REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 07-05-2012, 10:44 PM   #18976
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth View Post
attempted 3 plate deadlift tonight, 2/3rds of the way there but couldn't finish. next week!
More back work and emphasize lockout, you will kill 3 plates soon
Advertisement
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-05-2012, 10:45 PM   #18977
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by instantneedles View Post
lol@ the fails for the last post... please enlighten me as to why

I see jimmies were rustled.
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-05-2012, 10:57 PM   #18978

Quote:
You keep whining about your body type, then we all find out you aren't calculating your caloric intake.

Instead, you "THINK" being full is good enough. No, you have to eat BEYOND FULL.

Then you go on to say, you hit a plateau in bulking after 25lbs, then say to us, "Why would I eat peanut butter - 5300 calories, blah blah whine"

There you go, you are telling us, you don't want it enough - so we fail in hopes you stop with this nonsense.

You think Halo got big by saying, "Ewww, I'm not drinking this cup of Extra virgin olive oil" or "Do you think this peanut butter will make me fat?"

No!
This post thanked by:
Old 07-05-2012, 10:57 PM   #18979
RS controls my life!

Quote:
How about replacing your protein shakes with mass gainers. Although they are not quality food, it can add 2000 more calories to your diet if you literally can't eat anymore as you claim.

Also, how about increasing the volume of your training? Is your workout optimized for power or for muscle mass? or somewhere in the middle?
GGnoRE is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-05-2012, 11:00 PM   #18980

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGnoRE View Post
How about replacing your protein shakes with mass gainers. Although they are not quality food, it can add 2000 more calories to your diet if you literally can't eat anymore as you claim.

Also, how about increasing the volume of your training? Is your workout optimized for power or for muscle mass? or somewhere in the middle?
Srsly? Mass Gainers.

That's it, I've heard it all tonight.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:07 PM   #18981
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
I used to blame my body type back then when I found myself not losing weight. I always assumed it was because I was a "default fat" person with dense bones until I told myself to shut up. Then I tried harder, counted my calories and got the results.

If I was able to lose a shit load of weight by watching what I ate more closely, you can surely do the same for gaining the weight you want.
neggo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-05-2012, 11:36 PM   #18982

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Those ones flat out lie sometimes
well we gotta weed out the good but cheap ones
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:39 PM   #18983
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by subordinate View Post
You keep whining about your body type, then we all find out you aren't calculating your caloric intake.

Instead, you "THINK" being full is good enough. No, you have to eat BEYOND FULL.

Then you go on to say, you hit a plateau in bulking after 25lbs, then say to us, "Why would I eat peanut butter - 5300 calories, blah blah whine"

There you go, you are telling us, you don't want it enough - so we fail in hopes you stop with this nonsense.

You think Halo got big by saying, "Ewww, I'm not drinking this cup of Extra virgin olive oil" or "Do you think this peanut butter will make me fat?"

No!
Quote:
Originally Posted by strykn View Post

I see jimmies were rustled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neggo View Post
I used to blame my body type back then when I found myself not losing weight. I always assumed it was because I was a "default fat" person with dense bones until I told myself to shut up. Then I tried harder, counted my calories and got the results.

If I was able to lose a shit load of weight by watching what I ate more closely, you can surely do the same for gaining the weight you want.
And the OP was never seen again...Goodnight sweet prince of peace
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:49 PM   #18984
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc604 View Post
right now im starting to bulk @153lbs, i used the my plate link RRxtar linked and got these final results for what i ate today, anything i should work on to improve my diet?
from what i understand, correct me if i'm wrong, you should def have more calories in there ? from the last couple of pages it seems hal0 hit about 6-7k calories when he was bulking, and you're roughly half way. Eat more ? dunno im just getting btw

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:09 AM   #18985
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by XplicitLuder View Post
from what i understand, correct me if i'm wrong, you should def have more calories in there ? from the last couple of pages it seems hal0 hit about 6-7k calories when he was bulking, and you're roughly half way. Eat more ? dunno im just getting btw
No hal0 was heavier so he needed more calories to get bigger. 3.7k at 153lb is plenty for now. When you get heavier then up the cals
jack3d is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-06-2012, 12:54 AM   #18986
Big Drama Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack3d View Post
No hal0 was heavier so he needed more calories to get bigger. 3.7k at 153lb is plenty for now. When you get heavier then up the cals
Lol yeah, isn't halo 6'7? Different sizes need different caloric intakes

Inb4 youdontsay.jpg
Old 07-06-2012, 01:46 AM   #18987
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,807 Times in 8,185 Posts
Gee I wish I had the problem where I can eat everything in sight to get huge and stay ripped.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-06-2012, 06:42 AM   #18988
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
Quote:
i use soy protein right now got it real cheap, as long as the nutrition facts doesnt lie, protein is protein and i take it to help meet my protein needs for the day
Hm. I don't think so. Protein from a steak vs protein from soy milk, I don't think they're in the same league.

If i'm wrong, please correct me.

Last edited by nns; 07-06-2012 at 06:48 AM.
nns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:40 AM   #18989

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Gee I wish I had the problem where I can eat everything in sight to get huge and stay ripped.
I have a solution.

This post thanked by:
Old 07-06-2012, 08:05 AM   #18990
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subordinate View Post

No!
I dont ever recall downplay the importance of doing a total daily caloric count, ive just never seen the point to because prior to the 168 plateau ive just been eating whatever till i get full and it has worked up to this point. Will def be changing up the diet.

If i really did blame my genetics i doubt i would have gotten the 25lb gain in the first place. Who are u to tell me what hardwork is? 25 earlier i would have said the same thing about being full. $What has worked then wont work now so things will be changed.

its just alot easier for some people to pack on mass. One guy could be on the same routine and diet as some other guy and when they reach their genetic potential they will still be two different people. Why? Genetics. Its that fucking simple. Maybe with enough hardwork and dieting ill weigh and look the same as arnold?$

And lol whining about eating 5300 calories (a calorie count almost equivalent to a whole days worth of calories) $peanut butter? You go ahead and do that. Brb while i get my 5300 calories from a wide assortment of foods.$

You guys know what i mean so quit blowin shit up my ass.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:06 AM   #18991

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Quote:
right now im starting to bulk @153lbs, i used the my plate link RRxtar linked and got these final results for what i ate today, anything i should work on to improve my diet?

Cals

Fat
128 g

Cholesterol
1964 mg

Sodium
3641 mg

Carbs
371 g

Fiber
16 g

Protein
263 g

Sugars
195 g

thanks in advance
263g of protein is way too much for 153lbs, you won't gain anything extra by all that excess protein
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:15 AM   #18992
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
I dont ever recall downplay the importance of doing a total daily caloric count, ive just never seen the point to because prior to the 168 plateau ive just been eating whatever till i get full and it has worked up to this point. Will def be changing up the diet.

If i really did blame my genetics i doubt i would have gotten the 25lb gain in the first place. Who are u to tell me what hardwork is? 25 earlier i would have said the same thing about being full. $What has worked then wont work now so things will be changed.

its just alot easier for some people to pack on mass. One guy could be on the same routine and diet as some other guy and when they reach their genetic potential they will still be two different people. Why? Genetics. Its that fucking simple. Maybe with enough hardwork and dieting ill weigh and look the same as arnold?$

And lol whining about eating 5300 calories (a calorie count almost equivalent to a whole days worth of calories) $peanut butter? You go ahead and do that. Brb while i get my 5300 calories from a wide assortment of foods.$

We're all telling you to stop whining.

If you reach your genetic potential, then you will look very similar to others who have reached their genetic potential. See pictures here. Heck, look at the pictures in any body building competition. They're going to be similar.

Maximum Muscular Potential of Drug-Free Athletes (Updated Dec 31st) | Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health

Other people can pack on mass more easily because they are willing to work harder and eat more.

Seriously, just shut up and go eat more.
DaFonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:16 AM   #18993
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
263g of protein is way too much for 153lbs, you won't gain anything extra by all that excess protein
It doesn't hurt him and is fine.
DaFonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:18 AM   #18994

Quote:

What does a typical days worth of food look like for you? I have a feeling you aren't eating enough calorie dense foods if you're too full all day and still can't gain weight. Genetics or not after a certain amount of calories anyone will put on weight. But if you're not willing to count out your calories and macros (seriously download an app and it will take 5 extra mins out of your day to track shit) then you'll always be spinning your tires.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-06-2012, 08:20 AM   #18995

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFonz View Post
It doesn't hurt him and is fine.
It doesn't hurt him but it's a waste of money when he could throw 100 grams of that protein into cheaper carbs.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-06-2012, 08:47 AM   #18996
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
arent you supposed to have between 1.5 - 2 times per lb of body weight

so that would make him right on target for grams of protein per day
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:54 AM   #18997

It's supposed to be 1-1.5 for each pound of lean body mass. Assuming he's not made up of 100% muscle he could probably even get away with 140 or so grams of protein per day but generally 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight puts you in a safe area. 2 times your body weight of protein per day is insane
Old 07-06-2012, 09:19 AM   #18998

20% off preworkouts from bb.com... this feel is a good feel...

Spoiler!
This post thanked by:
Old 07-06-2012, 09:36 AM   #18999
Big Drama Show

Feelsg00dman.jpg
Old 07-06-2012, 09:59 AM   #19000
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,390 Times in 586 Posts
Last day of lifting before my holidays, then I'm off to BMOQ. Here are my final stats for the big three. Have a good summer gentlemen

S: 285x3
B: 255x3
DL: 425x1
JDął is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: