REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Member's Support Area / Suggestions Box / Website Bugs (https://www.revscene.net/forums/members-support-area-suggestions-box-website-bugs_99/)
-   -   Thread keeps getting removed (Why?) (https://www.revscene.net/forums/660318-thread-keeps-getting-removed-why.html)

V4NC1TY 12-28-2011 11:33 AM

Thread keeps getting removed (Why?)

Hey guys, weird thing keeps happening ...
I posted a thread last week trying to sell a jacket, but it got removed. Didn't know why, but I posted the same thread yesterday and it got 'closed' again.

Here was what my thread looked like:

Spoiler!

I'm just trying to sell a jacket ... and it gets removed twice, without notice. I'm not gonna learn anything if you don't tell me how I'm in the wrong :confused:
Who's been removing it? :suspicious: Please tell me what I violated here, 'cause I can't see what's wrong :fulloffuck:
Thanks

** Edit: @Cr33pUh I posted it in the USED Fashion & Cosmetics Alley ONLY. That is where everybody sells their clothing, yes?

@fsy82 Yes, my exact title was FS: BNWT G-Star Arctic Overshirt in Ice White (Small)

Cr33pUh 12-28-2011 11:36 AM

Try posting in the correct forum.

fsy82 12-28-2011 11:36 AM

did you put a "FS" in your title?

fsy82 12-28-2011 11:37 AM

or message the mod that is responsible for that section

Lomac 12-28-2011 11:40 AM

You posted right in your first post why it was deleted... Read the name of the forum then your thread title...
Posted via RS Mobile

Araaadi 12-28-2011 11:42 AM

you aren't allowed to sell brand new items with tags. read the rules it's clearly there.

woob 12-28-2011 11:42 AM

Maybe because the forum is for used clothing and you're selling an item that is brand new?

V4NC1TY 12-28-2011 11:45 AM

^ but there are other people selling BNWT stuff too ... :suspicious:

CRS 12-28-2011 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V4NC1TY (Post 7740739)
^ but there are other people selling BNWT stuff too ... :suspicious:

But officer! There are other people who are speeding as well...

:suspicious:

Go report their posts and they'll get shut down/points too!

xilley 12-28-2011 02:29 PM

wheres my Thanks and Fail Button for this thread !!

V4NC1TY 12-28-2011 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRS (Post 7740881)
But officer! There are other people who are speeding as well...

I'm just wondering why mine specifically gets removed (twice), while other people's threads are still up. Are people blind, or does my thread just stand out more? :suspicious:
I know some mods probably hate me (I don't know why), but closing my thread? Really?

Quote:

Originally Posted by xilley (Post 7740901)
wheres my Thanks and Fail Button for this thread !!

lmfao goof, all you care about are Thanks and Fails. I'm just asking for some help and insight. Take your immature shit elsewhere

MindBomber 12-28-2011 02:43 PM

You're on a forum, the moderators are volunteers not paid employees, you can't expect every thread which violates rules will be caught and closed. Like CRS said, if it bothers you that there are threads in violation of the rules currently up, report the post and they'll be closed or deleted as well.

If you'd read through the B&S rules before you ever made the thread, well..

Soundy 12-28-2011 02:52 PM

Cut the tags off, wear it once, then post as used. Problem solved.

Not really racist! 12-28-2011 04:04 PM

OP gonna be bitter and report everybody's posts/threads now lmao.

V4NC1TY 12-28-2011 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not really racist! (Post 7741009)

LOL no I'm not that kind of person; I've never reported anybody. I actually read the rules for that forum and saw that sales of brand new items were prohibited; but everybody didn't abide by it, so I assumed that the rule was outdated.

I guess I know why my threads were deleted then :considered: but something still feels sketchy

Sky_High 12-28-2011 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V4NC1TY (Post 7740719)
Didn't know why, but I posted the same thread yesterday and it got 'closed' again.

old thread got "closed" for some reason ... so re-posting.
to mods: if my thread violates a rule, please tell me what I did wrong so I could fix it

I'm just trying to sell a jacket ... and it gets removed twice, without notice. I'm not gonna learn anything if you don't tell me how I'm in the wrong :confused:
Who's been removing it? :suspicious: Please tell me what I violated here, 'cause I can't see what's wrong :fulloffuck:
Thanks

http://www.revscene.net/forums/49742...-rules-**.html
If only you read the rules before posting, then you wouldn't need to be educated what you did wrong.

Quote:

** Edit: @Cr33pUh I posted it in the USED Fashion & Cosmetics Alley ONLY. That is where everybody sells their clothing, yes?
You even bolded the title yourself. "USEDDDDDDD"

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRS (Post 7740881)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not really racist! (Post 7741009)

:inoutugh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundy (Post 7740925)
Cut the tags off, wear it once, then post as used. Problem solved.

That's why there's actually a lot of posts out there being 9/10 when its really brand new and never worn before haha

And congrats OP. Of the years I lurked Revscene.net, you're the first to receive an infraction from the "Member's Support Area" thread. :fullofwin:

MindBomber 12-28-2011 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V4NC1TY (Post 7741149)
LOL no I'm not that kind of person; I've never reported anybody. I actually read the rules for that forum and saw that sales of brand new items were prohibited; but everybody didn't abide by it, so I assumed that the rule was outdated.

I guess I know why my threads were deleted then :considered: but something still feels sketchy

Sketchy, seriously, do you think one of the B&S mods has a vendetta against you and is locking your threads for legitimate rule violations while ignoring others to prevent the sale of a piece of clothing you own?

RS, you've done it again...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sky_High (Post 7741153)

And congrats OP. Of the years I lurked Revscene.net, you're the first to receive an infraction from the "Member's Support Area" thread. :fullofwin:

in4fightclub

xilley 12-28-2011 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V4NC1TY (Post 7740914)
lmfao goof, all you care about are Thanks and Fails. I'm just asking for some help and insight. Take your immature shit elsewhere

LOL, goof?
whos the fucking goof that post as much shit as they can on fucked up thread and hope to get Thanked as many times possible

V4NC1TY 12-28-2011 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xilley (Post 7741364)
LOL, goof?
whos the fucking goof that post as much shit as they can on fucked up thread and hope to get Thanked as many times possible

Somebody's mad :troll:
No goof, you've got it wrong. I come across these memes on the daily on tumblr, so why not share it with everybody on RS? I'm not asking anybody to Thank me, nor Fail me. I don't really give a shit altogether. I have plenty of fails too

Don't be mad, I want to be friends :joy:

xilley 12-28-2011 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V4NC1TY (Post 7741396)
Somebody's mad :troll:
No goof, you've got it wrong. I come across these memes on the daily on tumblr, so why not share it with everybody on RS? I'm not asking anybody to Thank me, nor Fail me. I don't really give a shit altogether. I have plenty of fails too

Don't be mad, I want to be friends :joy:

lol, i dont get mad that easily, just that you called out goof, seems pretty cocky

!Nhan 12-28-2011 10:02 PM

Problem has been solved. Read the rules next time before posting in B&S.

This is getting to off topic.