REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   chicken breast (https://www.revscene.net/forums/659731-chicken-breast.html)

JF. 12-17-2011 03:41 PM

chicken breast

i wanna know what kind of seasoning u guys use for pan frying a chicken breast and or show a picture of your dish.

this person uses cookie crumbs... i dont think that would taste good.. lol

willystyle 12-17-2011 04:11 PM

Why chicken breast? Chicken thigh is cheaper and tastier.

However, if I was gonna pan fry a chicken breast w/skin, I would brine it overnight (salt, brown sugar, water, whole cloves, thyme, garlic), then dry it with paper towel, skin-side down on a hot pan with olive oil, then immediately turn down the heat to low, leave it there for 10 min, flip, then finish it off for another 10 min on low. This would give u a nice golden crisp on the skin.

OR

Prepare a marinade with 2 tsp of oregano, 4 cloves of chopped garlic, half a lemon juice (i use a whole), 1/4 cup of olive oil, 3 tsp of sea salt, 1 tsp of fresh cracked pepper with 9 boneless chicken thighs. Marinade for a few hrs in the fridge or overnight. Use the same cooking method above and you will have some pretty tasty and crispy thighs.

s300ae 12-17-2011 04:13 PM

i just use the clubhouse "garlic plus" seasoning to pan fry it.
quick and easy. tastes delicious.

cho 12-17-2011 04:34 PM

salt and pepper that bad boy

skin side down till crispy, put whole pan in oven, about 12 mins at 400, take it out, knob of butter and glaze the breast with it, good to go

SkinnyPupp 12-17-2011 05:29 PM

Only way I eat chicken breast is if I am eating a whole chicken. The breast is the worst tasting, worst quality meat. There's no point in choosing it over other cuts of the chicken.

willystyle 12-17-2011 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 7729816)
Only way I eat chicken breast is if I am eating a whole chicken. The breast is the worst tasting, worst quality meat. There's no point in choosing it over other cuts of the chicken.

Not to mention, the most expensive cut.

Culture_Vulture 12-17-2011 06:04 PM

I'd never eat chicken breast unless it's pounded to shit. As somebody mentioned, thighs are much cheaper and much tastier. Sure it's a little bit more fatty, but white meats are generally not too bad to begin with anyways.

SkinnyPupp 12-17-2011 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Culture_Vulture (Post 7729875)
I'd never eat chicken breast unless it's pounded to shit. As somebody mentioned, thighs are much cheaper and much tastier. Sure it's a little bit more fatty, but white meats are generally not too bad to begin with anyways.

+ most of the nutrition (vitamins, minerals) is in the fat and dark meat. + fat is good for you. Just eat less of it if you are trying to lose weight.

Manic! 12-17-2011 07:22 PM

Lemon pepper chicken

50/50 mix of oil and lemon juice
chopped onions
chopped jalapeno peppers
chopped garlic
salt
pepper

mix in a bowl, place in chicken, cover and marinate for 4 hours.
cook in a pan or oven.

JF. 12-18-2011 02:12 PM

Hmmmm I like this one ^
Posted via RS Mobile