REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   Acne (https://www.revscene.net/forums/659367-acne.html)

see.lai 12-11-2011 03:30 PM

Acne

So I'm considering having Photodynamic Therapy or Smoothbeam laser treatment. They're both some type of laser surgery I think.

Has anybody tried this? I was just looking for alternatives from using accutane and they all linked me to laser surgery.

Thanks in advanced

Will edit my post later when I'm home
Posted via RS Mobile

cruz-in 02-03-2012 02:31 PM

i used to have alot of acne on my back but when i started getting tans (tanning booth) it went away. dunno if that would help you though. depends how severe your case is

FishTaco 02-03-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruz-in (Post 7784662)
i used to have alot of acne on my back but when i started getting tans (tanning booth) it went away. dunno if that would help you though. depends how severe your case is

How old are you? Im 26 and still get acne on my back. :okay:

I find the same though, tanning/summer it clears up.

MeowMeow 02-03-2012 06:16 PM

PDT works really well
i have super bad acne. Like nothing works on me xept.laser stuff.
Pdt cleared up my skin but just sucks that u gotta wear clai mask when youre driving and cant be exposed to light 48hours
got three treatments done and everyone noticed my skin got waaaay better
Posted via RS Mobile

ruthless 02-04-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeowMeow (Post 7784895)
PDT works really well
i have super bad acne. Like nothing works on me xept.laser stuff.
Pdt cleared up my skin but just sucks that u gotta wear clai mask when youre driving and cant be exposed to light 48hours
got three treatments done and everyone noticed my skin got waaaay better
Posted via RS Mobile

How much and where?
Any side effects/harms of PDT?
Does PDT remove scars too?

I'm currently taking Accutane for my backne, and acne on my forehead. Its definitely working but dries the fuck outta my skin/lips, which is a common side-effect.. Stopped taking it for 3 weeks in December and it came back (forehead). Been on it almost 5 months.

MeowMeow 02-04-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruthless (Post 7786125)
How much and where?
Any side effects/harms of PDT?
Does PDT remove scars too?

I'm currently taking Accutane for my backne, and acne on my forehead. Its definitely working but dries the fuck outta my skin/lips, which is a common side-effect.. Stopped taking it for 3 weeks in December and it came back (forehead). Been on it almost 5 months.

MC medical spa in north van (had some promotion and brought my mom& her friend. got some other stuff for free)
your face MAY scab for a week and turn bright tomato red. Especially if you expose yourself to light
i think i paid 990 for three treatments.

What kind of scars are you talking about? red spots or those meteor like carved scars?
I actually talked to my dr about it and he said gemini works for redness and triple fraxel for those carved up like scars (but honestly my mom didnt benefit much from fraxel)

my dr charges 80 for consultation though (but he will give it back to u as credit if u get treatments done unlike dr wong from richmond laser who charges 40)

dr wong is good too btw. Xept he is super pricey...
Posted via RS Mobile

jack3d 02-05-2012 11:09 PM

Have you tried antibiotics? Like Doxycycline? worked for me

cdizzle_996 02-06-2012 06:12 AM

I used to get acne on my back. I tried several things over the years. One day I bought a different laundry detergent and never looked back. I would get boils on my shoulders, and pimples all over. Obviously there was some thing in the detergent that was causing this.
Posted via RS Mobile

K-bad 02-06-2012 02:46 PM

A good habit for back acne is changing your shirts more often and keeping your bed sheets clean, as in changing them every couple of days. What I did when i was younger to help my back was cleaning my back with facial toner after a shower to dry out the acne.

PJ 02-06-2012 04:37 PM

I'm 22 now, and last year I had pretty bad acne. Proactiv, creams, scrubs, nothing worked. Lot of people said diet and cleaning pillowcase more often and whatever, but it never worked for me. I mean, if medicated creams didn't work, I don't think changing your bed sheets would help.

I didn't wanna take accutane for the side effects. My doctor said there's antibiotics i can take which can help. Luckily it worked for me. I still get acne, but no where near as bad as it was last year.

Different skin types need different things. I personally would never turn to accutane because of the uncertain side effects.

Question - are laser treatments for people who are currently still getting acne? or is it more of a scar treatment?

EndLeSS8 02-06-2012 11:23 PM

I used Minocycline for years. Worked for me. No acne now.
Dr. Dodd on West Broadway.