REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 10-29-2012, 10:15 PM   #21926
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
you've got to block out all distractions when you train. Your focus has to be in 100% into the rep. You've got to get in the zone. You know your in the zone when guys in the gym look you in the eye and then quickly turn away because they see the fire. You've got to be all business
Advertisement
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-29-2012, 10:16 PM   #21927
I LOVE SQWAT

Listen to halo!

Last edited by red_sir; 10-29-2012 at 10:30 PM.
red_sir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:22 PM   #21928
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
Hey guys,

what the fuck is up with this thread. This thread is about dedication and helping each other out. I am not calling anyone out or anything but the amount of my shit don't stink and your lifts suck is just stupid and poor taste. We all come on here and look forward to seeing what everyone is doing in the gym and who is killing it. The past couple weeks have been about how people are not strong and calling everyone out on lifts and shit. Lets try and get this thread ( the best thread on RS ) back to what it should be. Yes this is public forum but this is not body building .com. Everyone is at different lvl and we must respect that cause we all start in the same boat. People that are beginners look up allot to people that can lift a ton and have a the vast knowledge
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:25 PM   #21929
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
halo has spoken
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-29-2012, 10:28 PM   #21930
J.C
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,790 Times in 592 Posts
J.C is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-29-2012, 10:31 PM   #21931
kwy

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 View Post
you've got to block out all distractions when you train. Your focus has to be in 100% into the rep. You've got to get in the zone. You know your in the zone when guys in the gym look you in the eye and then quickly turn away because they see the fire. You've got to be all business
All business once the headphones are in.
kwy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-29-2012, 10:36 PM   #21932

Thanks for saying it Halo, I was going to type something similar.
If you want that stupid attitude, go to the misc forum. Don't bring that garbage here.

And went to the gym today, just for rows + kroc rows. I regret slacking off the back in the beginning, because realizing how much power is from the back is sort of surreal. As they say " built from the back "
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-29-2012, 10:39 PM   #21933
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Putting this in my sig!
If I can figure out how to zzzz
BinsentoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:41 PM   #21934
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinsentoW View Post
Instantneedles has inspired me to do some serratus exercises today. Always thought that was just part of the lats
can someone suggest some good serratus exercises? instant, i'm totally mirin your build, esp the bruce lee lat spread. (no homo)
truth is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-29-2012, 10:53 PM   #21935
kwy

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
x2 on that
kwy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-29-2012, 10:58 PM   #21936
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC21 View Post
So the smolov program only consist of squats during the first few weeks?
well from what I know to be true, the smolov program is designed to help you up your weights for one particular lift, so if you choose squats, you would be focussing on squats throughout the program

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:09 PM   #21937
J.C

Thanked 2,790 Times in 592 Posts
yea ^

day 5 on smolov bench and im feeling the burn
J.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:15 PM   #21938
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth View Post
can someone suggest some good serratus exercises? instant, i'm totally mirin your build, esp the bruce lee lat spread. (no homo)
more recently, when I actually find the time to workout, I've started adding some pullovers into my routines. Despite the weights you usually see people work with, I really think that this exercise should be done with much lighter weights cus especially if ur new to it, it will take some balance and coordination. once you get the hang of it tho, its like a two in one exercise. Targets the lats/serratus and then the pecs. I love that feel when you can stretch it out at the peak, and then contract fully at the bottom

Flat Dumbbell fly's are great too, focussing on that squeeze at the top, really helps with it

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-29-2012, 11:27 PM   #21939
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Situation View Post
What does that have to do with anything?
Was just curious, was gonna ask him what his goals are?

Ok read the rest of the thread.

I was inferring that if he was trying to lose fat, I have some advice I could give him since it's working out great for me.

And I don't think Jayere604 knows who I am, because I am doing near 2 plate squats now with full range of motion.

So keep attacking me dickface.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-29-2012, 11:30 PM   #21940
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
^obese generally isn't usually a positive term .. most people considerate it to be derogatory

I can finally post in this thread again. Had my first workout since the beginning of september. Shoulder is still completely fucked though, but I can still squat and deadlift I need to go on a cut now, sisters wedding is coming up next year. Gotta be sikk kunt status to fit into my old suits again.

FUuaaaaaar. Gained so much weight feels like its gonna take me forever to get out of this hole Look nasty as hell and half my clothes no longer fit but I refuse to buy new ones 'cause if I do I got no incentive to lose weight lol.

Brb wearing sweats everyday to school.
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:02 AM   #21941
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

First time a random guy came up to me while working out and complimented my lifts today.
It was my first time working out with 2 friends too.

Feels good man
BinsentoW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-30-2012, 12:08 AM   #21942
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

I'm having troubles making gains lately. Been eating the same as before, but I guess it might be because hockey season started last month and I've been playing quite often, I haven't been able to see the gains that I would've liked to see. I am not very strong compared to what I could be at my weight though I've only been lifting for 7 months, but nevertheless it is frustrating when I continue to squat/OHP the same weight for 2-3 weeks and not really feel an improvement.
Neomop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:04 AM   #21943

Thanked 1,605 Times in 536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neomop View Post
I'm having troubles making gains lately. Been eating the same as before, but I guess it might be because hockey season started last month and I've been playing quite often, I haven't been able to see the gains that I would've liked to see. I am not very strong compared to what I could be at my weight though I've only been lifting for 7 months, but nevertheless it is frustrating when I continue to squat/OHP the same weight for 2-3 weeks and not really feel an improvement.
Hockey is a tough sport and I can see why it would cause a problem with making gains. I would say just eat more and adjust your routine to fit with the days that you play hockey.

We should have a big rs gym session. There's more likely to be animosity between people who have never met before, but if we all workout together there will be no more questioning of peoples stats and etc. I agree with halo about all the meaningless disputes that has been going on here. Also this is not the misc so not every response should be "I will rape you if I get the chance". I remember earlier this year this thread was flourishing. Everyone was posting their pics and vids and it was just very positive. Let's get back to that.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:33 AM   #21944
I LOVE SQWAT

I second rs gym meet and more pics/vids.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-30-2012, 01:53 AM   #21945
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
chest day tomorrow. 11:30pm.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:30 AM   #21946
I LOVE SQWAT

Squats for me, can't wait.

Probably won't see you though, gonna be going a bit later. Have a good workout!
This post thanked by:
Old 10-30-2012, 09:35 AM   #21947
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

We should have a RS gym session followed by a party session.

BlAh~
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:38 AM   #21948
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,813 Times in 8,188 Posts
Quote:
Hey guys,

what the fuck is up with this thread. This thread is about dedication and helping each other out. I am not calling anyone out or anything but the amount of my shit don't stink and your lifts suck is just stupid and poor taste. We all come on here and look forward to seeing what everyone is doing in the gym and who is killing it. The past couple weeks have been about how people are not strong and calling everyone out on lifts and shit. Lets try and get this thread ( the best thread on RS ) back to what it should be. Yes this is public forum but this is not body building .com. Everyone is at different lvl and we must respect that cause we all start in the same boat. People that are beginners look up allot to people that can lift a ton and have a the vast knowledge
I'm glad you posted, because I was going to say something and it wouldn't have been as nice Probably would have turned the thread into an even bigger shit fest
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:44 AM   #21949
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC21 View Post
We should have a RS gym session followed by a party session.
I'll bring the creatine
Posted via RS Mobile
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-30-2012, 12:47 PM   #21950
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
^ I'll bring capped bottles like 5hr energy with concentrated Craze
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: