REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Old 01-28-2012, 08:16 PM   #101
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richmond69er View Post
ive done that there before, day old chicken for dirt cheap! hahahaha
was it no tax too?
Advertisement
blee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:34 PM   #102
Ask me about "Taking One For The Team"

pay cash no tax
Richmond69er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:27 PM   #103
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

when i have pho in Richmond, its gotta be pho lan large.

place is getto.. but broth is good and good size noodles and its cheap.

definitely not the best in greater van, but its my pick for Richmond.
-10 Fit
umpadupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:17 PM   #104

You guys should check out "Pho Han" on capstan way and Garden city (same mall as Manzo jap resturant) ! The place looks ghetto from outside but the stuff is pretty good. After 6 pm, its 15% off so i go there after work for cheap eats LOL
Old 02-06-2012, 11:37 PM   #105
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blee123 View Post
You guys should check out "Pho Han" on capstan way and Garden city (same mall as Manzo jap resturant) ! The place looks ghetto from outside but the stuff is pretty good. After 6 pm, its 15% off so i go there after work for cheap eats LOL
hmm i have been and not that good at all.
k20er is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-07-2012, 01:30 AM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by k20er View Post
hmm i have been and not that good at all.
first time i tried was meh, but second and third time has been better. Oh btw, Pho Han is a new owner, the one before that sucked balls

Maybe u talking about the old owner?
Old 02-08-2012, 09:05 AM   #107
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blee123 View Post
first time i tried was meh, but second and third time has been better. Oh btw, Pho Han is a new owner, the one before that sucked balls

Maybe u talking about the old owner?
ok maybe i should give it another try
k20er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:02 AM   #108
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,218 Times in 1,611 Posts
my picks off the top of my head:

Pho
Pho Han - I enjoy Pho Han too. The pho itself is okay, but I especially like their cheap subs ($3). This is beside Manzo Itamae (also a very good restaurant) at Garden City and Capstan.

Lemongrass - Good pho and friendly service (although slow sometimes)

Thai Son - probably the cleanest atmosphere for Pho in Richmond. Almost always busy and their food quality is good but not the best out there.

Curry
Mui Garden - Never get the small order to go though, it's literally just rice, beef, and sauce. Not a single vegetable, not even a potato.

Aberdeen food court one is good too.

Dim Sum
Gingeri (@ Lansdowne) - try their deep fried wonton

Kirin (@ Richmond Centre, CIBC section) - Best service and quality in town if you ask me. A little pricier for certain items.

Fisherman's Terrace (@ London Drugs on No.3 Rd) - Good quality food, check out their specials at the top of the dim sum menu.

BBQ Pork
BBQ Master (@ Superstore) - Always consistent quality, rather small though.

Master Hung's (@ Garden City/Blundell) - Always consistent as well. Check out their lunch specials (meal + drink or soup for like $7).

BBQ place @ Parker Place - I honestly think their BBQ duck is the best, also very large portions.

HK Style Cafes
Lido (mall in between Parker and Aberdeen) - You MUST try their Egg tarts. Seriously best in town, probably best in province. Atmosphere is a bit old but people go there for the food, not the surroundings. Food is pricier than you might expect.

Kam Ho (across from Sun Sui Wah on Alexandra Rd) - This is now my fav place for Beef Brisket on noodles. Before Yee Yuen (No.3 rd mall where Staples is) changed chefs, I went there but that's all changed of course.

Japanese
I don't eat a lot of this in Richmond but Manzo Izakaya, Manzo Itamae and Sushi Hachi are all good choices.
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-24-2012, 12:43 PM   #109
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Quite a few of you recommended Deer Garden. I went to their website and they have 2 locations, is there a preference as to which one is better? The Sexsmith or Alexandra branch? Or are they pretty much the same?
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:22 PM   #110
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
Quite a few of you recommended Deer Garden. I went to their website and they have 2 locations, is there a preference as to which one is better? The Sexsmith or Alexandra branch? Or are they pretty much the same?
I would recommend you go to the one on Sexsmith road beside Posh. Parking is a bitch at the Alexandra location.
Porschedog is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-24-2012, 01:29 PM   #111
Ebisu Boss

Oh ok thanks, is the Deer Garden in PoCo the same too?
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-24-2012, 02:39 PM   #112
Ebisu Boss

Just finished eating at Deer Garden, very generous with the toppings for the noodles and the soup was flavourful! Curry was smooth and creamy. Service was horrible though, as someone mentioned earlier, no one there smiled at all. When I asked the waitress for an extra napkin her expression gave me the impression that I had just asked her to give a cow an enema. I was hesitant to ask her for anything else as she looked like he wanted to roundhouse kick me if I requested anything else... Shitty service... but food was good and portions were big.
Posted via RS Mobile