REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 06-25-2012, 11:17 PM   #18651
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
Do u know a guy called randy by any chance? I think he got some records earlier this year for juniors..
Advertisement
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:06 AM   #18652
My homepage has been set to RS

Ya I do. I know 2 randy's. My main spotter in the tights in the video is one randy that broke a couple records for junior 74kg I think? And the other randy is a beast, same body shape and strength as me but he his built like a HGH tank (190lbs, 8%bf)

@Halo: I'm probably going to get back on 5/3/1 for at least 2 rounds to get my working sets back up to above 500lbs. But then I'm still just going to clean up my diet and try to do a slow cut at the same time. Can't always have everything

MY FEEDBACK
jimzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:08 AM   #18653

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phozy View Post
Is it me, or was your butt tucking just a little bit?
Just need some clarification onto what level of "butt tucking" is fine.

Also, near the end, the hips start to raise first. Does that mean the quads are fatigued?
Ya I have a problem with butt tucking with weight under 300lbs (too easy). And in that video my lower back was more fatigued then my quads cause my legs were still going up normally but my lower back was slow/fatigued causing me to squatmorning.

MY FEEDBACK
Old 06-26-2012, 10:09 AM   #18654
Treasure Chest MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimzilla View Post
Ya I do. I know 2 randy's. My main spotter in the tights in the video is one randy that broke a couple records for junior 74kg I think? And the other randy is a beast, same body shape and strength as me but he his built like a HGH tank (190lbs, 8%bf)

@Halo: I'm probably going to get back on 5/3/1 for at least 2 rounds to get my working sets back up to above 500lbs. But then I'm still just going to clean up my diet and try to do a slow cut at the same time. Can't always have everything
yeah, its the second randy then... I've seen him @ campus a few times and he im pretty sure he's on something... He looks like he may be a bit shorter and more compact then you though... He also competed in the junior division right?

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:23 AM   #18655

Quote:
Originally Posted by instantneedles View Post
yeah, its the second randy then... I've seen him @ campus a few times and he im pretty sure he's on something... He looks like he may be a bit shorter and more compact then you though... He also competed in the junior division right?
Ya he's junior. He is only 21 and trains at UBC birdcoop. The thing is I went to high school with him and back then he was short and chubby. Ever since he went to uni he got jacked and lean in 2-3ish years. Very sure he is on something. He got tested for steroids at the last competition so I'm curious to see the results.

MY FEEDBACK
Old 06-26-2012, 11:46 AM   #18656
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
This is so true,

__________________________________________________ _________________________
"When I started coaching in the private sector, I was amazed to see guys blasting away at their traps with very heavy shrugs, often four or five plates per side, yet with no increase in trap size.

If you want the traps of a Big Ten linebacker, you need to train like one. Put the shrugs away for the next eight weeks, add in some clean pulls, and watch your neck vanish before your eyes. Be sure to emphasize the top portion of the lift.

Last edited by hal0g0dv2; 06-26-2012 at 11:53 AM.
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-26-2012, 12:17 PM   #18657
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Did stronglifts 5x5 for the first time yesterday with the weights the spreadsheets somehow calculated. Felt like I was just fucking around in the gym instead of working out.
BinsentoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:33 PM   #18658
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Surprisingly my legs measured 24". Dammm
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:47 PM   #18659
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinsentoW View Post
Did stronglifts 5x5 for the first time yesterday with the weights the spreadsheets somehow calculated. Felt like I was just fucking around in the gym instead of working out.
I found that the weights started extremely light as well so I started a bit higher. Just increase the weight a bit until it's more of a challenge.
TouringTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:53 PM   #18660
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinsentoW View Post
we all know that feel haha man when i first started , imagine a 6'6 huge guy at about 270lbs doing 80lbs squat/deadlift and 45lb military press and only 140lb bench LOL

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:53 PM   #18661
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Let one rip while doing a set of deadlifts. Oldish lady behind me gave me the weirdest look.

Notasinglefuckwasgiven.jpg
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:47 PM   #18662
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
just dont let one rip while spotting jeffh on bench press.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:06 PM   #18663
Treasure Chest MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimzilla View Post
Ya he's junior. He is only 21 and trains at UBC birdcoop. The thing is I went to high school with him and back then he was short and chubby. Ever since he went to uni he got jacked and lean in 2-3ish years. Very sure he is on something. He got tested for steroids at the last competition so I'm curious to see the results.
It's funny cus when i had lecture with him, the prof always pokes some fun out of him abusing steroids lol

I searched him up on the database, and for his weight, his bench doesn't seem to be that strong, but his squat and especially his deadlift is godly... they pretty much make up for it in his total...

580 lb deadlift, 474 lb squat, 308 lb bench @ 187 lb bodyweight

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:08 PM   #18664
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 View Post
This is so true,

"When I started coaching in the private sector, I was amazed to see guys blasting away at their traps with very heavy shrugs, often four or five plates per side, yet with no increase in trap size.

If you want the traps of a Big Ten linebacker, you need to train like one. Put the shrugs away for the next eight weeks, add in some clean pulls, and watch your neck vanish before your eyes. Be sure to emphasize the top portion of the lift.
How you do them halo? Do you use your calves as well? Do you do a full reset?

Will probably try these out tonight. Don't get a good burn in the traps anymore unless I'm shrugging on the smith.
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:27 PM   #18665
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,388 Times in 189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by instantneedles View Post
It's funny cus when i had lecture with him, the prof always pokes some fun out of him abusing steroids lol

I searched him up on the database, and for his weight, his bench doesn't seem to be that strong, but his squat and especially his deadlift is godly... they pretty much make up for it in his total...

580 lb deadlift, 474 lb squat, 308 lb bench @ 187 lb bodyweight
Those stats are possible. Im 182 and my lifts are pretty much exactly the same cept higher bench
1995 Nissan 240sx SE
2000 Honda Civic DX hatch
1995 Acura Integra GSR
1993 Honda Civic dx hatch
1997 Acura Integra Type-R
1990 Nissan 240sx hatch
1988 Nissan 300zx-T SS
1992 Honda Civic si hatch
1997 Honda Civic cx hatch
1992 Honda Civic dx hatch
1991 Nissan 240sx se coupe
1986 Honda Accord EXR sedan
Jordanl250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:52 PM   #18666
Treasure Chest MOD

Yeah, I'm actually quite surprised because he looks like he can do alot more... And ur pretty beastly urself too jordan

This post thanked by:
Old 06-26-2012, 06:43 PM   #18667
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,051 Times in 676 Posts
Quote:
This is so true,

It's true. I don't do shrugs; I see most of my trap development through deadlifts, cleans and high pulls.
Although my traps aren't even big...
Fcukedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:18 PM   #18668
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fcukedd View Post
It's true. I don't do shrugs; I see most of my trap development through deadlifts, cleans and high pulls.
Although my traps aren't even big...
Same here. They only get hella sore. Been seeing more gains from cleans/high pulls and deadlift than from shrugs. Plus i think shrugs looks kinda silly
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:28 PM   #18669
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
This is so true,

Everyone take note to this.

After doing cleans for more than 3 months straight now; traps are beast. Started light to master technique and slowly added every week. Don't even bother with shrugs or any of that any more. Dead lifts add in as well.
JSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-26-2012, 09:10 PM   #18670
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
Hm, I wouldn't mind working out with some of you guys.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:09 PM   #18671
Treasure Chest MOD

Alright, gonna give the layne norton program a try... I've mostly been sticking to my own routines but will give this a go... Somewhat skeptical of the number of supersets he adds in but mehhhh

Old 06-27-2012, 12:40 AM   #18672
The Brown Reason

booty shorts in winter, thick ass jogging pants in summer. Situation, you are one confusing lad.

Tried dem clean pulls halo ... dunno if everyone was staring at me because they were miring, or if it was cuz i kept dropping the bumper plates on the way down . Sick trap pump
Old 06-27-2012, 12:42 AM   #18673
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
hmm def need to add cleans to my workout then. All i ever did for traps was shrugs/DL but they didnt seem to be going anywhere =/ gotta ask my cousin to teach me since they taught him in football

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:46 AM   #18674
The Brown Reason

I did these today luder, try em

not as explosive as this dude, but it felt damn good. Just be careful with your lower back ... I don't have a belt but if I had one id def. wear it for this exercise
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2012, 12:49 AM   #18675

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSilver View Post
Everyone take note to this.

After doing cleans for more than 3 months straight now; traps are beast. Started light to master technique and slowly added every week. Don't even bother with shrugs or any of that any more. Dead lifts add in as well.
I must be doing something wrong lol.

My traps don't look anywhere near yours, and I've been cleans since October?
I can clean 195, and hang clean 185.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote