REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 03-07-2010, 05:37 PM   #601
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hud 91gt View Post
^ From what I can see is basically their "Perfect Rep" procedure with a little more direction as to which exercises to do?
yeah
i am almost done week one of phase one
and it is pretty dam good
Advertisement
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:08 PM   #602
My homepage has been set to RS

Hmmm, so you recommend this program? I might try this in a few weeks. Is it like "Phase 1 is one week", then "phase 2 is another week" etc, so a total of 5 weeks?

Also, one more question re: creatine mono: If you are supposed to take it in the morning or night, how does it help you push more when you are at the gym, say in the afternoon? I know the predrink creatine kicks in almost right away to give you a boost.
mc25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:15 PM   #603
RS Operative (G)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc25 View Post
Hmmm, so you recommend this program? I might try this in a few weeks. Is it like "Phase 1 is one week", then "phase 2 is another week" etc, so a total of 5 weeks?

Also, one more question re: creatine mono: If you are supposed to take it in the morning or night, how does it help you push more when you are at the gym, say in the afternoon? I know the predrink creatine kicks in almost right away to give you a boost.
back in the day when i use to take creatine i think i took it in my shake after the gym, strength did go up but then again your strength should go up when u work out 5x a week
Old 03-07-2010, 09:16 PM   #604
RS Operative (G)

Quote:

yeah,
it is the best program i have ever done
hands down
yeah it is 5 week program
the last phase is coming out this Friday i think
Old 03-07-2010, 09:24 PM   #605

Just out of curiosity, say for biceps, or chest, how much gain did you see? Not size, but lifting weight
Old 03-07-2010, 09:34 PM   #606
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
creatine isnt a RIGHT NOW thing like a pre-workout drink. it doesnt give you an overly noticable extra boost of focus or energy or strength right after you take it. hell, it doesnt even really provide that at all. basically, to put it simply, its something that soaks into your muscle cells over a period of time and for lack of a better explaination, allows them to do a little bit more work and maybe get a little bigger from doing more work.

its not a quick fix and its not a magic powder. its just an additional suppliment for people who know what they are putting into their bodies.

it also makes you retain water. i put on 5lbs of weight almost overnight when i first started taking it. after i stopped my first 'cycle' i quickly lost a few pounds.

Im able to reasonably steadily gain strength, but my weight stays very constant. I was 174lbs nearly every single day thru much of 2009. Its very hard for me to put clean weight on, even with a pretty good diet. In about 2 months, I was able to put on almost 10 lbs and then lost a few when I stopped taking it and Im now sitting at a steady 180lbs.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:39 PM   #607
RS Operative (G)

^^ what he said about the creatine part
Old 03-07-2010, 09:41 PM   #608
RS Operative (G)

r u looking for size mc25 ?
Old 03-08-2010, 07:09 AM   #609

Quote:
Originally Posted by halogodv2 View Post
r u looking for size mc25 ?
Ya, I am trying to gain 5-10 lbs in the next couple months. I too have trouble gaining weight, Ive been hovering around 180 for a while now. I am trying to bulk up a bit, then plan on cutting the bf% before summer comes. Currently I am taking 2 scoops of SP250 pre workout, and 1 scoop of protein afterwards.
I am thinking of picking up some creatine monohydrate now if itll help.

For the past 2 months or so, Ive only seen about a 10% increase in lifting weight, how much gain did you see out of that 5 week program halogod?
Old 03-08-2010, 07:52 AM   #610
RS Operative (G)

Well I just finished week one "shoulders" but like they incorperate every musscle group in it but like for shoulders, I gained 30 pounds on dunbells shoulder press , pin press like 50 pounds, the thing is you gotta make sure u know what u r doing. Find out all your maxes and all your % . If u take the time to do it your will see great results on top of physical results 2, there is 5 vidoes for each phase not just 1
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-08-2010, 05:48 PM   #611
RS Operative (G)

also the other thing is

every rep you do during I body builder is a perfect rep, so it is easy to move up in weight, unlike normally when you do bench u go for your 8-12 rep zone and 4 are shitty reps right.
i did chest work out tonight for I body builder. cant wait to start the next phases soon OMG
Old 03-08-2010, 06:00 PM   #612

Does this I body builder keep track of stuff for you, or do you print it off or…?
So a "perfect rep" is this program, where you do like 3 or 4 reps, but you are givin it 100% and in better form? Is this right?
Old 03-08-2010, 06:06 PM   #613
RS Operative (G)

Quote:
Does this I body builder keep track of stuff for you, or do you print it off or…?
So a "perfect rep" is this program, where you do like 3 or 4 reps, but you are givin it 100% and in better form? Is this right?
yeah
some stuff is 85% of your max and also only 50% of your max but u go up to 80-85&

yeah u can print it off since it is really hard to remember, i just watched all the videos since there is like 25 it helps alot with like the movements since they do some crazy exercises
Old 03-08-2010, 08:59 PM   #614
Banned (ABWS)

Do any of you people who work out regular notice you get sick easier? I been working out 4-5 times per week since November 09 and I notice I'm feeling under the weather like once a month atleast (sore throat, droopy feeling eyes, body aches, get the chills..). Before working out I would get super sick maybe 2 times per year and that's it. Now it's like I've gotten some sort of flu sympto monthly.

Does working out lower your immune system ?
Posted via RS Mobile
azzurro32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:13 PM   #615

Quote:
Originally Posted by azzurro32 View Post
Do any of you people who work out regular notice you get sick easier? I been working out 4-5 times per week since November 09 and I notice I'm feeling under the weather like once a month atleast (sore throat, droopy feeling eyes, body aches, get the chills..). Before working out I would get super sick maybe 2 times per year and that's it. Now it's like I've gotten some sort of flu sympto monthly.

Does working out lower your immune system ?
Posted via RS Mobile
What do you mean, "you people"….racist

No, working out and exercising increases your immunity. If, however, I do not wash my hands and do something stupid like eat or chew a loose nail (ya, gross, i know) then I might experience a sore throat…so wash your hands and keep your hands out of your mouth!

@halogod…thanks, registered, Im going to give it a read through and give it a try. Im also going to pick up some monohydrate creatine tomorrow. Gotta get my size up.

Did chest and a little legs today, only 125 lbs squats (x8) and up to 165 lbs bench (x4)
Old 03-08-2010, 09:18 PM   #616
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

my immunity is way up since i been gyming, but like mc25 says, the gyms a dirty place, use the supplied wipes and keep your hands away from your face until you wash with soap. keep an eye on how you handle your water bottle as well

did DL's tonight, i always feel great after them

also London Drugs has rad Blender Bottles in stores right meow, its got a little wisk ball inside so it mixs shit real well, i picked one up today for 8 bucks
jeffh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:25 PM   #617
RS Operative (G)

My imune system has never been better since working out
t-nation order comes tomorrow whoooooo
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-08-2010, 09:55 PM   #618

Quote:
Originally Posted by halogodv2 View Post
My imune system has never been better since working out
t-nation order comes tomorrow whoooooo
Posted via RS Mobile
What did you order????

Hey, when you do your reps, do you do that switch turn around thing? Even in the vids I dont really see them doing it, although I do see them do the accelerating and maximum force.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:02 PM   #619
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
What do you mean, "you people"….racist

No, working out and exercising increases your immunity. If, however, I do not wash my hands and do something stupid like eat or chew a loose nail (ya, gross, i know) then I might experience a sore throat…so wash your hands and keep your hands out of your mouth!

@halogod…thanks, registered, Im going to give it a read through and give it a try. Im also going to pick up some monohydrate creatine tomorrow. Gotta get my size up.

Did chest and a little legs today, only 125 lbs squats (x8) and up to 165 lbs bench (x4)
Lol, that's not racist. That's a way of life-ist. You prob gotta dig deep in my posts to see my racist side!

But ya, I'm guilty of not washing my hands all the time after gym. Gonna carry some purall with me now
Posted via RS Mobile
azzurro32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:15 PM   #620
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

if you are constantly exerting yourself, lifting heavy without proper tapering or simply put it overtraining then yes your immune system will be hinder.
L0uie69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:19 PM   #621

A SURVEY FOR ALL YOU BENCH PRESSERS

Are you guys maintaining 2 points of contact when you bench? ie your shoulders/upper back + your feet on the ground.

Or 3? ie shoulders/upper back + ass on bench + feet on ground.

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:47 PM   #622

You have to maintain at least 3, or its no longer an effective bench press… but Im not saying you should be putting a lot of force on your butt, but its still contacting hte bench…but you cant just stick it up in the air. and obviously your shoulders have to be touching. Feet, well Ive seen some people having them in the air, which would be 2 points of contact, but that is a different method Id say
Old 03-09-2010, 12:39 AM   #623

Quote:
You have to maintain at least 3, or its no longer an effective bench press… but Im not saying you should be putting a lot of force on your butt, but its still contacting hte bench…but you cant just stick it up in the air. and obviously your shoulders have to be touching. Feet, well Ive seen some people having them in the air, which would be 2 points of contact, but that is a different method Id say
Im finding its hard to use my legs to drive without basically arching my body lol...so that im down to 2 points of contact. Like during the lowering phase of the bench press, i may have 3 pts. But once i begin the pushing phase, my ass would lift itself off in one motion with the legs driving

Feet in the air i find to be redundant. There is nothing to gain there. The bencher is forced to use a relatively tiny amt of surface area (the back + shoulder blades) where force cannot be applied downwards such as the legs would to maintain stability.

Some people push the notion that it requires core strength to bench with the feet up in the air--> save it for bosu balls guys!

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 05:28 AM   #624
RS Operative (G)

Feet it in the air is doing nothing for u and most ppl will argue u that. I tuck my legs underneath the bench and. Yeah my back is arched aittle but in a good way . I'm not arching my chest up so I am only bring it down 1 inch like I see some ppl do it I touch the nipple part of my chest but I do not bounce it, your gona crack your chest if u do it repditive. Sorry about spelling on I phone
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-09-2010, 06:33 AM   #625
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
not everyone has to lift like a powerlifter