REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 03-03-2011, 05:40 PM   #5301
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
^ 1.5hr - 2hr for me when im doing average pace. when i do high intensity 45min-1hr.
Advertisement
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:14 PM   #5302
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

i don't understand how the guys that have been working out for years, take their supps, eat well still get extreme doms.

btw doms doesn't mean you are growing so stop hoping you are sore as fuck the next day
ws6ta is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-03-2011, 06:15 PM   #5303

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykn View Post
^ 1.5hr - 2hr for me when im doing average pace. when i do high intensity 45min-1hr.
2hour workout? wtf? if you can workout for 2 hours straight you're doing it wrong
Old 03-03-2011, 06:32 PM   #5304
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Im in the gym for 1:15 usually including warmup. id rather do less workouts with more intensity than more workouts with less intensity.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:35 PM   #5305
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Wats a good snack for before the gym? I tried almonds, but they tend to sit in my stomach and I feel sluggish. I just can't w/o on an empty stomach
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:38 PM   #5306

I get doms in my legs usually everytime i squat for 3 days, in my tris for 2 days, sometimes my chest for 1 day if i hit it hard. And my back is usally tight for the rest of the day after DLs.

I dont eat enough veggies tho, especially greens. Ive been recommended to start taking greens+ to help
Old 03-03-2011, 06:40 PM   #5307

I cant workout on just a snack. I workout 2 hours after eating a large dinner.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:25 PM   #5308

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafanculo View Post
Wats a good snack for before the gym? I tried almonds, but they tend to sit in my stomach and I feel sluggish. I just can't w/o on an empty stomach
Posted via RS Mobile
banana and 25g of whey?
Old 03-03-2011, 07:27 PM   #5309
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,151 Times in 2,395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ws6ta View Post
i don't understand how the guys that have been working out for years, take their supps, eat well still get extreme doms.

btw doms doesn't mean you are growing so stop hoping you are sore as fuck the next day
Thanks x100
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:29 PM   #5310

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
workout 2 hours??

or are you including your cardio in there? I'm usually at the gym for about 1.5-2 hours as well but the times I am there for 2 hours I'm usually doing 10 mins pre workout warmup 45 mins post workout cardio. and approx 1 hour of working out.

how many exercises are you guys doing?

ie..shoulders...3 exercies 3 sets each and my shoulders are so sore at that time that I don't even want to raise my hand. hit the triceps after that for the same thing 3 exercises 3 sets each. so the math

1 minute a set 3 exercises 3 sets = 9 minutes x 2 bodyparts = 18 minutes and lets say 2 minutes rest between each set which would be 36 minutes of rest. lets just round it upto an hour. what are you guys doing for the other hour? or are you doing an abundance of exercises/sets?
Old 03-03-2011, 07:48 PM   #5311

Quote:
workout 2 hours??

or are you including your cardio in there? I'm usually at the gym for about 1.5-2 hours as well but the times I am there for 2 hours I'm usually doing 10 mins pre workout warmup 45 mins post workout cardio. and approx 1 hour of working out.

how many exercises are you guys doing?

ie..shoulders...3 exercies 3 sets each and my shoulders are so sore at that time that I don't even want to raise my hand. hit the triceps after that for the same thing 3 exercises 3 sets each. so the math

1 minute a set 3 exercises 3 sets = 9 minutes x 2 bodyparts = 18 minutes and lets say 2 minutes rest between each set which would be 36 minutes of rest. lets just round it upto an hour. what are you guys doing for the other hour? or are you doing an abundance of exercises/sets?
Quote:
Im in the gym for 1:15 usually including warmup. id rather do less workouts with more intensity than more workouts with less intensity.
Quote:

I workout for an hour and 15 usually. I eat a full meal 2 hours before working out.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:15 PM   #5312
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,605 Times in 536 Posts
Quote:

They say doms isn't a good indicator that you're growing, but I disagree.
If you get a strong case of doms then you must have been doing something right in the gym to get you that sore.
Whenever I have no pump and energy I know right away that I'm not gonna get sore for shit and I never do.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:41 PM   #5313
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vafanculo View Post
Posted via RS Mobile
I used to make this mistake, then I bought some 1MR. Working out on an empty stomach sucks, but no matter when I workout I just load up a shaker bottle full of it and gulp it on the drive over. By the time arrive I got a nice buzz going, and I usually work it off in the ~60mins of high intensity that I do.

