REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 11-12-2012, 11:28 AM   #76
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Sorry to steer away from the topic at hand, but I wanted to reiterate pinkeye's point as to why Rexall would post a public job offer to a position that they agreed to give pharmacy students through a verbal agreement. Is it so they can find the most suitable person for that position? I heard rumors that they flaked out on 4 graduate students last year. Any confirmations?

Sakki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:57 AM   #77
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha13 View Post
My mother has rheumatoid arthritis and is now on Remicade. However because of her past medical history of TB, she is required to take Isoniazid. The doctor said she has to be on it for 5 months ( she has been on for over 1 month ) but lately she has been experiencing severe headaches, high blood pressure, and nausea. She believes it is Isoniazid's side effects and the doctor does not seem to believe so. My question to you is, is there any thing we can do to alleviate the side effects? I read on wiki that it metabolize in the liver and creates a toxic by-product which is linked to hepatitis thus the side effects. Thanks!
1.try consulting another doctor.
2.if your mom is short like mine, the dosage may vary. weight also affects this.
3.you might want to counter what she eats to regulate side effects
(my dad had rheumatoid arthritis connected to gout from working too much; so he countered all his food intake. eg. less uric acid on all foods. avoiding pork products. but he stuffed himself with chicken. hes more buff than i am)
4. instead of relying on drugs alone (you should start relying on her own capability.) my mom started to work out she used to be 230.. now shes 160.. her high blood pressure is way lower now. her arthritis is going away. her medical dosage is 2x less than it used to be.
5. if this is a weight related problem, start being a better son. convince her to lose weight. i have a background for behavior and convincing so if you need help with this.. pm me
LookitsMarkA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:00 PM   #78
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakki View Post
Sorry to steer away from the topic at hand, but I wanted to reiterate pinkeye's point as to why Rexall would post a public job offer to a position that they agreed to give pharmacy students through a verbal agreement. Is it so they can find the most suitable person for that position? I heard rumors that they flaked out on 4 graduate students last year. Any confirmations?
Protect yourself by getting the offer in writing, that should be a no-brainer.
truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 03:42 PM   #79
RS Lurker, I don't post!

It's expected of Rexall. The contracts will change, the conditions will change and you may not get a job offer at all. If you float, you will be floating for a long time. A VERY LONG TIME. Read the contract, you will see. There is no clause that they will give you a Vancouver store after working a few years. THINK. How many people are ahead of you? People from 2008 are STILL FLOATING. Lots of promises are made in the beginning to get you to work for them. Once you signed in, you will SEE how they really are. You already see a glimpse of their true character by all of the things that they are doing. Is the MONEY worth it for you to be away from your friends and family for an UNKNOWN number of years?

I'm still in Vancouver Island looking for my way back to Vancouver and I graduated many years ago

Any of you still floating? What year did you grad?

Last edited by ACURA; 11-23-2012 at 03:47 PM.
ACURA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:27 AM   #80
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Sorry to revive an old topic but I thought I'd give an update (ACURA I hope you're still around ) I chose to work for an independent company instead which worked to my advantage as I have more flexibility and freedom than any of my other classmates who are currently working for big chains such as SDM and Safeway. I was even offered to be on the Board of Directors position which I turned down due to several reasons regarding liability.

Are there any updates on the current job market? I'm seeing many job postings on the BCPhA website. I've also heard some good things about Pharmasave. Thoughts?
Sakki is offline   Reply With Quote