REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 12-16-2011, 06:39 AM   #1
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
[Confidential] Should I try to work it out or break it off?

The following post is from an anonymous member. If they would like to reply to any replies please pm me.

So Ive been dating this girl for about 6 months now. We are both 29 years old. I was recently on vacation for 3 weeks where getting in touch with her was dam near impossible and she knew that but when i got back she was mad at me for not trying hard enough to communicate with her. Anyways she reemed me out saying she only gets to see me a couple times in a 6 week period (Me being on Vacay for 3 weeks, Both of us in town for 1 week and then She being on Vacay for 2 weeks). She told me communication is key which i agree but i hate the everyday mindless chatter over the phone where we talk about useless stuff. Id rather talk to each other in person maybe 3 times a week so conversation doesnt get boring.

So she says "maybe communication isnt important to you but its important to me and you know what? i dont think sex is important. I can go on not having sex but i know its important to you so thats why we do it" That made me think why im with a girl that doesnt care for it. I know she enjoys the oral side of it, but not the penetration side of it. So it made me alil pissed off inside and it got me thinking about everything she does that pisses me off, and it starting to outweigh the things that made me like her.

The stuff i hate
-I pay for dinner all the time (she offered to pay once and i let her, and later in the day she said "i cant believe u let me pay for dinner)
-Shes not really humble (she likes to talk about how smart she is, and how good she is at all theses things)
-Shes not really good in the sack(im kinda big for her so it kinda hurts for her)
-Shes not a party girl or drinker at all, where im a party guy and the biggest drinker
-She has some minor health issues that can be a problem down the line if we get really serious
-She got nothing for my birthday (No im not Gnomes)

The Stuff i Like
-She is a friendly person. My friends and family like her and she likes them
-I told her i dont like clingy girlfriends, i like gfs who have there own lives and can be indepedant. So far she has been.

Wow thats all i can think of, but i do like spending time with her just not everyday, i believe she feels the same way. I honestly dont believe she is the one but i could be totally wrong cause this is my longest relationship ive had so i dont know what i should be feeling at this point. Should i try harder or break it off b4 the holidays so she can move on

RS i need some advice

*edit
please keep in mind Tachycardia is posting on BEHALF of the person asking for help.

She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.

Last edited by k2_alpha; 12-17-2011 at 03:12 PM.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-16-2011, 07:45 AM   #2
Need my Daily Fix of RS

lol as you've both agreed, communication is key find a way to communicate with her to balance our both your needs in a way everyone is happy.

also just imo, differences between one another is what keeps a relationship interesting lol having too many similarities ends up with you dating yourself lol
yot065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:27 AM   #3
How I Mod your mother

From that long list of dislikes, I think you just answered your own question.
Why would you keep dating someone that scores in the negatives on your points card?
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:43 AM   #4
MoD

Thanked 1,805 Times in 227 Posts
If I were you I would just break up.
You have only been with her for 6 months and she is already playing the no sex card.
Especially with the list of dislikes, it's time to go.
The ties aren't that deep yet,it is easier now than later
Posted via RS Mobile
k2_alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:58 AM   #5
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,619 Times in 378 Posts
I wouldv instantly broken up with her over the first dislike
Glove is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-16-2011, 11:30 AM   #6
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

She's not a giver, and is very controlling from what you've told us. However there are always two perspectives to this so I'm not coming to conclusions at all. I don't believe that you should break up just for these little details because you're just treating her like an object: is she good for me, etc. If you don't FEEL anything for her, then break up; it's not worth your time.

These traits that you've listed out for her should be considered in the long term, as in if you planned to marry her and if she's wife material. Where it stands I just say have fun.
Lamboda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 11:45 AM   #7
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,669 Times in 147 Posts
6 months and already a no sex card? I am sure everyone on revscene will be like
sindragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:07 PM   #8
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
You're toast.

If, at 6 months, you are already thinking of crashing out, then you may as well, because it isn't suddenly going to get any better the longer it goes.

She's not suddenly gonna crave the cock, or pick up the tab occasionally without bitching about it or any of the other things on your list.

Seems to me that she's looking for a beta. Someone that kind of plays along with her game.

Serious question: She's really hot isn't she? And I'd suspect she knows it too.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:13 PM   #9
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
You already second guessing yourself at 6 months.. You've pointed out that the bads outweigh the goods. Your annoyed with most of the stuff she does by the sounds of it..

The real question is:

Why are you still thinking you could make things work? A relationship is a 2-way street, either you BOTH work, or you don't work.

Options:
1) Talk with her and bring up all this shit that annoys you.
2) Break up.

Good luck bud.
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:25 PM   #10
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
This is what I hear (read):

-She is 29, but acts like she is 19
-You are not good enough
-She doesn't want to fuck you, but only does it so she can control you
-She is selfish and you don't give/buy her enough shit to keep her happy
-You don't like her as much as you want to because you are concerned her medical conditions are going to be a pain in your ass. If this was "the one", it would not matter.
-She is a bitch.

DTMFA.

You are 29! You should be in an adult relationship!
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:56 PM   #11
Summertime Sadness

Thanked 2,911 Times in 648 Posts
You said it yourself, she ain't the one. The list from the stuff you like is pretty minor and relatively general, and the right one for you will definitely have those characteristics and many more, minus most if not all from your dislike list.

Walk away now.

Serious question: She's asian isn't she...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove View Post
I wouldv instantly broken up with her over the first dislike
+1

29 years old and complaining bout paying for 1 fucking dinner? If she don't wanna pay, tell her to learn to fucking cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
DTMFA.
Dump This Mother Fucker Already?

[15-01, 11:33] ICE BOY i'm going to wrap my dick in a crepe and make you suck the filling

[[09-10, 11:34] ICE BOY liquor in the front, poker in the rear

Last edited by LSF22; 12-16-2011 at 02:27 PM.
LSF22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:09 PM   #12
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
^ yep. ("this" or "the")
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:20 PM   #13
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

number 1 on disklike
hsh4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:37 PM   #14
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,352 Times in 263 Posts
I thought it was Dump the Motherfucking Asshole LOL
guddagudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 03:00 PM   #15
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Lol would have dumped after the first dislike you have.. If she has a job which I assume, 1 meal shouldn't be anything too much. Especially since you pay the other times.
Posted via RS Mobile
dyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 03:02 PM   #16
NLY
Helps you change your flat, doesn't hit on your girlfriend while doing so

Thanked 1,756 Times in 278 Posts
Quote:
So Ive been dating this girl for about 6 months now. We are both 29 years old. I was recently on vacation for 3 weeks where getting in touch with her was dam near impossible and she knew that but when i got back she was mad at me for not trying hard enough to communicate with her. Anyways she reemed me out saying she only gets to see me a couple times in a 6 week period (Me being on Vacay for 3 weeks, Both of us in town for 1 week and then She being on Vacay for 2 weeks). She told me communication is key which i agree but i hate the everyday mindless chatter over the phone where we talk about useless stuff. Id rather talk to each other in person maybe 3 times a week so conversation doesnt get boring.

The Stuff i Like
-I told her i dont like clingy girlfriends, i like gfs who have there own lives and can be indepedant. So far she has been.

Wow thats all i can think of, but i do like spending time with her just not everyday, i believe she feels the same way. I honestly dont believe she is the one but i could be totally wrong cause this is my longest relationship ive had so i dont know what i should be feeling at this point. Should i try harder or break it off b4 the holidays so she can move on
sounds pretty clingy to me.

you could either break up with her now and save yourself time/money

OR

spend more time/money over the holidays, new years and any other occasion complimented with no sex

2016-2017 Revscene Fantasy Basketball Champion

Last edited by NLY; 12-16-2011 at 03:08 PM.
NLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 03:05 PM   #17
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,312 Times in 961 Posts
damn... for a 29 year old to NOT pay for shit wtf is wrong with you.

Here are the 3 Cs. Cook, Clean and Caregiving. I can cook and I can clean so all i look for is someone that's caregiving.

I JUST dumped my gf today because of that. I treat her like a princess but when I need something done, don't give me the "I don't feel like it" I dont' feel like washing toilets but I do it cause I know it makes you happy. You better don't say "i don't feel like having sex".... cuse i just dont' feel like it.

I try to be a selfless person to put her first; for a relationship to work you need to be selfless also. You can't be a selfish person.

word of advice, my gf is super independent, to a point where she can disappear for days on end which is gay ass. It's called a relationship. I am not your booty call, i am not your activity partner. If you want someone to care for you, you have to put out. You want the best, you need to give it your best.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 03:10 PM   #18
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
damn... for a 29 year old to NOT pay for shit wtf is wrong with you.

Here are the 3 Cs. Cook, Clean and Caregiving. I can cook and I can clean so all i look for is someone that's caregiving.

I JUST dumped my gf today because of that. I treat her like a princess but when I need something done, don't give me the "I don't feel like it" I dont' feel like washing toilets but I do it cause I know it makes you happy. You better don't say "i don't feel like having sex".... cuse i just dont' feel like it.

