REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   Hyperhidrosis (https://www.revscene.net/forums/660983-hyperhidrosis.html)

DanHibiki 01-09-2012 01:35 AM

Hyperhidrosis

Does anyone else have a case of hyperhidrosis?

it's a very embarrassing and annoying condition.

I think I've had it for a while but it was very very mild before but it seems to have gotten worse.

When I play video games my palms sweat a little and I would get sticky sweat in my armpits and groin area a bit under my neck. :\

If I play Street Fighter and use an arcade stick it gets worse.

I can't even play iPhone games without getting a bit.

Hell, even using MS Paint/Photoshop makes me sweat!

God it's freaking annoying as hell. If I just showered and my friend askes me to play NHL online I usually have to decline.

Going to doctors next week and gonna ask about it. I hope I can control it.

Walperstyle 01-09-2012 01:39 AM

if I may ask, how much do you weigh?

rageguy 01-09-2012 01:45 AM

There are a few things to try depending on your severity. If you have very minor HH, then you just need topical treatment such as Drysol. You apply it to areas where you want to minimize sweat. The next level up is oral treatment. Pills such as Avert will be able to stop sweating. Avert contains glycopyrrolate which will tell your nervous system to sweat less. The next level up is electrolysis. It zaps your sweat glands and will stop sweating for a period of time. You will have to repeat this treatment regularly. The last level is surgery which will pretty much work for sure but carries some risks of side effects.

In your case, Avert at 2.0mg taken once daily is a good option. Cheap, works very well with minimal side effects.
Welcome to pharmacy.ca

I used to have HH, but it has mostly gone away after some years.

SkinnyPupp 01-09-2012 01:46 AM

Try Certain Dri. Changed my life. You can get it in the deodorant aisle at LD. It comes in a box, read the instructions first
Posted via RS Mobile

XplicitLuder 01-09-2012 08:14 AM

hmm interesting. All i've gotten is sweaty palms when i play video games, my cousins always complain lol it's very mild so i have never put much thought into it...but this is a good thread to follow. Thanks!

cruz-in 01-09-2012 01:53 PM

i suffered with it for 27 years.

hard to get gf's with your palms drip. :(

but its gone now and im finally happy.

DanHibiki 01-09-2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walperstyle (Post 7754880)
if I may ask, how much do you weigh?

I'm 5'10 and about 160lb.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rageguy (Post 7754882)
There are a few things to try depending on your severity. If you have very minor HH, then you just need topical treatment such as Drysol. You apply it to areas where you want to minimize sweat. The next level up is oral treatment. Pills such as Avert will be able to stop sweating. Avert contains glycopyrrolate which will tell your nervous system to sweat less. The next level up is electrolysis. It zaps your sweat glands and will stop sweating for a period of time. You will have to repeat this treatment regularly. The last level is surgery which will pretty much work for sure but carries some risks of side effects.

In your case, Avert at 2.0mg taken once daily is a good option. Cheap, works very well with minimal side effects.
Welcome to pharmacy.ca

I used to have HH, but it has mostly gone away after some years.

Thanks, I'll look into these. I would much like to avoid the most drastic solutions though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 7754883)
Try Certain Dri. Changed my life. You can get it in the deodorant aisle at LD. It comes in a box, read the instructions first
Posted via RS Mobile

I think my current deodorant is doing just fine. Unfortunately it's not just my armpits but my groin area and neck as well.

Ulic Qel-Droma 01-09-2012 05:37 PM

my cousin carries a small light towel around that she just.. plays with all day. i used to wonder, but then i figured it it was the same problem you had.

DanHibiki 01-09-2012 05:42 PM

Is this purely psychological?

I mean it makes no sense that video games and photoshop can cause me to sweat.

jonwon 01-10-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 7754883)
Posted via RS Mobile

+1 for certain dri

this deodorant works wonders. one application overnight can last you up to 4 days

see.lai 01-10-2012 11:01 PM

I actually have this problem too at times.. It really gets in the way sometimes.. especially when you're playing video games.. :fuuuuu:

FishTaco 01-10-2012 11:11 PM

I used to have it really bad in my underarms. It was the worst when I was about 15-22.. I used clinical deodorant at night before bed and it would help a lot. After a while though my body became immune to it I think because I started to sweat again. So annoying, armpits just cold sweating for no reason feeling all gross. It was embarrassing too so I would bring an extra shirt in my car and avoided grey shirts. Im 26 now and dont really get it anymore though unless I'm stressed or working hard.

dinosaur 01-10-2012 11:59 PM

Could it be your blood pressure rising?

Also, they can treat HH with botox now in certain locations on the body.
Posted via RS Mobile

ryugeeh 01-11-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruz-in (Post 7755271)
i suffered with it for 27 years.

hard to get gf's with your palms drip. :(

but its gone now and im finally happy.

Did it go away by itself or did you take something?

I have sweaty palms and I'm pretty self-conscious about it.

DanHibiki 02-07-2012 12:01 AM

My hyperhidrosis has gotten worse.

It's pretty much my entire body but most noticeable in the hands, armpit, neck and groin area.

Before it was things like playing videogames or photoshop that would trigger it.

Now it's constantly there!

It's not like dripping sweat but it's like...stick sweat? just enough there to make u feel uncomfortable. My body temperature rises too.

This latest development happened a few days ago.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck I can't live like this I got enough other health problems to worry about!!!

Phil@rise 02-07-2012 10:03 AM

What happens when you go running or any other form of physical activity?

rageguy 02-07-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanHibiki (Post 7788475)
My hyperhidrosis has gotten worse.

It's pretty much my entire body but most noticeable in the hands, armpit, neck and groin area.

Before it was things like playing videogames or photoshop that would trigger it.

Now it's constantly there!

It's not like dripping sweat but it's like...stick sweat? just enough there to make u feel uncomfortable. My body temperature rises too.

This latest development happened a few days ago.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck I can't live like this I got enough other health problems to worry about!!!

I recommend Avert. It'll stop the sweating in 2 days.

DanHibiki 02-07-2012 01:11 PM

^is that over the counter or perscription?
Posted via RS Mobile

DanHibiki 02-07-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil@rise (Post 7788686)
What happens when you go running or any other form of physical activity?

I am battling chronic back pain that I started 4 years ago so I have been unable to do any physical activities other than my basic core exercises.

But when I was healthy, I did sweat a lot during extreme exercise. I never understood how my hockey teammates were okay with not showering after a game.
Posted via RS Mobile

rageguy 02-07-2012 01:49 PM

No prescription. Welcome to pharmacy.ca

Avert 2.0mg. Get the trial size of 30 pills, $22.20.

DanHibiki 02-07-2012 01:57 PM

Can I get some at my local pharmacy?
Posted via RS Mobile

Kinda hoping I can get some today as I am uncomfortable literally 24hrs a day. Constant state of sticky sweat feeling.

rageguy 02-07-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanHibiki (Post 7788880)
Can I get some at my local pharmacy?
Posted via RS Mobile

Kinda hoping I can get some today as I am uncomfortable literally 24hrs a day. Constant state of sticky sweat feeling.

It's just glycopyrrolate. You could ask around. You could also ask if pharmacy.ca can UPS it. They are in Toronto.

BaoTurbo 02-07-2012 10:47 PM

You need to see a doctor sir.

yameen 02-12-2012 09:26 PM

i would not recommend buying any online drugs without seeing a doctor first unless it is approved as an over the counter drug.

socialenemy69 02-12-2012 11:02 PM

I Recommend this:
FreshBalls.com | The Natural Solution