REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   Where to buy suits in the states? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/659736-where-buy-suits-states.html)

Matlock 12-17-2011 05:07 PM

Where to buy suits in the states?

Hi, I am looking to buy a suit to wear to my cousin's wedding.

This weekend i am going to the outlets just south of the border and was wondering what stores would be a good place to shop for suits?

Under $300 would be good. Thanks.

dboy 12-17-2011 05:11 PM

Calvin Klein at Seattle Premium.

pastarocket 12-17-2011 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matlock (Post 7729785)
Hi, I am looking to buy a suit to wear to my cousin's wedding.

This weekend i am going to the outlets just south of the border and was wondering what stores would be a good place to shop for suits?

Under $300 would be good. Thanks.

A buddy of mine suggests the Jones New York outlet at Burlington.
Good suits there at reasonable prices. Under 300 bucks suits are available.

You're looking at a 1 hr 30 minute, excluding the border line up. Keep in mind that this outlet is not near the border.

I-5, exit 229.

Matlock 12-17-2011 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pastarocket (Post 7729799)

You're liking at a 1 hr 30 minute, excluding the border line up. Keep in mind that this outlet is not near the border.

I-5, exit 229.

Very cool, thanks. We usually drop by Burlington, but i've never noticed that store. Will definitely check it out.

Shades 12-18-2011 04:44 AM

Try Nordstrom Racks. Their suits are 30-60% from original and they're all arranged by size. If you're lucky, you find a good label in your size and at a good price.

Might need to do some tailoring when you come back.

bcrdukes 12-18-2011 01:06 PM

You can probably get a nice off-the-rack suit here at The Bay within your budget. Keep an eye out for sales and whatnot which happen quite often.

Matlock 12-19-2011 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pastarocket (Post 7729799)

You're looking at a 1 hr 30 minute, excluding the border line up. Keep in mind that this outlet is not near the border.

I-5, exit 229.

You got trolled and passed on the trolling to me. Jones New York only sells women's clothing... Unless, you thought I was a woman? I am a man!

No luck finding a good suit in the States. I figure I can wait until boxing day or whatever. I have until new year's eve.

m3thods 12-19-2011 02:02 PM

You can try Macy's. They had a 50% off all suits, discounted or not, when I got bought a couple.

trancehead 12-19-2011 03:20 PM

for under 300$, i dont think you can get too much quality wise.

so try get something that FITS most importantly.
go get it tailored

doesnt matter if its hugo boss or tom ford, if it doesnt fit...youll look like a 17 year old wearing his dads oversized suit for prom

Tapioca 12-19-2011 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcrdukes (Post 7730614)
You can probably get a nice off-the-rack suit here at The Bay within your budget. Keep an eye out for sales and whatnot which happen quite often.

The Bay downtown is a well-kept secret. They do carry Boss and when they have clearance sales, suits can be quite affordable.
Posted via RS Mobile

VrrM604 12-19-2011 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matlock (Post 7731781)
You got trolled and passed on the trolling to me. Jones New York only sells women's clothing... Unless, you thought I was a woman? I am a man!

No luck finding a good suit in the States. I figure I can wait until boxing day or whatever. I have until new year's eve.

I bought a men's Jones New York suit from Macys 2 years back, pretty good fit. I'm thinking that the actual store might only sell women's clothes though