REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 12-21-2011, 01:33 PM   #1
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

New Bell Promotion? Need Input Please.

I'm on the search for a new phone/plan. Been currently shopping at different phone carriers to see what they have to offer. I know that mobilicity has some killer promotions going on right now, but I have my heart set on the SGS2, which I know Mobilicity does not support.

But I found these 2 ads on craigslist from Bell dealers. Let me know what you guys think. Buy 1 phone get 1 free. The catch is 2 phones must be activated on "3 year contracts." I also don't understand what these "Port-in credits" are as well. If someone could clarify that up for me. I don't have a lot of free time to run to a dealer and ask questions. I'm planning to get a friend with me on this as well.

►►BUY 1 GET 1 FREE!,Galaxy Nexus,Galaxy S2,Blackberry9900 and more&a
BUY ONE GET ONE FREE All Smart Phones (Free Call ID Voice mail)

The plan consists of this:

$57/mon per line
350 min per person shared (multiple by the number of people activate)
Unlimited after 6pm
Unlimited weekends
Conference Calling
Call Waiting
Message Centre
Call Display
1000 Incoming minutes
Unlimited Member to member National
Unlimited Canadian Text Messaging
6G per person shared (multiple by the number of people activate)
►►$100►►Port-in Credits
+ 3 YEAR FREE LONG DISTANCE!!! (228 minutes per month)
Advertisement
thegentleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 02:11 PM   #2
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Basically for $100 port in credit is spread out over (10 mo x $10 each month), so you get $10 off your bill for 10 months. I believe there is another plan for $67 plan which is $360 port in credit so for the rest of the contract u get $10 off each month, which is basically the same as the $57.

Im pretty sure the buy 1 get 1 free deal is for 3 yr contract for voice and data with bell. Pretty sure its the small business deal which bell is promoting right now. But be warned, if you DO NOT have a small business and bell finds out (I heard they are auditing all these plans right now), they will charge you full price every month for the rest of the term however long u have left.
wingies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 02:12 PM   #3
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

SGS2 can be used on Mobilicity...
Posted via RS Mobile
Kilinim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 02:15 PM   #4
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
^Not the Bell one

Only the SGS2X Hercules can work on Mobilicity

In order to take advantage of this buy 1 get 1 free promo, you must activate 2 lines with Voice and Data. The port in credit means that if you bring in a number from another carrier, you will get $100 credited to your account
Old 12-21-2011, 04:50 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingies View Post
Basically for $100 port in credit is spread out over (10 mo x $10 each month), so you get $10 off your bill for 10 months. I believe there is another plan for $67 plan which is $360 port in credit so for the rest of the contract u get $10 off each month, which is basically the same as the $57.

Im pretty sure the buy 1 get 1 free deal is for 3 yr contract for voice and data with bell. Pretty sure its the small business deal which bell is promoting right now. But be warned, if you DO NOT have a small business and bell finds out (I heard they are auditing all these plans right now), they will charge you full price every month for the rest of the term however long u have left.
Oh wow. Would they try to hunt the guy who offered the plan to me? I'd hate to be paying full price for this kind of phone plan.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:37 PM   #6
HELP ME PLS!!!

Buy SGS2X from Telus then use it on Wind/Mobilicity?
willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:19 AM   #7
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingies View Post

100 port in credit is one time. That's for ALL small biz plans.
EXCEPT $65 plan which you are right, $10 discount for 36 months = $55/month
fetched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 04:51 AM   #8
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
NO... dont sign a contract... not for 3 years at least... i have a feeling things in the celluar market is going to change with 6 months at least...
Old 12-22-2011, 09:39 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by willystyle View Post
Buy SGS2X from Telus then use it on Wind/Mobilicity?
No FM radio. Also somewhat different design. I'm kind of picky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo View Post
NO... dont sign a contract... not for 3 years at least... i have a feeling things in the celluar market is going to change with 6 months at least...
Feeling anything in particular? I'm in dire need of a new phone. My current bb is a pos.