REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 05-03-2012, 06:59 PM   #16576
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,777 Times in 8,170 Posts
Damn you asians and your tiny waists! Makes everything else look so much bigger

Well almost everything
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-03-2012, 07:00 PM   #16577
-Stare-

Thanked 8,013 Times in 648 Posts
ShadowBun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:10 PM   #16578
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSilver View Post
Damn instantneedles, ton of hard work. Whats your stats bro?

I'll take a hit. Leaning out for the summer. Just finished Phase 1 (4 weeks) - Shoulders of the I, Bodybuilder. Definitely feel and see the gains.

looking good im thinking of trying it out for the summer too

link to article if anyones interested as well

TESTOSTERONE MUSCLE | The ANACONDA Protocol
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-03-2012, 07:19 PM   #16579
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
getting derailed on dieting fuckkkkkkkkkk last week been a bit of cheating well if you count oat meal 3 times a day as cheating

yeah do the ibb i did that when it first came out loved it and everything about it even the anaconda that was bad ass
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:48 PM   #16580
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSilver View Post
Damn instantneedles, ton of hard work. Whats your stats bro?

I'll take a hit. Leaning out for the summer. Just finished Phase 1 (4 weeks) - Shoulders of the I, Bodybuilder. Definitely feel and see the gains.
lookin good buddy! My height's around 5'7 1/2 to around 5'8. Weight's around 165-168 lb. What're your stats?

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.

Last edited by instantneedles; 05-03-2012 at 07:57 PM.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:50 PM   #16581
Treasure Chest MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Damn you asians and your tiny waists! Makes everything else look so much bigger

Well almost everything
LOL.. Skinny you racist mofo... u probably just got used to it from all the asians at hk... The ones here are different

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:08 PM   #16582
Treasure Chest MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctr_eg View Post
just wondering if any of you guys smoke cigarettes?
There's really no point in working out if you smoke imo. It'd just be a waste of time and money, because the chemicals in cigarettes just fucks up your blood flow/circulation, and it increases cortisol levels which decreases rate of absorption of nutrients for muscle growth. All your hardwork would be going down the drain, and that's only if you have the energy (as a smoker) to put hardwork in the first place. Some people say it doesn't do much to your lifting capabilities, but in honest truth, you definetly won't be making your maximum gains if you're a smoker. I see guys working out in the gym and then going out for a smoke immediately after... there's really no point... they come back in and do sets of 2 or 3 reps..

This post thanked by:
Old 05-03-2012, 08:12 PM   #16583
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by instantneedles View Post

Berz, come at me bro..

Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:29 PM   #16584
I subscribe to Revscene

Thanked 1,228 Times in 171 Posts
Quote:
There's really no point in working out if you smoke imo. It'd just be a waste of time and money, because the chemicals in cigarettes just fucks up your blood flow/circulation, and it increases cortisol levels which decreases rate of absorption of nutrients for muscle growth. All your hardwork would be going down the drain, and that's only if you have the energy (as a smoker) to put hardwork in the first place. Some people say it doesn't do much to your lifting capabilities, but in honest truth, you definetly won't be making your maximum gains if you're a smoker. I see guys working out in the gym and then going out for a smoke immediately after... there's really no point... they come back in and do sets of 2 or 3 reps..
I used to play sports with some guys who'd smoke. Funny, one of the guys was actually on team Canada and he was exceptionally fast and powerful.
I just figured that once he hit 30 he would probably hit a wall from all the smoking.

I'm going to try those Complex workouts from T-Nation as soon as I'm over this cold - they look very good. Anyone else going to give them a try?
Powerslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:43 PM   #16585
J89
RS controls my life!

What about hitting the ganja!

J89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:00 PM   #16586
The Brown Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
What about hitting the ganja!

most people think its okay. THC has been shown to cause decreased rates of lung cancer in users. Arnold/Michael Phelps smoked weed, look at them now

side effect = munchies = not good for dieting. Maybe if you're a hardgainer it could be a benefit
This post thanked by:
Old 05-03-2012, 09:02 PM   #16587

If I were to ever have thc again, I would look into methods to smoking it
Old 05-03-2012, 09:08 PM   #16588
I bringith the lowerballerith

what about hookah a couple times a month, same effect as cigs?
PK6o4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:43 PM   #16589
Treasure Chest MOD

yeah, i know a guy who smokes pretty regularly and plays varsity football, he's actually tops in the nation too... Some people tend to soak up the effects more drastically than others, but it's still going to hinder you from becoming even better...

