REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 08-28-2010, 11:12 AM   #1976
My homepage has been set to RS

Its been a slow month for me…just been trying to maintain more than anything.
Next month when school starts and work finishes, I will be training a lot harder..eating more, lifting more, and back on the routine, with supplements and change in diet. Im looking forward to it!!!!!
Advertisement
mc25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 11:13 AM   #1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
I think a social group would be the best way to do that, we have way too many forums as it is

I'll set it up tomorrow morning. I think myself, RRxtar, and Halo could be the group admins. I'll PM you guys about it later
Social group…good idea
Old 08-28-2010, 12:22 PM   #1978
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

In.

havent been to the gym since monday, feel like a soft sack of crap haha
getting ready for a big trip to Utah and ive been working on my jeep or doing work related shit all week
hopefully next week ill be able to get in amd abuse myself before im gone for another 2 weeks on vacation >_<

Last edited by jeffh; 08-28-2010 at 12:28 PM.
jeffh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 02:11 PM   #1979
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
Wow... I don't know what to think about that Whiteflood stuff.

After 2 weeks at work, with only 2 workouts during that time, a huge lack of sleep and an ok diet I was expecting less then stellar results. I headed out this morning and took one serving of Whiteflood.

Started off with some deadlifts and just destroyed my prior records.
295 x 8 followed by 295 x8 and then a 315 x 7. I was focused and felt great. Next was the lat pulldowns where I broke my PR by a bit and after that I felt a huge loss in strength. I was exhausted. Finished off with an attempt to use the fat gripz with some preacher curls and I could just barely lift the bar. I gave up and went home. I think i'll save the pre workout supplements when I hit a plateau, it seems I just drain myself on the first couple of exercises.
Old 08-28-2010, 03:48 PM   #1980
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
superdump lets me power right thru my workout. i could probably do 2.5 hours in the gym if i wanted.

also something ive wanted to mention. theres ALOT of new pre-drinks hitting the market it seems but does anyone actually know whats in them? supplements dont have to be FDA tested, and the nutritional and ingredient information is less than informative. most simply label "proprietary blends" which could be made up with the same shit as crystal meth for all anyone knows.

it might just be a paranoid voice in the back of my head, but Im going to avoid some of these new magic drinks. i actually think alot of them are made in some guys chemical lab basement.

I realize products like SuperPump250 and NOxplode for example probably arent all that much better for you, but I feel a multi-million dollar company like Gaspari or BSN has alot more to lose by putting out a harmful product than some two bit company trying to make a buck.

Perhaps abit of reseach before buying a supplement from a lesser known company might be a good start. There might not be any good info there but its worth a look. I mean we all spend countless hours reading food labels, eating properly, avoiding packaged foods with chemicals with names you cant pronounce, and you wouldn't buy Calgate or Crust toothpaste, why would you buy a drink that might contain even more harmful ingredients?

Last edited by RRxtar; 08-28-2010 at 03:58 PM.
RRxtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 04:01 PM   #1981
I subscribe to Revscene

Heres a small progress report on my weight loss.

June 28th
161lbs
waist 32 1/2

Aug 28th
143lbs
waist 31

seems like after loosing 17lbs i lost an inch and half on waist size.. im lean but not ripped yet, can see abs tiny tiny bit.. im not liking the major weight loss tho.. ive never been this light before.. but my strength is still there sorta.. i have lost some strength cant do 90db's on bench anymore.. only 80's now. cant wait till this stupid long ass cut is over.. i started in march!
DC5-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 04:07 PM   #1982
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
how tall are you? i dont know what your goals are, but i really dont understand why youd spend 2 months cutting 17 lbs to barely weigh 140lbs. unless you're like 4'8" tall. and if you're 143lbs and a normal height but not showing any definition, maybe you dont actually have any muscles and you should be lifting weights, not cutting?

this combined with your advice for someone to lower calorie intake to 1400 because its the calorie amount, not its breakdown that matters, leads me to believe you dont have any idea what you're talking about.

but like i said, i dont know what youre trying to do.
Old 08-28-2010, 04:14 PM   #1983
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
starting to cut on monday... first week is gonna be hell with 100g carbs per day ):
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 04:19 PM   #1984
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
how tall are you? i dont know what your goals are, but i really dont understand why youd spend 2 months cutting 17 lbs to barely weigh 140lbs. unless you're like 4'8" tall. and if you're 143lbs and a normal height but not showing any definition, maybe you dont actually have any muscles and you should be lifting weights, not cutting?

this combined with your advice for someone to lower calorie intake to 1400 because its the calorie amount, not its breakdown that matters, leads me to believe you dont have any idea what you're talking about.

hold on there, i do have definition, my goal is to get ripped. im 5'10 and in march I was 178lbs with about 20+% bodyfat. Ive done my research on cutting on many forums. I didnt jump in without a clue on what im doing. I am a lot leaner then I was before, much leaner. The definition in my abs area just starting to come out, I have lost some size which im not liking.. but im working out 4x a week now instead of 3x to keep whatever muscle I have.. and I did not say that breakdown doesnt matter. If I did then point me to my post in which I did.

Last edited by DC5-S; 08-28-2010 at 04:26 PM.
Old 08-28-2010, 04:19 PM   #1985
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,174 Times in 2,407 Posts
Quote:

+1, perhaps there's not enough muscle to show to begin with?
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 04:34 PM   #1986
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
Quote:
superdump lets me power right thru my workout. i could probably do 2.5 hours in the gym if i wanted.

also something ive wanted to mention. theres ALOT of new pre-drinks hitting the market it seems but does anyone actually know whats in them? supplements dont have to be FDA tested, and the nutritional and ingredient information is less than informative. most simply label "proprietary blends" which could be made up with the same shit as crystal meth for all anyone knows.

it might just be a paranoid voice in the back of my head, but Im going to avoid some of these new magic drinks. i actually think alot of them are made in some guys chemical lab basement.

I realize products like SuperPump250 and NOxplode for example probably arent all that much better for you, but I feel a multi-million dollar company like Gaspari or BSN has alot more to lose by putting out a harmful product than some two bit company trying to make a buck.

Perhaps abit of reseach before buying a supplement from a lesser known company might be a good start. There might not be any good info there but its worth a look. I mean we all spend countless hours reading food labels, eating properly, avoiding packaged foods with chemicals with names you cant pronounce, and you wouldn't buy Calgate or Crust toothpaste, why would you buy a drink that might contain even more harmful ingredients?
yeah that is true

i am taking no shot gun and no synthesize, i use to take that anaconda stuff and had amazing resuls from that and i know everyone shits there pants about biotest but i dont think anyone elss has tried it, but reason why i go with no syn and shit is cause most of the ingredients are matched from anaconda and mag 10, my work outs are amazing

as im sure most of your would know my looking at me no homo
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 04:34 PM   #1987
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
+1, perhaps there's not enough muscle to show to begin with?
i think thats the case, im gonna take pics tomo
Old 08-28-2010, 05:04 PM   #1988

DC5, I thought the same thing…that weight seems unhealthy. Im 5'10" and am 185lbs, with an average build id say. You shouldnt be loosing more weight to show definition, you should be gaining muscle. And in order to gain muscle you'll need to eat and put on weight. but thats just my $.02, before ive seen pics
Old 08-28-2010, 05:52 PM   #1989
RS Operative (G)

my weight in from my bulk was 270 on the fence and off and over w/e, final end of cut / driest stage i got to 220. i lost lots of weight and yes i did loose size but it happens to everyone that is why everyone hates cutting mental images. i dono if this is going to help anyone, everyone is diff also, i am really tall ( 6'5 ).

cut date was june 3rd i think to 2nd week of aug
Old 08-28-2010, 06:12 PM   #1990
RS Operative (G)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5-S View Post
hold on there, i do have definition, my goal is to get ripped. im 5'10 and in march I was 178lbs with about 20+% bodyfat. Ive done my research on cutting on many forums. I didnt jump in without a clue on what im doing. I am a lot leaner then I was before, much leaner. The definition in my abs area just starting to come out, I have lost some size which im not liking.. but im working out 4x a week now instead of 3x to keep whatever muscle I have.. and I did not say that breakdown doesnt matter. If I did then point me to my post in which I did.
with 20% body fat, add some cardio but still hit the weights like a mutha fuck
when i cut i was always hitting the weights with the same intensity when bulking maybe not the same number on the bar but still
Old 08-28-2010, 06:13 PM   #1991
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 View Post
my weight in from my bulk was 270 on the fence and off and over w/e, final end of cut / driest stage i got to 220. i lost lots of weight and yes i did loose size but it happens to everyone that is why everyone hates cutting mental images. i dono if this is going to help anyone, everyone is diff also, i am really tall ( 6'5 ).

cut date was june 3rd i think to 2nd week of aug
you lost 50lbs in a little over a month??!!!! that's insane, no stretch marks or loose skin? lol. I've always been light for my height. I was 146lbs before I started weight lifting. highest I got was 180 before I began my cut. I'm leaner now then I was before I started hitting the gym and I look bigger and weigh less
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 08-28-2010, 06:14 PM   #1992
I subscribe to Revscene

snip phone sucks
Old 08-28-2010, 06:18 PM   #1993
RS Operative (G)

that is 2 and a bit dude
Old 08-28-2010, 06:28 PM   #1994
I subscribe to Revscene

read July for some reason, were you eating a hell of a lot less?
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 08-28-2010, 06:30 PM   #1995
RS Operative (G)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5-S View Post
read July for some reason, were you eating a hell of a lot less?
Posted via RS Mobile
haha yeah dude, as i have talked about before and the avid members know i was eating around 6-8 thousands calories a day
Old 08-28-2010, 06:52 PM   #1996
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
I wouldn't dog you for trying Anaconda Halo, but man the claims they make are such fucking bullshit. They are claiming more growth than even steroids could possibly give you
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 06:56 PM   #1997
RS Operative (G)

^^ o yeah i know its " bio test" lol but i had a credit there cause they screwed me over big time so i decided to try it out
Old 08-28-2010, 09:32 PM   #1998
xxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Don't count calories, country protein (1g per lb bodyweight) from good sources, drop carbs to almost zero, and do high rep weight training with HIIT. forget calories, forget fat. That will work itself out.
Posted via RS Mobile
Yeah that's the reason why I started losing strength, because in order to go to 1600 cals but keeping protein up I had to drop carbs....

Btw,
I thought HIIT required carbs? If glycogen stores are low wouldn't you end up catabolizing muscle?
Oleophobic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 10:17 PM   #1999
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
You shouldn't need to do more than 15 mins of hiit in addition to weights.

But the most important thing to realize is, you are not exercising to lose weight while exercising. It's the overall metabolic effect that is important. That's why it's better to work really hard for a short time rather than soft exercise for a long time. Look up EPOC.

Unless you are built like Halogodv2, you don't have to worry about "catabolizing muscle". He probably needs to train a bit lighter and shed weight a bit slower because he's already at or near the line of how much muscle he can maintain naturally.

And carbs post workout are FINE. In fact, better than not taking carbs at all. That is the one time you want an insulin spike.

So do your weight training, do 15 mins of HIIT, then take a handful of berries and a protien shake (or mix it with juice, whatever)
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-29-2010, 07:54 AM   #2000
I subscribe to Revscene

edit, took out my 2 progress pics.. will post them when this social group thing is set up

Last edited by DC5-S; 08-29-2010 at 08:16 AM.