REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 12-27-2011, 12:14 PM   #1
My homepage has been set to RS

Cancun, Mexico All inclusive suggestions?

A group and I are planning a trip to Mexico in February, and are trying to find the best all inclusive resort to stay at for a week. Any intake is appreciated!
Advertisement
mc25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:23 PM   #2
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Peurto vaLata?
Cabo? Playa del carmen are some of the few places.
Posted via RS Mobile
DavidNguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:49 PM   #3
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,289 Times in 409 Posts
Puerto Vallarta you mean?
Posted via RS Mobile
Iceman-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:50 PM   #4
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,357 Times in 3,446 Posts
Stayed at the Riu Caribe and was a great place to stay in Cancun.

Hotel Riu Caribe in Cancun Mexico
Old 12-27-2011, 05:43 PM   #5

And those are cities, not resorts in Cancun…
Thanks Maniac, ill look into that.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:16 PM   #6
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Stayed in RIU Cancun before. It was awesome. Right in the middle of all the clubs. Walking distance to most.
EXV603 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-27-2011, 11:48 PM   #7

Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
Grand Sirenis - Not as good of a resort in terms of food or such, but you get your own concierge for every building which is very convenient. The beach was fantastic for corals and fish snorkeling and the drink waitresses are always around ready to take your order. Good service, good beach, not as good food, not as nice looking of a resort.

Grand Riviera Princess - Beautiful resort, best buffet restaurants, a la carte restaurants weren't as good as the buffet. Beach wasn't good and had no corals and very few fish to look at when snorkeling, boring. The beach also lacked drink waitresses and was very commercialized in terms of sales people bugging you all over the place. Concierge was all the way at the front of the resort which was inconvenient. FREE shuttles to Playa del Carmen. All though the food was awesome, I missed how personal the other resort felt in terms of customer service. I also missed the beautiful beach.

Need to figure out a resort that has good everything without an expensive price. I think on both trips I paid approximately $1000 all inclusive with flights.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:34 AM   #8
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,958 Times in 287 Posts
I stayed at "ME by Melia" in Cancun, very happy there.. I also stayed at Grand Oasis Viva beach, which is now called "Be Live" I think... part of the Oasis chain. It was acceptable for my first trip to Cancun.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...a3fc/event.png
MWR34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 02:03 PM   #9
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
Stay away from Puerto Vallarta! it was the shittiest holiday experience for me by far. Shitty hotel rooms/washrooms... Shitty restaurants... Shitty heat... Shitty weather... Shitty beaches...

But what might've really given me stronger feelings towards Puerto Vallarta was the fact that I was there during a crazy storm... They even had to block away the beaches cus the tide was pretty strong..

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-28-2011, 03:54 PM   #10
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

if you don't have to stay right in Cancun, and want to go south down the mayan riviera, stay at the Bahia Principe resort

really good food
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:46 PM   #11

I think we want to stay right in Cancun on the resort strip, it looks like we are leaning towards the higher end Oasis, we want to party and apparently thats the place haha
Old 01-02-2012, 04:50 PM   #12
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
^ is this a company trip?

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:07 PM   #13

No, purely pleasure for a group of friends.

Ive been reading online, and the Beach Palace and Crown Paradise are getting great reviews for food and drinks, etc…anyone hear anything of them?
Old 01-02-2012, 10:08 PM   #14
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matlock View Post
Grand Sirenis - Not as good of a resort in terms of food or such, but you get your own concierge for every building which is very convenient. The beach was fantastic for corals and fish snorkeling and the drink waitresses are always around ready to take your order. Good service, good beach, not as good food, not as nice looking of a resort.

Grand Riviera Princess - Beautiful resort, best buffet restaurants, a la carte restaurants weren't as good as the buffet. Beach wasn't good and had no corals and very few fish to look at when snorkeling, boring. The beach also lacked drink waitresses and was very commercialized in terms of sales people bugging you all over the place. Concierge was all the way at the front of the resort which was inconvenient. FREE shuttles to Playa del Carmen. All though the food was awesome, I missed how personal the other resort felt in terms of customer service. I also missed the beautiful beach.

Need to figure out a resort that has good everything without an expensive price. I think on both trips I paid approximately $1000 all inclusive with flights.
Which time of the year was your trips?

Did you just go through the usual expedia/flight centre options?
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:31 PM   #15
Old School RS

Thanked 3,932 Times in 1,198 Posts
What is your budget?

A huge thumbs up for El Dorado Royale... recently remodeled, adults only, and HANDS DOWN the best food of the 4 times I have been to Mexico.