Legs are on fucking fire today. Somehow managed a 275lb squat x 2 up from my measly 200 a few weeks ago. Need to start dropping some BF asap though, summers coming way too fast :|

Has anyone been to fitness world on cambie and 12th? Walking down those 3 flights of stairs after a good leg workout is fucking torture. Every step I take is like I'm gimped.
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:45 PM   #5314
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Situation View Post
If you get a strong case of doms then you must have been doing something right in the gym to get you that sore.
Whenever I have no pump and energy I know right away that I'm not gonna get sore for shit and I never do.
I agree. Though, I think studies/people generally say that just because you aren't sore, doesn't necessarily mean you didn't have a good workout. My goal is to be sore once a week
Conan O'Brien Sex Video is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:48 PM   #5315
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Situation View Post
You do know how DOM generally occurs right? Its from the tearing of the muscle. If I tell you to perform 135 on bench press with 15 sec eccentric portions. Are you going to tell me that's a good workout? You sure as hell will have DOM but what else have you accomplished?
L0uie69 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-03-2011, 08:56 PM   #5316

you know you been doing shit right when someone asks if your on roids.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:07 PM   #5317
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
Disagree. I personally don't want to look anything like a roid monkey. I spend too much on food and put in too much effort into my workouts to have people think I cheated like some loser who took steroids.

I'd rather look like a natural muscular person vs. some inflated WWE wrestler.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:17 PM   #5318

I think I speak for most people when I say that I dont think any of us goto the gym to workout to get doms specifically. I think what people are trying to say is all things the same, if I workout a little harder today than I did last week, and Im sore tomorrow where as I wasnt last week, I take that as a good thing and that I had a better workout today.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:19 PM   #5319
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
Disagree. I personally don't want to look anything like a roid monkey. I spend too much on food and put in too much effort into my workouts to have people think I cheated like some loser who took steroids.

I'd rather look like a natural muscular person vs. some inflated WWE wrestler.
I think what he's getting at is people saying "wow you got so big so fast" type of deal.
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-03-2011, 09:26 PM   #5320
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

275 deadlift today!
I don't know if my form was off or something but holy shit felt like my chest was going to explode!
Old 03-03-2011, 09:28 PM   #5321
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
I strongly disagre about not getting sore after every workout, just think the first time u workout u are fucking crazy sore cant walk, then the next couple workouts u get a bit sore then not as much, so u switch it up like u r wokring out for the first time again, boom u r sore, i workout to get sore, then again i workout with so much intensity most people get scared when i workout next to them. Soreness is key for me and that is how my body works
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-03-2011, 09:31 PM   #5322

Nice try
Old 03-03-2011, 09:34 PM   #5323

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0uie69 View Post
You do know how DOM generally occurs right? Its from the tearing of the muscle. If I tell you to perform 135 on bench press with 15 sec eccentric portions. Are you going to tell me that's a good workout? You sure as hell will have DOM but what else have you accomplished?
Well I know how my body works and how to workout properly. If im benching 20lbs more than usual, then for sure im getting doms.
My gains always correlate with soreness. But that's just me.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:34 PM   #5324

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 View Post
I strongly disagre about not getting sore after every workout, just think the first time u workout u are fucking crazy sore cant walk, then the next couple workouts u get a bit sore then not as much, so u switch it up like u r wokring out for the first time again, boom u r sore, i workout to get sore, then again i workout with so much intensity most people get scared when i workout next to them. Soreness is key for me and that is how my body works
^yup i just lolz at the people who say ur only suppose to be at the gym for an hour max and people who say ur only suppose to do 4 sets of each exercise. my goal is to push my muscles to failure and then some and have them fucking burning when i get out of the gym and sit in my car.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-03-2011, 09:54 PM   #5325
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
^^ yeah man old school body building, Dorian Yates. The guy speaks the truth
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote