REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 12-09-2010, 12:38 AM   #3951
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

ahaha. dieselweasel. i used to hang around sherdog when he posted in the strength&power section. the guy posted all these videos with terrible form. then lashed out on people when they dissed his form. little man's complex.

Advertisement
StealthFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:45 AM   #3952
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
yeah that guy is a joke, so does he want these videos on the internet ? lol
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:36 AM   #3953
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

3 days in a row HArd at the gym, tonight off then back again tomorrow

sore everywhere

feelsgoodman
jeffh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:52 AM   #3954
RS Operative (G)

i am going to be so sore when i get back form ny, its like that sore you get the first time u go to the gym 2 week sore hahha
This post thanked by:
Old 12-09-2010, 09:57 AM   #3955
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,812 Times in 8,187 Posts
Good basic deadlift article: http://chadwaterbury.com/fix-your-deadlift/
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-09-2010, 10:02 AM   #3956
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,172 Times in 2,405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
What a lot of noobs (myself included at the beginning), and even some regulars dont seem to understand is that, just like anything in life, training is WORK. FULL TIME. you cant turn it on and off, or half ass it because you're lazy. you have to LOVE what you're doing, working out, eating right, sleeping right... the whole thing. Its a lifestyle not a quick fix.

You dont go from a 140lbs twig or a 250lb fat ass to a magazine cover in 6 months before summer because you made a new years resolution, you do it by making it your life for years. from what Ive seen, 90% of new years resolutioners quit before february because they dont understand this, and another 5% quit once they reach their first plateau and dont know how to push thru. Maybe 1% actually turn "going to the gym" into their lifestyle and make gains over the long term, and the rest just sorta do the same thing 3 times a week to stay in shape (theres nothing wrong with that).

If you want to be the guy or girl you see in your head when you lay in bed at night wishing, you have to commit to it. Excuses come up every single day, and you have to make the choice to stick to your training, or dont bother.
Beers with the guys on the job site after work on Friday? nope, alcohol before workout doesnt work.
Mary from accounting brings a box of donuts in at coffee break? nope, your protein shake and chicken sandwhich packs the nutrients you need.
The guys want to get together to watch a video from wheeling in MOAB on wednesday? nope, wednesday is gym day, convince them to do it on your offday if you're lucky
Shitty day of work and dont feel like training? man the fuck up, any workout is better than sitting on the couch

You dont get what you want without sacrifices.

The only things in life you can skip your training lifestyle for are pussy, your children, and your career. and you can work in pussy after your workout, and your workout around your career. so wear a rubber.
The thing is that I bet the majority of people here aren't looking for a halo-like physique. We are interested in hearing about what he did and how he achieved it, but by no means are we planning on doing so.

I agree that it IS work to be 220lbs with 12% bf at 5' 8". But personally, and I am sure there are others out there, who don't WANT to look like that. When people say things like "wow that must take a lot of money" or time, or effort, they are not complaining or whining; they are amazed.

Oftentimes there's a condescending under-tone in this thread that you, halo and others perpetuate; a sense that all of us are wanting to be 220lbs with 12% bf at 5' 8", and we are all just too lazy to do so. That's not the case.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:08 AM   #3957

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
What a lot of noobs (myself included at the beginning), and even some regulars dont seem to understand is that, just like anything in life, training is WORK. FULL TIME. you cant turn it on and off, or half ass it because you're lazy. you have to LOVE what you're doing, working out, eating right, sleeping right... the whole thing. Its a lifestyle not a quick fix.

You dont go from a 140lbs twig or a 250lb fat ass to a magazine cover in 6 months before summer because you made a new years resolution, you do it by making it your life for years. from what Ive seen, 90% of new years resolutioners quit before february because they dont understand this, and another 5% quit once they reach their first plateau and dont know how to push thru. Maybe 1% actually turn "going to the gym" into their lifestyle and make gains over the long term, and the rest just sorta do the same thing 3 times a week to stay in shape (theres nothing wrong with that).

If you want to be the guy or girl you see in your head when you lay in bed at night wishing, you have to commit to it. Excuses come up every single day, and you have to make the choice to stick to your training, or dont bother.
Beers with the guys on the job site after work on Friday? nope, alcohol before workout doesnt work.
Mary from accounting brings a box of donuts in at coffee break? nope, your protein shake and chicken sandwhich packs the nutrients you need.
The guys want to get together to watch a video from wheeling in MOAB on wednesday? nope, wednesday is gym day, convince them to do it on your offday if you're lucky
Shitty day of work and dont feel like training? man the fuck up, any workout is better than sitting on the couch

You dont get what you want without sacrifices.

The only things in life you can skip your training lifestyle for are pussy, your children, and your career. and you can work in pussy after your workout, and your workout around your career. so wear a rubber.
Good post, but you have to add something. You can be the most dedicated person in the world going to the gym, getting a lot of sleep, etc. But you have to fucking eat to get anywhere.

I used this analogy to explain it to someone before when I hung out with them and was constantly eating. I hope it makes enough sense:

Consider your body a house. The work you put in the gym is like the workers who lay the bricks to build the house. The food you eat is the bricks that build the house.

Now you could go to the gym 3 or 4 days a week, and work your ass off until you puke. That means you have a ton of 'people' working on building the house.

But if you don't give them the 'bricks' to build with, you will get nowhere. You could have 20 people working, but if you are only giving them 1 brick an hour, they'll get nowhere.

That was the simplest way I could put it anyway...

EAT.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-09-2010, 10:33 AM   #3958

It doesn't matter what your goals are, if you have goals at all, you have to be 100% committed to them. Going to the gym and doing curls all day, and eating shreddies for breakfast isn't going to get you anywhere, whether you are looking to be 220 lbs or 180 lbs and ripped.

Your goals might not be the same as Halo's, so you won't have to eat 9K a day. But if you want to gain weight at all, you do need to eat 3000-4000kcals a day. You don't get to skip breakfast and not eat until lunch just because you don't want to get "that big".
This post thanked by:
Old 12-09-2010, 12:08 PM   #3959
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
stupid bursitis AGAIN.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 02:09 PM   #3960
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
The thing is that I bet the majority of people here aren't looking for a halo-like physique. We are interested in hearing about what he did and how he achieved it, but by no means are we planning on doing so.

I agree that it IS work to be 220lbs with 12% bf at 5' 8". But personally, and I am sure there are others out there, who don't WANT to look like that. When people say things like "wow that must take a lot of money" or time, or effort, they are not complaining or whining; they are amazed.

Oftentimes there's a condescending under-tone in this thread that you, halo and others perpetuate; a sense that all of us are wanting to be 220lbs with 12% bf at 5' 8", and we are all just too lazy to do so. That's not the case.
To be honest, Im not looking for a halo-esque physique either. Im 185lbs right now and I dont really ever want to be more than 200lbs.

I dont mean to be condescending, tho I do see I could come off that way at times. Im just trying to put forward the things I've learned over the few short years Ive spent training. And I wish I had someone there 2 years ago to tell me the things I know now. jeffh is my gym partner and he made more gains in 1 year than I made in my first 2, because Ive been there to tell him to man up and lift and eat and that dudebro wrist curls dont do shit.

I certainly dont know everything, hell, Ive only scratched the surface.. but I know a fuck of a lot more now than I did a few years ago, and Im learning what works (HARD WORK) and what doesnt (excuses).
Old 12-09-2010, 02:24 PM   #3961
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
Does anyone here do any strongman stuff?

I found this bc strongman forum (http://www.bceaa.org/) a while ago. While it looked interesting, I don't feel I'm quite strong enough to even train with them.
Matlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 03:14 PM   #3962
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
Wow, bench super set with t bar rows. Shoulderpress super set with pull ups. and a few sets of deadlifts. Followed by a quick 10 mins on the elliptical. I'm pooped.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:25 PM   #3963
I subscribe to Revscene

315x4 deadlift today w00t!.. back was really rounded on last rep, then felt like I was almost gonna pass out lol.. btw I want a halo physique
DC5-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 04:45 PM   #3964
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

i wish i could have halo's physique!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My goal is 195-200lbs 8-10% bodyfat and I'm 5'9. I doubt I'll ever get there. I just don't have the dedication.
ws6ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 04:46 PM   #3965
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

I did 315 atg squat

haven't done that in a longgggggg time
ws6ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 04:53 PM   #3966
xxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffh View Post
shop smart
if you have dedication you will figure out a way

go to costco for steaks, dont buy precut steaks, buy a whole strip loin then butcher it yourself
buy fresh chieckn breasts in the biggest family pack you can find and bag and freeze them yourself
pasta and rice in bulk is cheap

think of it like you are shopping for a family when you are thinking in terms of portions and it stops sounding like so much money spent

same thing when you are cooking it, it doesnt take twice as long to cook 2 steaks, or boil a box of pasta over one meal size

props again Halo
I have mad respect for halo for accomplishing what he did.

I'm not gonna bother going into the minute details, but 240 a month for me was 60/week and 60 is hardly much for eggs, chicken, apples, pasta, w/e you name it. Since I've lived on my own I know where to get the cheapest stuff (for the most part) and you just can't escape basic math. Everything just adds up. Also i was a 165lbs 5'7 dude eating 2400-2600 calories and GAINING weight at that caloric intake. 2400-2600 is TINY compared to a lot of people who are bigger or have faster metabolisms.

Also, costco is not even the cheapest place for food. For eggs, I've noticed superstore is the cheapest. For chicken thighs/breasts, superstore/price smart foods is cheaper when there's a sale. same with beef so costco isn't the answer to everything.

ice1cube, the youtube guy who posts workout vids is 170lbs at 5'9 and spends over $100/wk on groceries. That's 400 a month for a 170lb dude who takes no supplements. His buddy Hanh spends a lot more because of supplements. Those of you who've seen his videos will know what I mean.

Why was I amazed at how much halo must be spending? Well, he eats 7k calories clean, takes ON whey or other high quality whey which is more expensive than others, takes a plethora of supplements, and was on anaconda.

Again, I have mad respect. I just think people are brushing aside the cost factor and simply resort to saying "shop smart" when in fact, costs really do add up. When you sit down and do the math it's not hard to see.
Oleophobic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:04 PM   #3967
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
235, expensive shirts and dress shirts are not fitting anymore
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 07:41 PM   #3968
RS Operative (G)

that is why i never bought clothes or anything like that
Old 12-09-2010, 08:47 PM   #3969
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
Yea, I too think there's more to Halo's story. I'm not being critical, I just think he left out details.

What were your financial priorities?
#1: food, supplements, and your gym membership?
#2: rent, utilities, everything else.

You must've lived a very minimalist life during those 7 or so months.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:09 PM   #3970
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matlock View Post
Does anyone here do any strongman stuff?

I found this bc strongman forum (http://www.bceaa.org/) a while ago. While it looked interesting, I don't feel I'm quite strong enough to even train with them.
i like strongman stuff. i think it would be a fun experience. i'm sure you won't look as bad as dieselweasel.

i don't wanna be a huge bodybuilder, but halo is a good example of plain old hard work. no complaining. just train smart, eat a lot.

i much rather be like this guy

buying food in the US is so damn cheap. makes clean bulking pretty cheap.

$2 for a gallon of homo milk, $3 for 2 dozen eggs, ~5lbs whole roasted chicken for $5, $5 for 3 lbs of cottage cheese, $5 for 5lbs of natural peanut butter, oats are dirt cheap.
StealthFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:29 PM   #3971
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

That DieselWeasel guy is just lols. I'm surprised he hasn't injured himself yet.
BlackV62K2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 11:28 AM   #3972
RS Operative (G)

cant wait for monday, back in the gym , will be total of 20 days not in the gym
Old 12-10-2010, 12:08 PM   #3973
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackV62K2 View Post
That DieselWeasel guy is just lols. I'm surprised he hasn't injured himself yet.
how could he not injure himself? one of these days he's gonna mess up his back really bad.
Marioo1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 02:09 PM   #3974
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
Damn those guys are strong...
I struggle enough deadlifting 405 off the floor for 1 rep
Matlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 03:09 PM   #3975
Banned (ABWS)

anyone here taking or took bsn cellmass??
Fobman is offline   Reply With Quote