REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:45 PM   #22976
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
inb4 skinnypupp fails you for making complete sense

anything in moderation is fine, but if mcdonalds is your only source of calories, then I feel bad for your heart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowside67 View Post
Lololol, didn't take long for skinny to fail you.
Not everything at McDonalds is the same shitty food.
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:58 PM   #22977
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,605 Times in 536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bvu View Post
whenever i eat mcdicks its just a few grilled snack wrap withs no sauce thats basiclly a half breast for almost $2 each
edit wow my gym was shut down because someone sent in an email threat to the elementary school next to it
wtf after what just happened in Connecticut, thats fucking awful. I hope they track down the email
Old 12-17-2012, 09:10 PM   #22978
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Not everything at McDonalds is the same shitty food.
I'm aware of that. But if I had the choice between McDonalds and a home cooked meal, I'd pick the home cooked meal. Like I said, everything in moderation is fine.

Spoiler!
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:12 PM   #22979
McFogg The Dawg is my homeboy

Thanked 1,130 Times in 286 Posts
I'm getting all 4 of my wisdom teeth taken out tomorrow. To be safe, let's just say I won't be able to eat solid food or lift for the next 7 days. What do you guys recommend me do?
Posted via RS Mobile
kevin7352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:19 PM   #22980

Quote:
I'm aware of that. But if I had the choice between McDonalds and a home cooked meal, I'd pick the home cooked meal. Like I said, everything in moderation is fine.

Spoiler!
Yes and home cooked meals aren't automatically healthy either.

I'd feel "sorry for your heart" if you ate nothing but fries and milkshakes at home too, while I wouldn't be so worried about someone who ate a lot of bunless burgers at macdonalds
Old 12-17-2012, 09:24 PM   #22981
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Lololol, didn't take long for skinny to fail you.

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:26 PM   #22982

Quote:
Originally Posted by instantneedles View Post
the fail's there, but where's the commentary to go with it?
Everyone already knows where I stand on the broscience of

eating meat gives you high cholesterol

and

salt gives you high blood pressure

and

everything at macdonalds is bad for you lets eat at subway

Failing people who spout that shit shouldn't need more commentary, but there you go
This post thanked by:
Old 12-17-2012, 09:31 PM   #22983
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Situation View Post
wtf after what just happened in Connecticut, thats fucking awful. I hope they track down the email
yeah apparently someone involved in the email was caught

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin7352 View Post
I'm getting all 4 of my wisdom teeth taken out tomorrow. To be safe, let's just say I won't be able to eat solid food or lift for the next 7 days. What do you guys recommend me do?
Posted via RS Mobile
eat greek yogurt and soft potatoes with soup
exdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:32 PM   #22984
Old School RS

Thanked 3,946 Times in 1,202 Posts
One area I will agree with you is that it is hilarious to watch people beak off about McDonalds and then eat a footlong sub with a million dressings and sauces on it! Seriously... beef is not the enemy... sauces with a million preservatives and chemicals are the enemy.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:32 PM   #22985
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Situation View Post
X2
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:36 PM   #22986
Treasure Chest MOD

Quote:
Posted via RS Mobile
take advantage of this and carb up.. oats, yogurt, soft fruits, and this is the one occasion where weight gainer could be of some use.

for protein, try some thin ham slices, or maybe some steamed fillet as they are really soft and relatively easier to digest.

The eating part I get, but is it serious enough for you to have to stop lifting for a week? or just to prevent yourself from breaking down muscle?

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:49 PM   #22987

Quote:
One area I will agree with you is that it is hilarious to watch people beak off about McDonalds and then eat a footlong sub with a million dressings and sauces on it! Seriously... beef is not the enemy... sauces with a million preservatives and chemicals are the enemy.
Moreso the disgusting oils that are used in them, but yeah
Old 12-17-2012, 09:55 PM   #22988

Quote:
Originally Posted by instantneedles View Post
take advantage of this and carb up.. oats, yogurt, soft fruits, and this is the one occasion where weight gainer could be of some use.

for protein, try some thin ham slices, or maybe some steamed fillet as they are really soft and relatively easier to digest.

