REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:06 AM   #5976
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykn View Post
road to 215 with gaining strength in the process starts april 10th. massively tweaking diet, wish me luck! lolz
goodluck sir! it took me forever to get from 190 to 200. i think 215 should take a few months for me.
how much do you currently weight right now?
Advertisement
dhari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:00 AM   #5977
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhari View Post
goodluck sir! it took me forever to get from 190 to 200. i think 215 should take a few months for me.
how much do you currently weight right now?
pretty sure he's going the opposite direction lol.
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-05-2011, 05:21 PM   #5978
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,776 Times in 8,170 Posts
Yup pulled something in my back yesterday...
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:09 PM   #5979
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
very good back workout today, new pr on deadlifts whooooooo
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:45 PM   #5980
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,051 Times in 676 Posts
Fcukedd is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-05-2011, 08:02 PM   #5981
I bringith the lowerballerith

anyone else deadlift more than they squat..
PK6o4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:05 PM   #5982
RS Operative (G)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK6o4* View Post
most do
Old 04-05-2011, 08:07 PM   #5983
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,605 Times in 536 Posts
You're suppose to be able to deadlift more than you squat. Well for most people that's the norm. I'm the opposite.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:11 PM   #5984
RS Operative (G)

for me
dead/squats/bench
Old 04-05-2011, 08:11 PM   #5985
The Brown Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK6o4* View Post
I couldn't till my last lowerback workout... then again I haven't worked out my legs since then

I just wish my lower body strength was more symmetrical with my chest ... ah well, it's coming along
If weightlifting doesn't workout and I never bench more than 2 plates I guess I can just be a skinny jean wearing metrofag hipster ... but then I'd only get hipster girls .. yeah nvm.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:20 PM   #5986
RS Operative (G)

you will bench more then 2 plates, i use to think like that and i am close to 4 now
This post thanked by:
Old 04-05-2011, 08:21 PM   #5987
I bringith the lowerballerith

haha oh makes sense then , i just bought cottage cheese for the first time, how do u guys like eating it? apparently it tastes pretty bad alone
PK6o4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:23 PM   #5988
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Situation View Post
You're suppose to be able to deadlift more than you squat. Well for most people that's the norm. I'm the opposite.
Yes but do you go ass to ground?
Posted via RS Mobile
DC5-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:41 PM   #5989
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,605 Times in 536 Posts
I go below parallel for heavy weight not a2g.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:50 PM   #5990
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackV62K2 View Post
Started my cutting phase in Jan and I was around 215 @ ~19% bodyfat. Now sitting around 193 @ ~10.5% bodyfat. Definitely some strength lost as expected with a cut. My goal is to get to single digits bf. Aiming for 8%, any lower is just a bonus.

Bench: 275 -> 255
Deadlifts: 315 -> 305
Squats: 305 -> 275
Seated DB Press: 95lbs DB -> 85lbs DB

Sucks that my lifts are down but I dont feel so much like a fat ass anymore lol.
lol fuck man this just demotivated me for my mini 'cut' le sigh.... but im pretty sure i can lean out without losing significant strength, just longer process ..

on a side note, pulled 5 plate dl no gear today. still hurting right now lolz pretty happy with dl.
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:52 PM   #5991
The Brown Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 View Post
you will bench more then 2 plates, i use to think like that and i am close to 4 now
Let's hope so! I've made steady gains but my chest game is down lately. I gave up with bench because I was afraid of going heavy due to no spot, so I started working on my dumbbells. When I stopped I could bench ~ 155 lbs 2x, then I switched over to dumbbells. I do everything dumbbell now and I'm upto 70lbs x3 flat press, going for 75/80lb dumbbell bench next week. My flies have increased from around 30 lbs max to to (currently) 50 lb flies x 3.

What else can I do? Triceps are lacking so I'm trying to hit em hard, tempted to give them and biceps a dedicated day; I find my bench got "stuck" mostly around the lower range of movement so I'm focusing on gaining tricep strength more now (I hope that's the right muscle?). When I bench I take the bar an inch above my chest, so I go pretty deep. How deep do you guys go, no homo?

As soon as I stop steadily gaining on my flat dumbbell press I'm going back to benchpress, is there really any other method a guy can try? Le sigh
Old 04-05-2011, 09:03 PM   #5992
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,216 Times in 510 Posts
most - squat
medium - deads
least - bench
illicitstylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:07 PM   #5993

How much is a "plate" again? I work in KG so I am trying to calculate how many "plates" I am benching. Just to compare for curiosity's sake
Old 04-05-2011, 09:08 PM   #5994
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,051 Times in 676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
Let's hope so! I've made steady gains but my chest game is down lately. I gave up with bench because I was afraid of going heavy due to no spot, so I started working on my dumbbells. When I stopped I could bench ~ 155 lbs 2x, then I switched over to dumbbells. I do everything dumbbell now and I'm upto 70lbs x3 flat press, going for 75/80lb dumbbell bench next week. My flies have increased from around 30 lbs max to to (currently) 50 lb flies x 3.

What else can I do? Triceps are lacking so I'm trying to hit em hard, tempted to give them and biceps a dedicated day; I find my bench got "stuck" mostly around the lower range of movement so I'm focusing on gaining tricep strength more now (I hope that's the right muscle?). When I bench I take the bar an inch above my chest, so I go pretty deep. How deep do you guys go, no homo?

As soon as I stop steadily gaining on my flat dumbbell press I'm going back to benchpress, is there really any other method a guy can try? Le sigh
Weighted dips will fry your triceps. Skullcrushers supersetting with CG bench works as well (and personally my favourite tricep exercise). I never had any good results with cable extensions for strength. I think it's best to stick with free weights for mass and strength gains (at least in my experience).

As for bench, I have the bar touch my chest.

1 plate is 45lbs.
Fcukedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:12 PM   #5995
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post

hey dude, word of advice: flies are not for PR's. I know too many people who have destroyed their shoulder going too heavy on flies. Besides, if you go heavy your form suffers and it becomes a press/fly thing. They're supposed to be done with low weight, high reps. It also has absolutely no carry over to any sort of sport movement, so there is no reason to go heavy on them. They're strictly a vanity exercise.
white_guilt is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-05-2011, 09:16 PM   #5996
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykn View Post
lol fuck man this just demotivated me for my mini 'cut' le sigh.... but im pretty sure i can lean out without losing significant strength, just longer process ..

on a side note, pulled 5 plate dl no gear today. still hurting right now lolz pretty happy with dl.
To cut without losing significant strength gains is quite easy, actually. You can minimize your strength loss by monitoring your diet, continuing a strength based weight lifting program (5x5, Westside, starting strength, etc), refraining from long slow aerobic cardio sessions (i.e. 10 mile runs at a snail pace), and using gear. That last one is not a joke btw , if you are on a cycle, you will not lose any strength while you cut, not that I'm advocating roid usage.
white_guilt is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-05-2011, 09:19 PM   #5997
RS Operative (G)

very true, i cold probably fly 100's but i would never do that , i dont think i ever go higher then 30 pounds for flys dont need to

dhillion or w/e have u ever tried floor press? u are lying on the ground doing bench press this is good for power up and when u r sticking point at the bottom since it is all power up from the bottom of the floor, triceps are a major roll in bench and so is back and shoulders. i wold suggest having triceps and biceps on a whole day. i do that sometimes, but i still do triceps once a week hard as fuck.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-05-2011, 09:22 PM   #5998
RS Operative (G)

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_guilt View Post
To cut without losing significant strength gains is quite easy, actually. You can minimize your strength loss by monitoring your diet, continuing a strength based weight lifting program (5x5, Westside, starting strength, etc), refraining from long slow aerobic cardio sessions (i.e. 10 mile runs at a snail pace), and using gear. That last one is not a joke btw , if you are on a cycle, you will not lose any strength while you cut, not that I'm advocating roid usage.
if u need a cycle to cut , that is sad
take it from me, the dropping a little weight on the lifts is not bad just think of what u will look like
Old 04-05-2011, 09:22 PM   #5999

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_guilt View Post
Yup, can't neglect having heavy days even when cutting. And use carbs smartly.

That and, numbers on the plates just don't matter. What matters is whether you are reaching your goals. For me it doesn't go beyond mild curiosity, how many "plates" I can bench. It's not "2 plates" and I don't give a shit.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-05-2011, 09:24 PM   #6000
RS Operative (G)

using carbs smart does help,but when u r consuming more or less carbs every meal you are going to get fucked up in the weight room if you go to 70 percent less