REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 02-27-2012, 09:52 PM   #14701
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
Boxers while doing anything but walking is uncomfortable as fuck. Even going up stairs makes them go up your ass, I can't imagine how far up they go when squatting lol
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:32 PM   #14702
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
To the dude wondering about foods with good protein in them,
here is a list of some foods with good protein for bullking that come to mind:
-ground beef
-chicken breast
-braised fish
-steak (if you can afford it)
-eggs

And to those of you who heavily rely on protein shakes, keep in mind that protein coming from solid foods have more thermic effect, meaning it gets your metabolic rate going. So if you want to bulk and cut at the same time, eating solid foods allow you to put on more lean muscle mass while at the same time controlling your fat adiposities. Just some food for thought.

One fruit that is a good source of fat are avocados, do your research on them, but I've heard they got some of the best fats there is. I believe that its fats comprise of high density lipoproteins which is what you want. Its fats have less of the fats that clog up in your arteries and more of the fats that are able to transport to the liver.

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-27-2012, 10:48 PM   #14703
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth View Post
yet another pair of boxers ripped while squatting
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-28-2012, 01:29 AM   #14704

I think I lost about 2-3 weeks of progress here.. Too much drinking and snacking and not exercising

It is SO easy for me to gain weight when I start eating lots of sugar... Probably a product of growing up on cereal
Old 02-28-2012, 02:02 AM   #14705

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fcukedd View Post
A deadlift should not be "sat like a squat". It's a hip hinge. If your starting position is a squat while attempting a deadlift, the bar will have to travel around your knees in order for the weight to come up; the bar should go in a straight path.

Just my two cents
thats true. should not be sat like a squat
ive been focusing on squats for the last year and it has driven my deadlifts to shit now because im so accustomed to squatting ( i just realized now)

its fine for lighter weights, but once i get onto something challenging, i can feel my back giving out. form is so damn important.

any other tips from the deadlifters here? i need to get back into the DL game

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:48 AM   #14706
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayslive View Post
stupid question but,
what should I do if I can't lift up the first rep without a spotter on my dumbell presses?
I always have to use a spotter to do my first rep whenever I lift over 65s, but is there any way that I can do it myself? like any "cheats" to get up the first rep
for getting the weights up i find if you do the first ones like your doing a close grip push up you should have no problems
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:02 AM   #14707
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

terrible squats at the gym last night

i'm finding that while trying to keep low bar, i'm rocking forward on my toes, and end up having to push off from my toes rather than my heels

any tips?
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:22 AM   #14708
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
leaning to far forward? maybe try lighter weight until you are more comfortable with doing low bar??
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:06 AM   #14709
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

today i decided to add a lil more to my trap workouts. I must say, isolation shrugs on the smith machine killed it!!! i fuckin feel huge right now!! I always thought smith machines was no good, proved me wrong today
Old 02-28-2012, 10:19 AM   #14710
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,170 Times in 2,403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgsr View Post

i'm finding that while trying to keep low bar, i'm rocking forward on my toes, and end up having to push off from my toes rather than my heels

any tips?
Sounds like hamstring flexibility issues, if you aren't able to sit farther back with low bar. Are your knees pushing out when you go down?
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:20 AM   #14711
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Can't wait to murder my chest today. Pecs I will apologize in advance for the brutality I will be inflicting on you. 115lb DB's ... Come at me Bro's.

Berz out.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:20 AM   #14712
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,390 Times in 586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Must be some interesting "real" research. In reality land, MacDonalds has the cleanest food if you choose wisely.
It's not so much about the food being "clean", but what you're actually eating and how it's processed. I don't think most people go to McD's to eat salads or bran muffins. When it comes to the beef and chicken.... I'll pass. For the $12-$13 you have to pay to fill up there now there are much much better alternatives.

This might sound a bit weird but any tips for widening bi's and tri's? My arms are very "tall", so they look good from the side but straight on they're not as meaty. Would like to add some bulk there but not sure how. Ideas?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
Can't wait to murder my chest today. Pecs I will apologize in advance for the brutality I will be inflicting on you. 115lb DB's ... Come at me Bro's.

Berz out.
I'm jelly man. Most I've ever done is 105lbs for 8 reps. I'm stuck at the 95's right now
JD像 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:20 AM   #14713
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
Squats and DL today!! Trying it in the afternoon instead of 6am. Already torn a couple boxers squatting as well

Halo I think you were doing McDonalds salads with Mcdoubles a while back? What were you ordering?
TouringTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:55 AM   #14714

Thanked 1,605 Times in 536 Posts
lol that was dhillon. how are you guys tearing your underwear squatting? try a size bigger than xs.

Last edited by The_Situation; 02-28-2012 at 11:42 AM.
The_Situation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:00 AM   #14715
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Situation View Post
lol that was dhillon. how are you guys tearing your underwear squatting? try a size bigger that xs.
Try not wearing underwear

Berz out.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:01 AM   #14716
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,170 Times in 2,403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD像 View Post
It's not so much about the food being "clean", but what you're actually eating and how it's processed.
This is true, despite it being 100% all beef, you don't know how that beef is processed and which part of the cow it comes from.

Not sure if it's the same in Canada but McDonalds in the states recently announced they are going to stop using ammonia to disinfect their ground beef. They use ammonia because they use scraps and parts of the cow that previously was too dangerous to use as food due to contamination; usually parts that have a risk of coming into contact with the skin or digestive tract during processing. Because ammonia is only a processing agent, McDonalds doesn't have to list it as part of their 'ingredients' for the beef.

Food for thought. Regardless, that doesn't stop me from having a McDouble or two during bulking
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:03 AM   #14717
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,420 Times in 917 Posts
Quote:

any tips?
i have that problem too, did u try it shoeless
Posted via RS Mobile

Last edited by Gerbs; 02-28-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:06 AM   #14718
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,390 Times in 586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
This is true, despite it being 100% all beef, you don't know how that beef is processed and which part of the cow it comes from.

Not sure if it's the same in Canada but McDonalds in the states recently announced they are going to stop using ammonia to disinfect their ground beef. They use ammonia because they use scraps and parts of the cow that previously was too dangerous to use as food due to contamination; usually parts that have a risk of coming into contact with the skin or digestive tract during processing. Because ammonia is only a processing agent, McDonalds doesn't have to list it as part of their 'ingredients' for the beef.

Food for thought. Regardless, that doesn't stop me from having a McDouble or two during bulking
The chicken is even worse. What they do is blast whatever is left on the chicken bones after all the quality meat has been taken off into a vat. They then ammonia the shit out of it to disinfect because it's literally assholes and lips. This is what it looks like after processing:

It has to be re-dyed white and chicken flavour added to it so that it's edible. But mmmmm nuggets are so good

Anyways, way OT.....
JD像 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:08 AM   #14719
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Sounds like hamstring flexibility issues, if you aren't able to sit farther back with low bar. Are your knees pushing out when you go down?
i'm positioning my knees angled out a bit, so yes they push out i guess....i can drop all the way down ATG as well so i don't think it's a flexibility issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdoh View Post
leaning to far forward? maybe try lighter weight until you are more comfortable with doing low bar??
trying not too...i'm going to drop the weight down and really focus on my form and keeping back on my heels

also going to try in some puma shoes with a flat sole and not my cushiony runners
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:41 AM   #14720
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:

any tips?
I ordered a pair of these for heavy squats and deadlifts

adidas Online Store

Similar to the Vibram 5 fingers shoes. Awesome for squats and deadlifts, very stable and a good overall gym shoe, just not the best if you plan on jogging moderate to long distances.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:52 AM   #14721

Thanked 1,605 Times in 536 Posts
^ let us know how it works out. Creatine post or preworkout?
Old 02-28-2012, 12:03 PM   #14722
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 3,267 Times in 547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Situation View Post
^ let us know how it works out. Creatine post or preworkout?
Post. I took it once pre with craze and it wasnt a good combination
Posted via RS Mobile
Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-28-2012, 12:44 PM   #14723

Quote:

Again, the notion of there being "low quality" meat and "high quality" meat on an animal is absurd. It might TASTE different on its own, but thing like innards and connective tissues are very good for you. Try to eat as varied a diet as possible. Adding innards to the diet is an easy way to accomplish this.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:04 PM   #14724
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
but you are what you eat..

when you eat meat that's been fed cement dust and put in hormones to make the animal bigger where will the nutrients lie?

eat grassfed beef or eat beef in some locked up facility?
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:22 PM   #14725
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha v2 View Post
but you are what you eat..

when you eat meat that's been fed cement dust and put in hormones to make the animal bigger where will the nutrients lie?

eat grassfed beef or eat beef in some locked up facility?
I would personally never consume factory farmed meat. No one will ever convince me a chicken genetically modified to grow so fast that it cannot walk, is fed a cannibalistic diet loaded with hormones, never sees sunlight and is crammed into a giant box with thousands of others animals is good for you.

Then again, I'm a vegetarian, so I don't need to worry about that at all...

Anyway..
Lost a bit of weight and progress the last couple weeks after getting slammed with school, so I'm trying to make up for that now. Usually I just have scrambled eggs with peppers and onion for breakfast, but today I made oatmeal and then tried to down 4 raw eggs. That stayed down for about 10 seconds.. I don't know how anyone can handle that..
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: