of chicken pasta)
arrive home at 2am - cup of milk then sleep LOL
repeat

the reason i bought creatine was 'cause i usually feel like shit going to the gym, as my mind & body's already exhausted as fuck from work & school and not being able to get my full 8 hours of sleep. decided to turn to creatine for more energy & explosiveness
i already do take protein shakes/weightgainers, but not a lot. i'll start having 2 shakes a day instead of 1, maybe that'll help a bit

thanks for the tips
Old 07-23-2012, 12:11 PM   #19609
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

^
You're not eating enough, for sure. If your job is more labour-intensive, then I'd suggest you start eating more. Creatine won't give you that energy you need. If you're really in need of energy, try some pre-workout supplements. 4 hours of sleep is also not enough
see.lai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:31 PM   #19610
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
Quote:
i usually only have 3-4 meals per day (source of my problem right there), and i'm not a very picky eater, i try to eat whatever's loaded with calories, proteins, & fats. mostly unhealthy stuff though e.g fast food.. LOL
wake up: 6am -> one small breakfast @ 7am (scrambled eggs w/toast, or bowl of cereal)
work from 5pm to 1am - a meal at 9:30pm (usually an 8oz serving of chicken pasta)
repeat

the reason i bought creatine was 'cause i usually feel like shit going to the gym, as my mind & body's already exhausted as fuck from work & school and not being able to get my full 8 hours of sleep. decided to turn to creatine for more energy & explosiveness
i already do take protein shakes/weightgainers, but not a lot. i'll start having 2 shakes a day instead of 1, maybe that'll help a bit

thanks for the tips
Your diet is garbage ya I'm being mean but I'm being real
Start eating heAlthier ( reason why you have no energy ) u living off food that is doing nothing, ya there is protein but not much else
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-23-2012, 12:57 PM   #19611
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

@pinn3r

When do you workout then? That schedule is not bodybuilding friendly but still has room for improvement in the diet department. If you can take a nap in between school and dinner that would help with getting enough rest but then you still don't have a time scheduled to workout.

You shouldn't up the calories if you aren't exercising.

-First thing is learn to cook big amounts on Sunday and portion it out for 5 lunches so you aren't forced to go to McDonald's during the week. If you do end up going stop buying meals. Order the mcdouble or something similar and add patties and lettuce/tomato until its huge. Ask for water. Your body and wallet will thank you.

- Add sausage/avocados/veggies to your scrambled eggs. Easier to cook than bacon and cheaper. Or eat oats instead of the non-filling cereal.

-Trade that milk late at night for a casein protein shake or cottage cheese. Add natural peanut butter to the 2 shakes a day that you will be drinking. No need for the sugar loaded weight gainers.

Again this is all relying on the premise that your workouts are sufficient.
deep87 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-23-2012, 01:00 PM   #19612
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 View Post
Your diet is garbage ya I'm being mean but I'm being real
Start eating heAlthier ( reason why you have no energy ) u living off food that is doing nothing, ya there is protein but not much else
This.
evo08 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-23-2012, 01:16 PM   #19613

Thanked 4,574 Times in 1,718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotong View Post
heading to golds on tommorow anyone work out there?
I do, usually workout Mon-Thurs 11:30 - 1:30, Friday nights @ 4:30, and Saturday afternoons.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:01 PM   #19614

Thanked 1,825 Times in 523 Posts
Quote:
repeat

thanks for the tips

Should of bought a pre workout instead of creatine if you are tired after school and work.
hotong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:09 PM   #19615
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts

Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:16 PM   #19616

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
i can see him saying lichte gewichten baby! at the end
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:49 PM   #19617

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep87 View Post
@pinn3r

When do you workout then? That schedule is not bodybuilding friendly but still has room for improvement in the diet department. If you can take a nap in between school and dinner that would help with getting enough rest but then you still don't have a time scheduled to workout.

You shouldn't up the calories if you aren't exercising.

-First thing is learn to cook big amounts on Sunday and portion it out for 5 lunches so you aren't forced to go to McDonald's during the week. If you do end up going stop buying meals. Order the mcdouble or something similar and add patties and lettuce/tomato until its huge. Ask for water. Your body and wallet will thank you.

- Add sausage/avocados/veggies to your scrambled eggs. Easier to cook than bacon and cheaper. Or eat oats instead of the non-filling cereal.

-Trade that milk late at night for a casein protein shake or cottage cheese. Add natural peanut butter to the 2 shakes a day that you will be drinking. No need for the sugar loaded weight gainers.

Again this is all relying on the premise that your workouts are sufficient.
i normally have too many things to do on weekdays for a workout, but my usual gym days are fridays right after school, sundays, and tues/wed if i don't have work after
i think what i do for my workouts are decent, i just have to get my diet/nutrition in check
thanks for the help everybody! will go far with this
Old 07-23-2012, 03:55 PM   #19618
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
chest and bi day, fuck im so tired , did pretty well considering i didn't take no PWO today

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 04:57 PM   #19619
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
@pinner, arent u 16? It's summer brah. No school
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:10 PM   #19620
J.C
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,790 Times in 592 Posts
^ probably summer school
J.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:17 PM   #19621

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
@pinner, arent u 16? It's summer brah. No school
i'm taking bio completion
i'll have a month break in august
Old 07-23-2012, 05:49 PM   #19622
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
dont worry if you're small as a teen. i was pinner at 16 too. hell i didnt start growing until like 22. dat maturity hits slow for some of us. now im legit as fuark.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:14 PM   #19623
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
dont worry if you're small as a teen. i was pinner at 16 too. hell i didnt start growing until like 22. dat maturity hits slow for some of us. now im legit as fuark.
yeah man i didn't hit puberty till last week
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-23-2012, 06:31 PM   #19624
J.C
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,790 Times in 592 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 View Post
yeah man i didn't hit puberty till last week
J.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:55 PM   #19625