REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 12-13-2013, 10:17 AM   #201
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx View Post
relapsed after 35 some days. Instead of 1 pack a day, I'm averaging 4-5. Weekends are a bit harder. But slowly cutting down.

Everytime there's a craving, I'll try to do pushups. It'll make me tired, keep my mind of it and maybe give it some negative reinforcement.
Just keep trying man. Brushing your teeth every time you want one may help too although that can be difficult depending on where you are

Chew lots and lots and lots of gum.

MasonJar is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-31-2014, 09:56 AM   #202
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

160 days since last cig here. Was using nic gum for a week. Then started vaping. Just vaping really low nic now but eventually will goto no nic. I probably had 3 drags from a buddy's smoke in the 160 day time frame and it tasted like crap and couldnt stand it!
Posted via RS Mobile

Last edited by flipkronikz; 01-31-2014 at 10:01 AM.
flipkronikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:26 AM   #203
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

40 days. going strong. nothing even close to a relapse.

admittedly i cheat by smoking weed. e cigs, canadian or american work pretty decent for me when i do get a true craving. hit that thing a few times and i'm good. and that's on the rare side because i didn't wanna straight replace smoking with ecigs.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:14 AM   #204
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

I just had so many reasons to quit smoking so I had to quit. Wifey put up with it for years, baby on the way and coming close to a pack a day after 12 years of smoking u can imagine how it felt going to the gym.
Posted via RS Mobile
flipkronikz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-07-2014, 04:07 PM   #205
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
In the middle of early spring cleaning. Haven't smoked in the house/garage/car for 9.5 months.

Holy fuck I have a lot of smoking paraphernalia. 15 Zippo's, 30 Bics, 20 ashtrays, wicks, flint, fluid, etc....

Haven't gone through the cars yet. I'm pretty sure I'll find another dozen lighters and a few emergency packs.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-07-2014, 07:20 PM   #206
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
On week 2 after quitting for 4 months last year and then starting again in the summer. I'm finding the withdrawal pangs rather easy this time, but the hunger at night is driving me nuts.
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-08-2014, 09:11 PM   #207
My homepage has been set to RS

Anyone shed hair after quitting?
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 03:11 PM   #208
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedbra View Post
On week 2 after quitting for 4 months last year and then starting again in the summer. I'm finding the withdrawal pangs rather easy this time, but the hunger at night is driving me nuts.
It took me multiple attempts to quit. I found the withdrawal pangs lessened substantially each attempt, and eventually the only really difficult time was early in the morning. You can conquer the cravings! Good luck!
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-09-2014, 10:21 PM   #209
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
I realized quitting cold turkey wasn't working so I've significantly cut down.

I've always smoked (well since I've been in Asia) Marb Reds, switched to lights, but nowadays have been disliking the taste. I'm now on menthols with the crush ball (and I hate menthols) so added incentive to eventually quit.

Hope everyone is doing better!!
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-10-2014, 06:48 PM   #210
N8
I STILL don't get it

Nicorette mini lozenges are the way to go. If you've tried the oldstyle mints or gums and hated it, give this a shot. Takes about 8-10 minutes to dissolve and absorb and no real desire to smoke... I've been off for about 2 years now.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:56 PM   #211
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Day 10.

Been a good run so far kicking the habit cold turkey.
I know I've just started but feels good knowing that I've made it even this far. Thank you willpower.

Why did I ever started smoking?
illestchk is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-06-2014, 02:03 AM   #212
das not it mane

Thanked 1,852 Times in 509 Posts
this is my second run at quitting smoking. first go around i quit with no hesitation for 4 months; that was 4 years ago. the more i think about it, the more it scares me that i've been smoking over 1/3 of my life. it's day 4 now and so far the only problem i've run into is having trouble sleeping.

why did i suddenly want to quit again? i randomly ran into these ads and they scared the shit out of me. plus smoking also hurts your gains at the gym

Old 03-06-2014, 05:08 PM   #213
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
This is my second time I quit, I've quit for 2 months now with no cravings at all. The first time I quit I read "Allen Carr's Easyway to Stop Smoking" and it helped but I was partying way too much at the time and needless to say I got pressured into smoking again. I read the book a second time and I haven't smoked a cigarette since January 5, I guess it was good timing too since I heard prices of cigarettes are going up.
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-17-2015, 01:48 PM   #214
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
My Dad called me yesterday to tell me that he had not had a cigarette in 10 days and his cravings are near non-existent. A huge accomplishment for him as he has smoked for 43 years. I think that's a nice bit of inspiration for other smokers looking to quit.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-26-2015, 09:50 AM   #215
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
Just read a bunch of posts above and did the math, I've also been smoking for roughly 1/3 of my life.

That's fucking scary.

Quit for a while then hung out with a buddy who smoked all the time, then ended up back in the grind.

New years resolution was to quit smoking but I've only cut down by 5 ish cigs a day.

How did you guys do it. Cold turkey just doesn't cut it for me I tried but ended up so short tempered. Cutting down seems like it only does so much cause everything's so habitual now. I have smokes around the same times everyday. I can't do push-ups or brush my teeth all day. Too much gum makes my jaws sore

Am I just making too many excuses ?

Fuck cigarettes are the dumbest things ever invented

Cadillac CTS (Current)
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-26-2015, 10:04 AM   #216
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
I smoked for ~8ish years
one day i just decided to cold turkey it
not gonna lie, the first few days were rough but you pretty much have to will yourself to suck it up.

also helped that i stopped hangin out with my buddies who smoked a lot at that time. I think if i still hung out with them a lot, it probably would've been damn near impossible to quit.

iirc, i think i just played fifa against the second lowest setting on the cpu, nothin like burying those bitches in goals while i rage internally and pretty much tried my hardest to ignore the people/things that pissed me off
imo, once you get past that two week mark its smooth sailing in terms of cravings. Social cues and habits take a while but if you keep at it it's easy.

but now i recently started vaping LOL, lowest nic content but i think i might be starting to develop a habit.
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 10:42 AM   #217
iceboy & saucywoman are my parents!

Thanked 1,770 Times in 445 Posts
2 years clean.... Back at it starting yesterday. Fml
[23-07, 02:53] LSF22 the guy who i just saw had like 5 or 6 cars on his lawn needs a ride

[07-10, 15:42] nabs tbails14 = the legend continues

[27-10, 19:44] slickrick (to ts14) NO NOT THE EXHAUST

[07-10, 22:42] Ri2 If I had a real one I'd fap til it turns blue probably

[05-01, 16:24] Geoc ts you're a never ending inspiration for the inner buddy guy in all of us
ts14 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-26-2015, 01:14 PM   #218
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
i don't smoke, but i got addicted to e-cig after 1 month.

whenever i stopped for more than a day, i would get cold sweats, can't sleep at night, super restless.

this anxiety kinda feeling crawling/clawing in my chest and limbs as i lay there.

it lasted a week, then i was ok. and then i didn't fill up that e-cig again.

25mg... dangerous.

the feeling is almost like claustrophobia, minus the fear. but that physical feeling of being trapped and unable to break out. like the worst itch that is not scratchable. deep inside your core lol.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 01:35 PM   #219
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post

whenever i stopped for more than a day, i would get cold sweats, can't sleep at night, super restless.

this anxiety kinda feeling crawling/clawing in my chest and limbs as i lay there.

25mg... dangerous.

the feeling is almost like claustrophobia, minus the fear. but that physical feeling of being trapped and unable to break out. like the worst itch that is not scratchable. deep inside your core lol.
Don't E-cigs advertise that it is not addicted at all? I though that's the whole point...
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 02:20 PM   #220
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Don't E-cigs advertise that it is not addicted at all? I though that's the whole point...
Nicotine addiction.
Xu.Vi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 04:18 PM   #221
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:

25mg... dangerous.

wtf? u dont smoke yet u vape 25mg nic ecigs?! i smoked a pack a day for 10 years n cut down from 12mg ecigs down to 3mg. stopped smoking for a year now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
u can choose to use juices with nicotine or no nicotine at all. i dont get y people who dont smoke choose to start on ecigs
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 09:29 AM   #222
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
Just a heads up

Vape at Your Own Risk: Company-Ordered Recalls and the Lack of Regulation in the Canadian E-Cigarette Industry | VICE | Canada

Cadillac CTS (Current)
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 02:44 PM   #223
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

After so many attempts to quit, I simply said..."Fine, you win." and I haven't stopped suckin' on butts since...and feels sooo good! lol jk.
Genzlinger is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-04-2015, 01:04 PM   #224
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Hey guys, I'm vaping to try and quit smoking. Has anyone found success with this?
Drive_all_night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 01:15 PM   #225
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive_all_night View Post
Hey guys, I'm vaping to try and quit smoking. Has anyone found success with this?
vaping is ok i guess but still not does the trick, i usally smoke after a joint, now its been like 2 days without a joint and i feel healther already
dragondragon99 is offline   Reply With Quote