REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:02 AM   #20501
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,808 Times in 8,185 Posts
That's nothing, some people think brown rice and brown bread are any better than white
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:11 AM   #20502
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
That's nothing, some people think brown rice and brown bread are any better than white
A lot of times whole wheat bread will have all kinds of nuts and grains and shit attached the outside of the bread, making it 60-100 calories more than regular plain white bread per slice
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:07 AM   #20503
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
The seeds are usually a good source of fats omega three blah blah

either way just don't eat empty calories, reduce carb load, increase protein lift heavy fuck bitches
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:35 AM   #20504
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
If you are working out regularly 4-5 times a week, and don't indulge in shit foods all the time, you can get away with eating white rice etc. Unless you are cutting, and want your body fat down to 4% for competition or just to look good in a speedo at the beach, you shouldn't have to restrict yourself to a "diet". Your "diet" should be maintainable throughout the year. But I guess it all depends on what you want, and what is realistic to you.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-30-2012, 10:46 AM   #20505
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 3,267 Times in 547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowjin View Post
The seeds are usually a good source of fats omega three blah blah

either way just don't eat empty calories, reduce carb load, increase protein lift heavy fuck bitches
i read the last line as fuck heavy bitches
Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-30-2012, 11:52 AM   #20506
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,825 Times in 523 Posts
need to find a new gym left golds
hotong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:22 PM   #20507
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post
If you are working out regularly 4-5 times a week, and don't indulge in shit foods all the time, you can get away with eating white rice etc. Unless you are cutting, and want your body fat down to 4% for competition or just to look good in a speedo at the beach, you shouldn't have to restrict yourself to a "diet". Your "diet" should be maintainable throughout the year. But I guess it all depends on what you want, and what is realistic to you.
This. I've been pretty much eatting Asian food every day and I've been losing weight slowly just from living heavy and light cardio. I tell myself it isn't a race and I honestly believe doing it this way allows for a more maintainable lifestyle. I mean it felt good when I dropped 80 in 5 months in 07 but in literally starved myself and didn't enjoy life.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-30-2012, 02:44 PM   #20508
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
diet is IMO the most overrated thing about training.

most of the time, people who worry about that shit train like pussies, i.e. a shitload of isolation exercises/machines, no deadlift/squat etc

i eat fast food/junk food literally every day and all the time and have a visible six pack and have pretty heavy lifts. fast food is actually really good when ur training cause it provides alot of calories, protein fast and cheap.

dont micromanage ur diet and lift hard (dont neglect conditioning like running etc) and ull see results.

the only real important thing about diet is to eat your fruits and vegetables
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-30-2012, 02:49 PM   #20509
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
I eat like shit. I look great and have respectable lifts. HOWEVER I'm certain with absolute perfect diet I would look incredible and have amazing lifts. I'm 100% certain my diet or lack thereof is holding me back at this point in my physique.

Berz out.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:50 PM   #20510
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Vicious View Post

most of the time, people who worry about that shit train like pussies, i.e. a shitload of isolation exercises/machines, no deadlift/squat etc

i eat fast food/junk food literally every day and all the time and have a visible six pack and have pretty heavy lifts. fast food is actually really good when ur training cause it provides alot of calories, protein fast and cheap.

dont micromanage ur diet and lift hard (dont neglect conditioning like running etc) and ull see results.

the only real important thing about diet is to eat your fruits and vegetables
I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. The "only" time I make progress is when i'm seriously watching my diet. Whether it's getting lean, or getting stronger. I attribute 50% of it to diet. My training regiment barely changes.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-30-2012, 02:57 PM   #20511
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hud 91gt View Post
I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. The "only" time I make progress is when i'm seriously watching my diet. Whether it's getting lean, or getting stronger. I attribute 50% of it to diet. My training regiment barely changes.
does your regime look like this?

day 1: arms

day 2: back

day 3: legs

and like 4 sets of 10 or something
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:04 PM   #20512
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
Quote:
does your regime look like this?

day 1: arms

day 2: back

day 3: legs

and like 4 sets of 10 or something
hah. My routine is based on full body movement, with little emphasis on isolation exercises(A problem on it's own). The routine changes, but the effort put forth does not. I gain strength when increasing cals/protein and decrease fat with reduced carbs. If you don't think that's attributed to diet, but rather the intensity you train or the type of program you are doing you've got an issue. Just because your eating McD's, does not mean your not watching your diet...

Diet is the hardest part of being in great shape(Personal opinion of course). Working out is fun, feels great to kick your ass for an hour. Dieting is a PIA, as eating/cooking is tiresome.

Last edited by hud 91gt; 08-30-2012 at 03:17 PM.
hud 91gt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:35 PM   #20513
I LOVE SQWAT

When it comes to working out, I apply the 80-20 rule. The rule is 80% of results come from the first 20% effort. This means I spend a little bit of effort on planning everything (training, diet, supplements), but I don't worry about getting anything "perfect". I think a problem with a lot of people is they focus too much on one area while completely neglecting the others. Trying to be perfect in one area (going from 80% -> 100%) takes a lot more work for little reward. Hope that makes sense.
red_sir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:53 PM   #20514
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Stanford Researchers' Cooling Glove Boosts Exercise Recovery - YouTube
time for some buckets of ice next to the bench
deep87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:52 PM   #20515
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
It's common knowledge that in the offseason pro body builders pig out, I remember early 2000's when Ronnie Coleman was dominating, watching videos and reading articles of him just eating the nastiest shit, all types of fast greasy foods...

I understood why, but when I hear guys bragging in the gym about how they eat nasty foods to "bulk" I'm just thinkin like, fck ok there's a lot of other shit than just fat and calories in these types of foods you should worry about, stuff that's a lot worse.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:04 PM   #20516
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
Diet is everything
Screw the gym
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-30-2012, 06:03 PM   #20517
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep87 View Post
Stanford Researchers' Cooling Glove Boosts Exercise Recovery - YouTube
time for some buckets of ice next to the bench
or do contrast showers/baths after workout
L0uie69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:40 PM   #20518
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotong View Post
need to find a new gym left golds
well good luck finding a worthy replacement, cus u won't unless u step outside of the vancouver vicinity

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:55 PM   #20519
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
false. diet is not overrated. how will your muscles grow if you don't feed it with nutrients? Will a plant grow with only sunlight? no, it needs water too.

Quote:
true in a sense, people who focus too much on dieting and think that dieting itself will help shape a body often on the wrong track. and no, just because they do that does not mean they do isolation exercises, that's just being stereotypical...

Quote:
some people can get away with eating junk food/fast food (food with a ton of unhealthy fats and refined sugars) because their body has a high metabolism and shunts nutrients quickly, so they need extra calories. But calorie intake is only one factor of health. I'm sure you could go into the nitpicky details, but eating fast food to bulk up will increase the risk of long term medical conditions in the future.

And no it does not provide alot of protein. When you measure it out, the protein content of most fast foods is actually really low..

And no, it is not good for when you train because all the bad fats and carbs are accelerating fatty tissue formation...

Quote:
dont micromanage ur diet and lift hard (dont neglect conditioning like running etc) and ull see results.the only real important thing about diet is to eat your fruits and vegetables
ur missing out on proteins... fresh lean meat is very healthy as well.

What i like to say is,

"if you can't flex it, its got to go"

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-30-2012, 09:57 PM   #20520
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
It's common knowledge that in the offseason pro body builders pig out, I remember early 2000's when Ronnie Coleman was dominating, watching videos and reading articles of him just eating the nastiest shit, all types of fast greasy foods...

I understood why, but when I hear guys bragging in the gym about how they eat nasty foods to "bulk" I'm just thinkin like, fck ok there's a lot of other shit than just fat and calories in these types of foods you should worry about, stuff that's a lot worse.
yes but Ronnie Coleman is on tons of gear and still looks better then anyone out there in the off season, and the guys at your gym eating fast food look like shit.
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-30-2012, 10:29 PM   #20521
I am Hook'd on RS

did a month of interval training, aiming for under 9min on 4lap run for upcoming school year! Never was a cardio guy
akanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:06 AM   #20522
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,808 Times in 8,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
fck ok there's a lot of other shit than just fat and calories in these types of foods you should worry about, stuff that's a lot worse.
Such as?
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:38 AM   #20523
J.C
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,790 Times in 592 Posts
Where did alpha go
J.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:52 AM   #20524
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,825 Times in 523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by instantneedles View Post
well good luck finding a worthy replacement, cus u won't unless u step outside of the vancouver vicinity
gym was legit as fuck but the price too fucking high
hotong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:52 AM   #20525
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

dat pump feeling and swole look.....dat der awesome.
"Just because any car nut can tell you every possible performance specification of a Ferrari doesn't mean he can drive. Most of these people live in places where they've never even seen a Ferrari, much less ever owned one themselves."
Supafly is offline   Reply With Quote