All Inclusive Adult Only Resorts Cancun Mexico - Mexican Riviera Getaway - Gourmet Inclusive Mexico Adult Only Vacations - AAA Four Diamond Award Winning Hotel | Karisma Hotels & Resorts

Mark
Old 01-02-2012, 11:55 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
Which time of the year was your trips?

Did you just go through the usual expedia/flight centre options?
First trip was August 2010 - Very hot, sunny. Almost had sunstroke
Second trip was October 2011 - Raining half the time, sun the other half. Kinda mild.

For the first trip we used expedia. For the second trip we used Sunwing.

Sunwing was cheaper than other sites at the time and the whole trip was pretty good. The only thing that pissed my gf off was that when the price dropped she tried to go to their office downtown in Vancouver and it turned out to be a fake office. She tried calling and the woman over the phone didn't even seem to care. Bad customer service.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:23 AM   #17
PRINCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matlock View Post
Just came back from grand riviera princess. Don't ever go to that Mexican place for dinner, worst food I've ever had :X how can they go wrong with MEXICAN food at Mexico?!
And if you're in to party scene, definitely not a place to go to. Everyone's old and retired here. For a 5-days trip costed me $1400 (peak season+last minute booking cuz it was my friend's sister's wedding). Overall I liked the resort though. My room was junior deluxe suite and it was BIG for two girls. We had an extra bed that came in pretty handy at the end. My other friend stayed at platinum room in sunset side which was more expensive but room-size wise, ours was bigger (guess all the extra charges on them were for wi-fi, outdoor zakuzi which is really unneccessary, private lounge services and other perks) Just wished there were more younger people.
Posted via RS Mobile
MeowMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:53 AM   #18
Kick' In' Duh' Bass

Thanked 1,692 Times in 405 Posts
I would also recommend Riu Cancun or even RIU palace if you wanna spend a few hundred more. Great Food, Service and walking distance from downtown

> 2005 Acura TSX ASPEC <
> 2003 Acura RSX-S <
> 1994 Acura Intergra LS <
> 1994 Honda Civic SI <
> 1991 Acura Integra GS < ( RIP )
-EuroRSN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:14 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowMeow View Post
Just came back from grand riviera princess. Don't ever go to that Mexican place for dinner, worst food I've ever had :X how can they go wrong with MEXICAN food at Mexico?!
Posted via RS Mobile
For some reason both resorts I've been to have been flops on the a la carte Mexican foods. If you want real good Mexican food go to Carbonitas in Playa del Carmen. Awesome restaurant, we went there twice last trip. Big servings, tastes delicious, and cheap.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:43 PM   #20
PRINCESS

Forgot which restaurant I went to but restaurants at playa del Carmen deff tasted waaaaaay better. Super pricey though...
Posted via RS Mobile
MeowMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:00 AM   #21
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

I'm heading to the Dreams Resort in Tulum. It's costing me $1650 (which seems like a LOT for Mexico) but it's le gf's aunt's wedding....

Anyone been there before?
JKam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:30 AM   #22
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I hear Riu Cancun is pretty good, the food and quality of hotel apparently is pretty good. Also, it's not like the Oasis where it's 24/7 party central, but at the Riu Cancun they have younger people as well, but maybe just a bit more mature then Oasis. Also it's walking distance to all the clubs.

I'm planning a trip for a Cancun stag this July for about 15 guys, anyone know of a travel agent/agency that gives good groups discounts?
MASTER_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:56 AM   #23
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 5,158 Times in 579 Posts
looking for an all inclusive or flight+hotel for 2 ppl under 1000? what sites do you guys use
Chronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:37 AM   #24
Old School RS

Thanked 3,932 Times in 1,198 Posts
All of the websites have access to the exact same packages and pricing, they are the same down to the penny. I used Red-Tag to do my homework simply because I liked their interface and how they make it easy to see the included taxes: Vacation Packages

OTOH, $500 taxes in is not much for a 1 week in Mexico, even though prices are much cheaper now than they would be a few weeks ago. I don't know if you'll be able to find anything at all... You may want to be a little flexible with the budget as you may end up finding that you really can get a much nicer place for only a few hundred bucks. Also, I'd look at Cuba and Dominican, while Mexico is a bit nicer, these places are also considerably cheaper and have way less taxes on the trip, which adds up. The typical Mexico trip has around $300-$350 per person in taxes and most of the Cuba vacations are sub $100.

Mark
Old 01-20-2012, 11:31 AM   #25

Hey guys. So it looks like we are going to book the Grand Oasis in Cancun, it looks like its going to be $1450 from Victoria. Anyone have any experience with this resort???

I have been comparing itravel2000, travelocity, and expedia. So far itravel2000 has the lowest rate (they apparently even have lowest price guaranteed or free?) plus you earn Petro Points on your flight.