I try to be a selfless person to put her first; for a relationship to work you need to be selfless also. You can't be a selfish person.

word of advice, my gf is super independent, to a point where she can disappear for days on end which is gay ass. It's called a relationship. I am not your booty call, i am not your activity partner. If you want someone to care for you, you have to put out. You want the best, you need to give it your best.
Qft couldn't be said better.. Will thank you when I get home lol
Posted via RS Mobile
dyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 05:36 PM   #19
Glorious Gaming PC Master Race

A vagina can push a kid out and she says your Dick is too big? More like shes just not interested in you .walk away.
Old 12-16-2011, 11:14 PM   #20
Rs has made me the man i am today!

You can pretty much dump her because of the first reason alone. If she's complaining about paying for one meal then I'd be scare to think what it's like to live with her.
Dinan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 11:29 PM   #21
-Stare-

Thanked 8,013 Times in 648 Posts
walk away. dont look back.
ShadowBun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 07:59 AM   #22
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachycardia! View Post
The following post is from an anonymous member. If they would like to reply to any replies please pm me.

So she says "maybe communication isnt important to you but its important to me and you know what? i dont think sex is important. I can go on not having sex but i know its important to you so thats why we do it" That made me think why im with a girl that doesnt care for it. I know she enjoys the oral side of it, but not the penetration side of it. So it made me alil pissed off inside and it got me thinking about everything she does that pisses me off, and it starting to outweigh the things that made me like her.

The stuff i hate
-I pay for dinner all the time (she offered to pay once and i let her, and later in the day she said "i cant believe u let me pay for dinner)
-Shes not really humble (she likes to talk about how smart she is, and how good she is at all theses things)
-Shes not really good in the sack(im kinda big for her so it kinda hurts for her)
-Shes not a party girl or drinker at all, where im a party guy and the biggest drinker
-She has some minor health issues that can be a problem down the line if we get really serious
-She got nothing for my birthday (No im not Gnomes)

The Stuff i Like

RS i need some advice
Holy f*ck are you dating my ex??? Does her name start with a letter 'J' ???

2013 Lexus IS350 F-Sport (Melbourne)
too_slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 08:16 AM   #23
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,312 Times in 961 Posts
Just so you know a girl that's 29 will start to lose marketability. Men.. enough said. You never have an issue with an old guy with girls. Girls are a dime a dozen. You WILL see girls that are lonely as shit, rich, but lonely as shit. You can't BUY guys. It just doesn't happen. You'll see a girl being so patient with an ugly guy and having the guy win the girl over because of his actions and his personality. You will NEVER see a guy saying "i'mgoing to give the ugly girl a chance since she's so nice to me".

When a girl hits 30, she'll realize damn, where are all the guys? 1) they are all married or they are gay. 2) What happened to all the people trying to ask me out? What happened to having guys being patient with me and wanting to talk to me? THEY ARE ALL GONE. It's cause you ain't in your 20s when everyone is trying to get into your pants.

Where are all the guysthat's wiling to pay for my shit.. GOOD fooking luck, we ain't in high school no more.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-17-2011, 09:21 AM   #24
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,123 Posts
I don't really have much to add except to say that probably what's keeping you from dumping this woman is that she's acceptable to your family (i.e. she's meek and she's pretty.) Like most Chinese guys, your girlfriend has to pass the "mom test" so that she can brag to all of her friends how good looking her son's girlfriend-wife-to-be is. I know - I have a mom like this. Or, perhaps your own ego is being stroked by being with this woman (i.e. your girlfriend is hotter than your friends' girlfriends.) I know - I've been there too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
Just so you know a girl that's 29 will start to lose marketability. Men.. enough said. You never have an issue with an old guy with girls. Girls are a dime a dozen. You WILL see girls that are lonely as shit, rich, but lonely as shit. You can't BUY guys. It just doesn't happen. You'll see a girl being so patient with an ugly guy and having the guy win the girl over because of his actions and his personality. You will NEVER see a guy saying "i'mgoing to give the ugly girl a chance since she's so nice to me".
IMHO, this doesn't really apply to Asian women because they age far more gracefully until about the age of 40 (when shit really goes downhill - freckles, etc.) There's an excess supply of Asian men around, so an Asian woman will always have attention until about 40-45.

And about men always having women around - that only applies if you take care of yourself. I've seen enough men who look like shit under the age of 30.

Last edited by Tapioca; 12-17-2011 at 10:39 AM.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 10:56 AM   #25
VLS Head Mod

Wow complaining over buying one meal, I just spent 200 last night taking the guy im dating out for dinner and the bar/ pub afterwards for his birthday. Apparently that never happened in the 10 years of being with his ex. WTF is with the majority of lower mainland women :s
Posted via RS Mobile
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: