REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 04-07-2013, 12:02 PM   #25976
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
A lot od injuries lately stay safe yall!

Wrist wraps are a good investment
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:03 PM   #25977
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

ok guys, I am in need of some advice...

I am currently 6'1 178lbs..

This is how the story goes.. I was around 200 lbs before I was diagnosed with Diabetes type 1 and not knowing this for a while; it took its toll on my body.. because we basically found out really late, I was diagnosed with KetoAcidosis, which is the breakdown of all the muscle and fat in the body. I wasnt providing insulin to myself because I didnt know about the diabetes and my body needed energy that it would usually get from breaking down food. So even after a meal my body wouldnt absorb any sugar from the carbs etc.. Anyway, Its been a few years now and I stayed at about 158lbs throughout. I have recently started working out and its been about 2.5 months now and I gained quite a few pounds in muscle with the proper diet, some mass gainer and correct insulin intake.. I went from 158ish to 178lbs in 2.5 months which i thought was amazing.. I started researching what was happening with the gains so fast and apparently insulin is a super anabolic hormone in your body.. so i started to vary my insulin schedule to optimum times to take advantage of this..
Long story short I want to try and gain more muscle mass and get closer to my 210lbs goal.
I have researched steriods and spoke to friends that were already taking them. I really dont want to take that route just because its fairly damaging to a diabetic..

Another friend of mine is also a diabetic and he mentioned that he started taking some HGH (Human Growth Hormone) and he has grown so freaken much in 2 months..
He said it is safer than other stuff but SUPER pricey.. and mixed with insulin - basically beast mode lol...

Jokes aside - I wanted to know if you guys had any experience with HGH in general (not diabetic specific) - I know that it hinders insulin absorption but its all in when you take it.. I have that part figured out..

I need to know in general what I am to expect in terms of growth?
How long should I cycle?
Should I stack with anything else?

I am currently using Mutant Mass, Thrust (test stimulator and estro blocker) and am thinking about adding HGH.
I am currently 26 and hit the gym 4 times a week doing large muscle groups per day and super max weights with less reps..

Thanks for your help in advance guys.
RHMadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:12 PM   #25978
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
^..... your already on fucking insulin dude learn to eat like a tank and lift heavy
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:35 PM   #25979

Thanked 2,051 Times in 676 Posts
"Fitness Town 36"" Foam Exercise Roller": Fitness Town | Your Fitness Equipment Experts

Can anyone give a quick review on the quality of this foam roller?
Fcukedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:38 PM   #25980
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,360 Times in 315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fcukedd View Post
"Fitness Town 36"" Foam Exercise Roller": Fitness Town | Your Fitness Equipment Experts

Check out the Running Room. I got mine, which looks similar to the FT one, for 29.99$ + tax...
broken_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-07-2013, 05:27 PM   #25981
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

you could also just get a pvc pipe if you wanna cheap out lol

just remember, the traditional foam rollers eventually wear out and become soft after time. thats why i prefer rumble rollers or trigger
L0uie69 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-07-2013, 05:30 PM   #25982

Trust me dude, I eat like a tank already, thats how I was able to put on that much weight in a short period of time.

Any suggestions on my original question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykn View Post
^..... your already on fucking insulin dude learn to eat like a tank and lift heavy
Old 04-07-2013, 05:36 PM   #25983
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
starting the P.H.A.T. program this week.

anybody here follow that too? any insights?

also vegas is 2 months away and i need to get leannnnn

doing intermittent fasting while cutting as well by eating only during dinner time
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:41 PM   #25984
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
please do not cycle
save yourself some time and wasted gains

edit: unless you are more jacked them me then cycle all you want
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-07-2013, 06:05 PM   #25985

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 View Post
please do not cycle
save yourself some time and wasted gains

edit: unless you are more jacked them me then cycle all you want
what do you mean? Give me some info lol..
Old 04-07-2013, 06:06 PM   #25986

The reason I didnt want to take anything else was because most things out there trim right off you after you come off the cycle.. HGH from what I know doesnt have this effect..
Old 04-07-2013, 06:13 PM   #25987
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
all i am saying is RS is the last place i would look for advice on how to cycle.
And going on any forum is the last place you want to look for cycle advice. What if someone gave you bull shit advice and fucked over you cycle. Best bet is to talk to people who do it and actually have a grasp of doing a cycle and know there shit
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-07-2013, 07:45 PM   #25988
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
Bench Press fitness challenge is over tonight at 12:00pm, get your videos in guys!

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-07-2013, 07:46 PM   #25989
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHMadness View Post
The reason I didnt want to take anything else was because most things out there trim right off you after you come off the cycle.. HGH from what I know doesnt have this effect..

How about you stop being lazy and go do your research on Anabolics because you clearly don't know shit, I'd want to know exactly how a hormone works before putting it in my body , read up then ask the questions about the micros and we'll gladly answer them in the Celltech thread.

torrent anabolics 2009.
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:18 PM   #25990

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:

to me, that looks like its too soft/has too much compression to be effective
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:23 PM   #25991
J.C
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,790 Times in 592 Posts
i like this one
Trigger Point - The Grid: Fitness Town | Your Fitness Equipment Experts

they have them at my gym
theyre so good
J.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:58 PM   #25992

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0uie69 View Post
you could also just get a pvc pipe if you wanna cheap out lol

just remember, the traditional foam rollers eventually wear out and become soft after time. thats why i prefer rumble rollers or trigger
Went to a couple of new housing projects, these guys had no scraps lying around. .. Upper back is so tight from getting back into my routine these days. Guess I'm just going to buy one at home depot.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:40 PM   #25993

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
Quote:

invest in a rumble roller.. so much more durable and helpful

just checking in again, looks like several people got hurt in a short time frame.. hope you all get a speedy recovery
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-07-2013, 10:52 PM   #25994

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykn View Post

How about you stop being lazy and go do your research on Anabolics because you clearly don't know shit, I'd want to know exactly how a hormone works before putting it in my body , read up then ask the questions about the micros and we'll gladly answer them in the Celltech thread.

torrent anabolics 2009.

LOL - stop assuming I dont know shit.. I did do some research. The only thing I am curious about is experience.. I would have thought that someone in this forum knew about cycles and sups thats the only reason I posted.. holy shit.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:15 PM   #25995

Thanked 2,051 Times in 676 Posts
Thanks for the input guys.

I was thinking the standard foam roller would do a better job since it's longer, but didn't how it would wear out in the long run.

I also love the Trigger Point, had that at my old high school.
Fcukedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:55 PM   #25996
kwy

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
stretch marks are back

kwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:34 AM   #25997
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
anyone here ever have ac joint problems? (if so what exercises did you do to help it?)

back in august i mangled mine up, dr told me to take a few weeks off while stretching to get my ROM back. i stretch it out every day and after a few days the pain is completely gone, but when i work out, instant pain.

this has been almost 8 months now and my dr keeps telling me i need more ROM, and to start swimming to ease myself back into going to the gym..but everything i do seems to still hurt. everything ive read, people seem to only have pain for 3-6 weeks...but 8 months....am i doing something wrong here or does my body just fucking hate me???
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-08-2013, 10:26 AM   #25998
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
anyone here ever have ac joint problems? (if so what exercises did you do to help it?)

back in august i mangled mine up, dr told me to take a few weeks off while stretching to get my ROM back. i stretch it out every day and after a few days the pain is completely gone, but when i work out, instant pain.

this has been almost 8 months now and my dr keeps telling me i need more ROM, and to start swimming to ease myself back into going to the gym..but everything i do seems to still hurt. everything ive read, people seem to only have pain for 3-6 weeks...but 8 months....am i doing something wrong here or does my body just fucking hate me???
Nothing wrong with your body, this is obviously a very common problem.. Every 5-10 pages there's bound to be someone posting about joint problems (knee, shoulder, hip, elbow, etc). What I'm trying to say is, you're not alone!

Swimming obviously is NOT good enough of a transition back into lifting weights.. You're talking about exercising in the water with minimal resistance and then jumping right back into weights (it's not sport specific at all) and you'll just end up right where you started. I'm sure there are numerous ways to incorporate the swimming/water with a rehab program, but it sounds to me like you're entirely left in the dark with that type of information

What kind of doctor are you seeing? If its a regular family physician, he won't even be able to fully assess the mechanics of the injury itself, let alone providing you with ACTUAL useful information to rehab the injury.

Often times, joint injuries occur because the individual is engaging in activities that are physically straining on the joint, without the proper stabilization of it. This meaning, the muscles surrounding your joint are often too weak to be able to support the bigger and stronger muscles that its having to move (and often times, the extra weight that your lifting)

Chances are, you're also pretty tight in certain areas, so that's also limiting your ROM and your mobility. I'm not in a position to be able to assess that, neither is anyone else in this forum - there is a difference between having a medical professional physically perform an analysis on you and reading shit online to confuse yourself even more.

However, if you need certain exercises to strengthen the muscles innervating that joint, feel free to gimme a PM. There are many exercises out there to help with your problem, but until the mechanics of the injury is understood, just doing any sort of exercise may have a chance of adding detriment to your injury.

Highly recommend seeing a kinesiologist/physio/chiro that knows what they are doing and aren't just simply telling you to "stretch it out (there are proper and improper ways to stretch) or swim to ease yourself back into weightlifting". That's the right direction to take!

Hope you have a speedy recovery, and I'd suggest staying off from the weight lifting for now.

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.

Last edited by instantneedles; 04-08-2013 at 10:36 AM.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-08-2013, 12:03 PM   #25999

^ + 1 to all the above.

I had reoccurring AC joint pain. For me it was a muscular imbalance between my chest/delts vs my upper back. I did a lot of bench press and not enough upper/mid back work. As soon as I started spending more time on my upper back area (trapezius), the pain went away. Hope this helps!
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 04-08-2013, 12:15 PM   #26000

Quote:
Thanks for the input guys.

I was thinking the standard foam roller would do a better job since it's longer, but didn't how it would wear out in the long run.

I also love the Trigger Point, had that at my old high school.
Hey man! I was wrong about the size of my foam roller. It's actually 24 inches...