Old 05-03-2012, 10:52 PM   #16590

Started doing cardio after my workouts. 15 mins at 160-170 bpm

3pm almost time for breakfast
Old 05-03-2012, 11:13 PM   #16591
The Brown Reason

Sick upper chest workout today

-Incline barbell bench (Pyramiding weight until I can only do 2 reps)
-Guillotine press super setted with flat Dbell flies ... really hits the part between your collar bone and chest, feels damn good
-Incline Dbell flies
-Incline Smith (or dumbbell incline bench, alternate)
-Peck Deck on pulleys
-FloorPress for mid chest

Adding in mid chest/flat bench to leg days

Must get upperchest for dem v-neck aesthetics.

VVV

I don't wanna double post but Alcohol is a diuretic, muscle is mostly water. Probably a bad idea to be drinking something that makes you piss out all your water, but then again caffeine has the same effect as alcohol. Maybe limit your caffeine intake + eat lots of salty foods/gatorade the night you do drink to keep yourself hydrated/minimize hangover
Old 05-03-2012, 11:13 PM   #16592
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

What's a safe amount of drinking alcohol on the weekend that won't hinder your gains/muscles? Or do I need to cut out all alcohol?
thegentleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:16 PM   #16593

Quote:
Originally Posted by o1flipkid View Post
What's a safe amount of drinking alcohol on the weekend that won't hinder your gains/muscles? Or do I need to cut out all alcohol?
1 to 3 drinks can actually help, not hinder. Don't go over that though imo. Go read LeanGains posts on alcohol
This post thanked by:
Old 05-03-2012, 11:16 PM   #16594
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,388 Times in 189 Posts
^
Why drinking alcohol makes you fat
1995 Nissan 240sx SE
2000 Honda Civic DX hatch
1995 Acura Integra GSR
1993 Honda Civic dx hatch
1997 Acura Integra Type-R
1990 Nissan 240sx hatch
1988 Nissan 300zx-T SS
1992 Honda Civic si hatch
1997 Honda Civic cx hatch
1992 Honda Civic dx hatch
1991 Nissan 240sx se coupe
1986 Honda Accord EXR sedan
Jordanl250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:27 PM   #16595
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by o1flipkid View Post
It's painful, I know. But drinking and smoking will have a negative impact on your results. I quit smoking and refrain from drinking just so I can prepare for Summer.

Meanwhile, I'm having the time of my life in the washroom thanks to magnesium, beta alanine and l-arginine. I'll tough it out for the month.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:38 PM   #16596
Treasure Chest MOD

Quote:
Started doing cardio after my workouts. 15 mins at 160-170 bpm

3pm almost time for breakfast

So goot for da fat burn... You starting to notice some more definition in your muscles?

Old 05-03-2012, 11:40 PM   #16597
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Damn.... I did not know that at all... Ive smoked for about 6 years and actually did quit for about 4 months up until the new year and I dont even know why i got back into it. It was probably because of new years... but yeah it just another excuse but I am actually gonna consider quitting again thanks to what i just read. So Thanks
D-Ly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:41 PM   #16598
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanl250 View Post
Quote:
1 to 3 drinks can actually help, not hinder. Don't go over that though imo. Go read LeanGains posts on alcohol
So basically, its what you eat/drink(use as chase) after/during drinking that can cause weight gain and throw off your hard work during the week.

The article against drinking & working out doesn't mention anything about spirits. Just wines and beer. While the leangains article states "Cognac, gin, rum, scotch, tequila, vodka and whiskey are all basically zero carbs. Dry wines and spirits is what you should be drinking, ideally. Take them straight or mixed with diet soda"

I always chase my hard liquor with water, so I don't get a hangover the next morning.. Haha.
thegentleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:04 AM   #16599

Quote:
So goot for da fat burn... You starting to notice some more definition in your muscles?
I'll let you know! I'll take some before pics tonight. I haven't done cardio in about 6 months, but definitely shed a decent amount of fat.

I'm not trying to get a 6 pack or anything like that. Leanness wise, I just want a flat belly and no lovehandles. My goals are probably nothing like most people here (which makes me wonder, who else here is married?)
Old 05-04-2012, 04:23 AM   #16600
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

been keeping track of my macros/calories and everything ive been eating lately, really useful. I used to think it was such a hassle, but its pretty easy. I'll eat and in the end of the day log everything at myfitnesspal, highly recommend. i used to just keep a log in the back of my head and try to hit my calories daily by doing that, but its never too accurate. if youve plateau'd and been stuck at the same weight for awhile.. give it a try. thats pretty much it, just thought i'd share.
jack3d is offline   Reply With Quote