The eating part I get, but is it serious enough for you to have to stop lifting for a week? or just to prevent yourself from breaking down muscle?
i'm not sure i've never done this before but i've just heard that it's miserable and like i said, it was just the worst case senario. i'm still gonna try to go as much as i can though.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:02 PM   #22989
Big Drama Show

Quote:
Yes and home cooked meals aren't automatically healthy either.

I'd feel "sorry for your heart" if you ate nothing but fries and milkshakes at home too, while I wouldn't be so worried about someone who ate a lot of bunless burgers at macdonalds
Yes, but chances are, my home cooked meals are healthier than processed meat cooked in grease.

Also, I said nothing about "fries and milkshakes"

have you ever had your blood pressure calculated? and why do you have such a hard on for McDonalds, are they a sponsor?
Old 12-17-2012, 10:07 PM   #22990

Quote:
Yes, but chances are, my home cooked meals are healthier than processed meat cooked in grease.

Also, I said nothing about "fries and milkshakes"

have you ever had your blood pressure calculated? and why do you have such a hard on for McDonalds, are they a sponsor?
No the "chances are" not always that your home cooked meals are "healthier" than "processed" meat cooked in "grease". Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. But nobody said what they are eating at mcdonalds, or at home. So the comparison is bullshit, which is why I pointed it out.

You didn't say anything about "fries and milkshakes" nor did the people who said they ate at mcdonalds. Yet you immediately jumped on them, "feeling sorry for their heart". So you made the assumption that they are eating junk at mcdonalds.

And I don't have a "hard on for mcdonalds". I do get annoyed when people spout off the same ignorant bullshit over and over, repeating the same incorrect broscience, which is why I clicked fail on your post.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:10 PM   #22991
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
ill take a bbqed steak and veggies every day of the week over mcdonalds and it would cost me less too.

i agree that depending on your choices at mcdonalds it isn't a death warrant, BUT YOU HAVE TO PUT IN THE CAVEAT THAT IT DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU ORDER.

skinny will now say that mcdonalds is the same food as my bbqed steak. mcdonalds claims their burgers are pure meat blah blah blah. skinny says the meat is no different than my steak. no one goes to mcdonalds and only orders patties.

he gets mad when people put down mcdonalds and i think goes too far the other way defending it. it makes it sound like eating mcdonalds 7 days a week is actually a healthy lifestyle choice.

imo, there is more to nutrition than calories, proteins, fats, and carbs.

inb4 eat mcdonalds and take a multi

now he will fail me.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:27 PM   #22992

Quote:
ill take a bbqed steak and veggies every day of the week over mcdonalds and it would cost me less too.
Me too

Quote:
i agree that depending on your choices at mcdonalds it isn't a death warrant, BUT YOU HAVE TO PUT IN THE CAVEAT THAT IT DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU ORDER.
EXACTLY. You can eat absolute shit at mcdonalds, you you can eat just fine. THAT IS MY WHOLE POINT.

Quote:
he gets mad when people put down mcdonalds
No I don't. I get mad when people spout the same misinformation over and over. I don't care if it's mcdonalds or "home cooking". If you say something stupid, I will point it out.

Quote:
goes too far the other way defending it
I don't "defend" mcdonalds, I defend correct information.

Quote:
it makes it sound like eating mcdonalds 7 days a week is actually a healthy lifestyle choice.
I would never say that, but you already know that

Quote:
EXACTLY. That's the whole point I keep trying to make. Yet people ignore that side of it and go "Ooh he's defending macdonalds! he has such a "hard on" for macdonalds! LOLOLOL"

In the end, I think the smart people know what I am getting at. The dumb ones will ignore the facts and continue to post dumb shit anyway, and there's nothing I can do about that.

Quote:
now he will fail me.
Why would I do that? You're pretty much the first one to post a level headed response to what I have been saying? If I was to ever fail your post, it would be for that comment
Old 12-17-2012, 10:41 PM   #22993
Treasure Chest MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post

skinny will now say that mcdonalds is the same food as my bbqed steak. mcdonalds claims their burgers are pure meat blah blah blah. skinny says the meat is no different than my steak. no one goes to mcdonalds and only orders patties.

he gets mad when people put down mcdonalds and i think goes too far the other way defending it. it makes it sound like eating mcdonalds 7 days a week is actually a healthy lifestyle choice.

inb4 eat mcdonalds and take a multi

now he will fail me.
Yeah definetly, food content might be similar to begin with, but sometimes the way the food is prepared can be a pretty important factor too. Who knows what goes on in that 5x5 kitchen handled by a team of teenagers, with health inspectors all up their asses? Excessive microwaving, poor hygiene (ie, not washing hands after taking a shit), hair falling in food, uncooked food, unchanged oil, the list goes on. when peak hour comes and the customers come in hoards, the kitchen literally becomes a warzone.

At least when im cooking my own foods ill know its in safe hands..
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-17-2012, 10:43 PM   #22994
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Sup brahs, nutrition major here. Thought I'd weigh in.

Actually I don't know, I'm only 2nd year. But Skinny raises very valid points about moderation.
kcl38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:04 PM   #22995
Treasure Chest MOD

Quote:
i'm not sure i've never done this before but i've just heard that it's miserable and like i said, it was just the worst case senario. i'm still gonna try to go as much as i can though.
best of luck man. i've never had to take out my wisdom teeth before much less 4 at once.. But I feel ya, I'm currently wearing invisalign, and for those that don't know what it is, they are removable braces that I have to remove every single meal, and it can be pretty discouraging/unmotivating for me to eat my meals sometimes

perhaps you could release the pain/stress on bench and set a new PR

Old 12-17-2012, 11:40 PM   #22996
Big Drama Show

Quote:
Me too

EXACTLY. You can eat absolute shit at mcdonalds, you you can eat just fine. THAT IS MY WHOLE POINT.

No I don't. I get mad when people spout the same misinformation over and over. I don't care if it's mcdonalds or "home cooking". If you say something stupid, I will point it out.

I don't "defend" mcdonalds, I defend correct information.

I would never say that, but you already know that

EXACTLY. That's the whole point I keep trying to make. Yet people ignore that side of it and go "Ooh he's defending macdonalds! he has such a "hard on" for macdonalds! LOLOLOL"

In the end, I think the smart people know what I am getting at. The dumb ones will ignore the facts and continue to post dumb shit anyway, and there's nothing I can do about that.

Why would I do that? You're pretty much the first one to post a level headed response to what I have been saying? If I was to ever fail your post, it would be for that comment
Skinny, can you please name some things on the McDonalds menu that would be considered "healthy." I'm saying McDonalds in moderation is fine, yet you still fail me? My point is, I'd rather have my diet consist of home cooked meals rather than anything on the McDonalds menu. My body does not react well to McDonalds (explosive shits, acne, gas, etc), and I know other people who have the same issue. Of course, when I have McDonalds every now and then, these side effects are not as severe.

If McDonalds was as healthy as you're depicting it to be, why don't professional/junior athletes just make their diet consist around those kinds of foods?

I stand by the gist of my original statement. If McDonalds/other fast foods is your only source of calories, your conditioning is probably going to be shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcl38 View Post
Sup brahs, nutrition major here. Thought I'd weigh in.

Actually I don't know, I'm only 2nd year. But Skinny raises very valid points about moderation.
Pretty sure Skinny's not the one preaching "moderation."
Old 12-18-2012, 12:18 AM   #22997
iceboy & saucywoman are my parents!

Thanked 1,770 Times in 445 Posts
Is it just me or has this thread gone from "lifting" to "McDonalds debate"..
Posted via RS Mobile
ts14 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-18-2012, 12:21 AM   #22998
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Skinny, when'd you come back?

BlAh~
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:40 AM   #22999

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts14 View Post
Is it just me or has this thread gone from "lifting" to "McDonalds debate"..
Posted via RS Mobile
happens every so often
Old 12-18-2012, 12:46 AM   #23000
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
^i think the mcdonalds debate has always been an underlying theme in this thread lol.

First proper leg day in awhile.
Pyramid-ed squats. Fuck.. legs feel so tight its ridiculous

135x12 || 185 x 8 || 225 x 6 || 245 x 4 || 255 x 3 || 275 x 1 || 185 x 8 || 135 x 12

Followed up w/ straight leg deadlift/quad extensions/hack squat/leg press
I'm not going to be able to walk tomorrow.
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote