REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 05-24-2011, 10:49 AM   #6701
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,216 Times in 510 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSilver View Post
1MR is WAY stronger than Assault. But with Assault I don't feel like I'm wired to the max or jittery. You feel normal but when you start working out, the pump rushes through your body and your mental strength increases no doubt. Zero crash at all. Thats my experience.
1mr has dmaa, that's why it's stronger than assault and banned in canada.
Advertisement
illicitstylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 03:20 PM   #6702
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,051 Times in 676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by illicitstylz View Post
1mr has dmaa, that's why it's stronger than assault and banned in canada.
Thanks for the reply JSilver, just bought a tub of Assault and I'll see how it goes tonight.
If 1MR is banned in Canada, why are stores like GNC still able to sell it?
Posted via RS Mobile
Fcukedd is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-24-2011, 03:28 PM   #6703
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
1mr is not banned lol
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:49 PM   #6704
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Any of you guys try dymatize xpand no caffeine? Picked it up a week ago as my first pre workout supp and it gave me some messy shits two days ago. That was a first, though.

Not really sure what to expect from these pwos but I dont really feel a jolt of energy but that's probably because of the lack of caffeine. But I do suppose I feel a little more focus when lifting.
Posted via RS Mobile
neggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 05:35 PM   #6705
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fcukedd View Post
Thanks for the reply JSilver, just bought a tub of Assault and I'll see how it goes tonight.
If 1MR is banned in Canada, why are stores like GNC still able to sell it?
Posted via RS Mobile
No problem. Mind you I took a half scoop. This is my third time using a pre-workout supplement (SuperPump and 1MR before, never liked them) so I'm allowing my body to adjust rather than diving into it. Tomorrow I'll probably see what a full scoop can do.
JSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:28 PM   #6706
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neggo View Post
Any of you guys try dymatize xpand no caffeine? Picked it up a week ago as my first pre workout supp and it gave me some messy shits two days ago. That was a first, though.

Not really sure what to expect from these pwos but I dont really feel a jolt of energy but that's probably because of the lack of caffeine. But I do suppose I feel a little more focus when lifting.
Posted via RS Mobile
I took that junk when I first started out way back. It does nothing. The container is still sitting in my closet.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:31 PM   #6707
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

im using assault now after almost finishing a tub of 1mr.. honestly would never use that stuff again the crash was too much
jack3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:12 PM   #6708
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,051 Times in 676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSilver View Post
No problem. Mind you I took a half scoop. This is my third time using a pre-workout supplement (SuperPump and 1MR before, never liked them) so I'm allowing my body to adjust rather than diving into it. Tomorrow I'll probably see what a full scoop can do.
Just tried Assault, and it's not as strong as 1MR but I can feel it. I only took half a scoop as well, and I'm anticipating a full scoop for next workout.

Though I think I should take a break on training. I was able to do 210lb 5x5 (probably nothing to the majority of y'all) last week without any problems. My next two workouts, I was only able to rep out 4, and near the 4th-5th set, I only did 3. Is this a sign of overtraining? It feels A LOT heavier than it did before, and it's discouraging.

For those who took breaks for about a week, did you notice any strength loss? How were your lifts compared to what they were before? Thanks!!

EDIT: Just did a bit of researching, and maybe I should "deload". Anyone do that regularly? http://www.strongandfit.net/2010/03/...s-is-more.html

Last edited by Fcukedd; 05-24-2011 at 10:04 PM.
Fcukedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:52 PM   #6709
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
My bench is still stuck at a low ass weight but my dumbbell benchpress is steadily increasing... this sucks ..

Thinking of keeping my legs on monday with floorpress .. and chest on friday doing heavy dumbbell press, heavy dummbbells on upper chest, and supporting exercises, and no benchpress 'till I can atleast throw up 100's (stuck at 80s right now) .. then I'll try benchpress again. It's just upsetting when you can't do what you know you should be able to do, and everyone around you is making gains and you're stuck at the same shitty plateau.
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-24-2011, 10:09 PM   #6710
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
My bench is still stuck at a low ass weight but my dumbbell benchpress is steadily increasing... this sucks ..

Thinking of keeping my legs on monday with floorpress .. and chest on friday doing heavy dumbbell press, heavy dummbbells on upper chest, and supporting exercises, and no benchpress 'till I can atleast throw up 100's (stuck at 80s right now) .. then I'll try benchpress again. It's just upsetting when you can't do what you know you should be able to do, and everyone around you is making gains and you're stuck at the same shitty plateau.
Eat more (srs)
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:10 PM   #6711
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,605 Times in 536 Posts
Hes on a cut
Old 05-24-2011, 10:54 PM   #6712
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by strykn View Post
Eat more (srs)
I thought you were downtown...? lol

Yeah I'm starting to up the calories and the carbs. Being weak is not for me man. I hate it but I'm gonna hit 100lb dumbbells by the end of june .. Even if i almost kill myself getting there. Still trying to stay fairly low on carbs though, which is good, but is killing my energy levels. How's you're new diet workin out?
Posted via RS Mobile
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:43 PM   #6713
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post

try benching on the smith machine and set teh safety bar about 5 inches above your chest. when you lower the weight, relax (but don't lose your posture/position on the bench) and then push the weight back up. this exercise has worked pretty well for me. my bench is slowly going up and my inclines db press's are getting stronger as well.

also try warming up your back as well before going heavy on benching.

2008 TSX 6spd
2002 WRX - gone
2008 Honda Civic - gone

My Feedback
triplexcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:32 PM   #6714
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
Very good point, rows are great before bench
Posted via RS Mobile
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 04:37 PM   #6715
I don't get it

gonna get back on the trenches next week! took 2 weeks off, well needed well rested. Hopefully my tendon(golfers elbow) will be all better now.

Anyways bit of my bg.

weighed 280lb from 2007-2009
currently am down to 180lbs

Still got a bit of fat to get rid off, and a bit of excess skin but not to extreme.

looking to drop the body fat, while keeping my built, and maybe fill in some of the excess skin with muscles. Will keep a log on bodybuilding.com (username=ddizon)
Old 05-25-2011, 04:47 PM   #6716
Banned By Establishment

fawkkkkkkkkkk you guys are huge I got nammer genes!!! -_____-

Eating is damn hard, one week i`ll eat like a horse and gain some nice muscles, the next I go drinking and I end up loosing the hard earned muscles at the gym, due to not eating well the next couple of days!
Skyline350gt is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-25-2011, 05:14 PM   #6717
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline350gt View Post

Eating is damn hard, one week i`ll eat like a horse and gain some nice muscles, the next I go drinking and I end up loosing the hard earned muscles at the gym, due to not eating well the next couple of days!

Come on man, don't blame genetics if you're doing this. You're making other nammers (such as myself) look bad.
Full`Throttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:14 PM   #6718
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
^ theres ur problem.. u slacked off for a couple of days haha
keep a good metabolism, by eatting 6 meals a day and work hard in the gymm, "nammer genes" shouldnt be an excuse.. im vietnamese, smoke weed eveyrday but work out hard, gained 20 pounds in 2 months.
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:02 PM   #6719
RS Operative (G)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline350gt View Post

lol that is pretty sweet, how u get muscles and lose them lol
This post thanked by:
Old 05-25-2011, 07:38 PM   #6720
I bringith the lowerballerith

did smith machine bench bar into my neck yesterday like halo said and for the first time my upper chest is sore rather than my outer/lower!
PK6o4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:47 PM   #6721
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

hehe i love it when ppl i havnt seen in awhile ask me if im on steriods especially when i'm 100% natrual woo
exdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:07 PM   #6722
RS Operative (G)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK6o4* View Post
did smith machine bench bar into my neck yesterday like halo said and for the first time my upper chest is sore rather than my outer/lower!
yeah man it is really good, i love that and u dont have to go heavy 2 high reps mm fucking love it
Old 05-26-2011, 09:08 AM   #6723
RS Operative (G)

leg day today, might throw in some triceps also for fun at the end
Old 05-26-2011, 09:59 AM   #6724
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
hamstring injury since last week cant squat or deadlift fucking bunk lol..........

...... chest today feeling pumped as fuck soon as i got out of bed
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:21 PM   #6725
RS controls my life!

Guys I'm benching 55 a side but I'm plateauing after a 4 day rest. Any suggestions?

Should i drop 2.5lb a side and work up or keep at 55s a side? thanks
distanc3 is offline   Reply With Quote