REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 02-01-2012, 01:37 PM   #51
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Nokia 710 coming out on Rogers really soon. No contract price of 250 which isn't bad. I think I'll pick it up as a backup phone and play with Windows Mobile as well. They've arrived in some dealers on the east coast.

http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wirel...KR&N=52+11+282
Advertisement
mos_skeeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:31 PM   #52
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,357 Times in 3,446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mos_skeeto View Post
Nokia 710 coming out on Rogers really soon. No contract price of 250 which isn't bad. I think I'll pick it up as a backup phone and play with Windows Mobile as well. They've arrived in some dealers on the east coast.

http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wirel...KR&N=52+11+282
I already posted on the second page and it's already for sale at many Rogers stores. None in Nanaimo right now or i would have had one.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:51 PM   #53
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
The 710 is already being sold at some Rogers locations (none in Nanaimo) for $250 bought outright. Seems like a pretty good deal. It is petraband so it can also work on wind.
its not pentaband, at least it doesnt say so on the Rogers website
Old 02-01-2012, 06:53 PM   #54
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenmecar View Post
its not pentaband, at least it doesnt say so on the Rogers website
Nokia Lumia 710 - Full phone specifications

2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G Network HSDPA 900 / 1900 / 2100 - RM-803
HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100 - For Canada
willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:54 PM   #55
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
yes its true the 710 is pentaband for canada anyhow (the one sold in the US is quadband)

the 800 is not pentaband (maybe the canadian version will be dont know)

$250 Rogers Canada Nokia Lumia 710 is pentaband and works on WIND and Mobilicity also | WMPoweruser

Last edited by StylinRed; 02-02-2012 at 03:44 AM.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:23 PM   #56

Picked up a 710. It's pretty slick. I like it more than my Android already. I found my xperia arc sluggish and clumsy sometimes. I really miss google maps. Bing is included but google maps on iPhone and Android is near perfect IMO which is hard to match. A little worried that most apps have almost no options and the os options are kinda minimal. Pretty solid OS I think interested to see how much the app store grows in the near future.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:49 PM   #57
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Picked up a 710. It's pretty slick. I like it more than my Android already. I found my xperia arc sluggish and clumsy sometimes. I really miss google maps. Bing is included but google maps on iPhone and Android is near perfect IMO which is hard to match. A little worried that most apps have almost no options and the os options are kinda minimal. Pretty solid OS I think interested to see how much the app store grows in the near future.
I dont know about that I got lost trying to find 5 guys in surry using iPhone Maps so I opened up Nokia Drive used it and BAM got there in no time. Try using Nokia drive its free turn-by-turn GPS.

In regards to apps what apps are you looking for? And if you need help you can always go to wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews or WMPoweruser and find out the latest apps available.

I'm not a big app guy but I highly recommend Fuse if you like RSS blogs, Foursquare, Rowi (for twitter), Sports Scores, Mystocks and Facebook if you want. If you have any questions send me a PM or tweet me on twitter @based_graham
g604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2012, 03:03 PM   #58
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,440 Times in 4,281 Posts
Actually, I find nokia Maps + Drive pretty impressive. Moreso than Google Maps.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2012, 03:24 PM   #59

Thanks guys. Nokia Maps wasn't pre-installed. Got it from the marketplace. Pretty good Just got my phone today so I'll be checking out all the apps.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:52 PM   #60

Quote:
Thanks guys. Nokia Maps wasn't pre-installed. Got it from the marketplace. Pretty good Just got my phone today so I'll be checking out all the apps.
Make sure you check out Nokia drive also the cool thing about Nokia Maps and Drive is that you can download full maps which is pretty cool. Also I recommend APP highlights to find the apps you like.

For games I highly recommend Orbital awesome time killer.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:54 PM   #61

Also if your really into music I recommend looking into Zune Pass for 9.99$ you can download unlimited songs and albums right to your phone. Check it out
Old 02-03-2012, 06:23 AM   #62

shame Nokias Music Unlimited isn't offered here and more or less has been killed off

odd that Nokia maps wasn't preinstalled i thought they were supposed to be
Old 02-03-2012, 07:32 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
shame Nokias Music Unlimited isn't offered here and more or less has been killed off

odd that Nokia maps wasn't preinstalled i thought they were supposed to be
Yeah its unforunate but atleast we have access to Zune Pass which IMO is a great service for 9.99$
Old 02-06-2012, 11:48 AM   #64

Finally found a place local that has the 710 in stock but they want $379.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:37 PM   #65
RS Veteran

Wow, that's quite the markup

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
Old 02-06-2012, 02:23 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
Wow, that's quite the markup
Yep ant there a authorized rogers dealer (all they sell is Rogers) and when they pick up the phone they say Rogers Wireless how may I help you.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:28 PM   #67

Lame sauce. So caller id doesn't work for the most part. Rogers caller id has two components. One is names which shows the name of the person calling regardless of being in the address book (ex: canadian blood services shows up and I ignore all those calls). The second is the traditional caller id ex: 604-123-4567. Caller id works when I receive a call from someone with a registered Rogers name. However any call from Bell, Telus, other providers, many desk phones will show up as Unknown. Annoying thing is when you call Rogers for support they will call you on their line which works because they're on Rogers!! After 3 or 4 tech calls with rude techies and researching online, I found out on some forums that the recommended fix is to call Rogers to remove the 'name' caller id. For my plan Rogers has to break apart my 10 dollar value pack to remove names costing me 2 bucks more. This is stupid because I will be paying more for removing a feature. I'm going to call back until I find someone helpful to fix this.

This is a Windows Phone thing. Apparently the LG has issues too.

EDIT: Kept calling until I got a guy who was nice. Took him 1 min to disable Name ID and now it works perfectly.

Last edited by mos_skeeto; 02-06-2012 at 03:47 PM.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:05 PM   #68
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Yep ant there a authorized rogers dealer (all they sell is Rogers) and when they pick up the phone they say Rogers Wireless how may I help you.
My understanding is that the MSRP already allows the retailer to a markup profit but adding on top of the MSRP is robbery.

Old 02-06-2012, 08:46 PM   #69

Quote:
Lame sauce. So caller id doesn't work for the most part. Rogers caller id has two components. One is names which shows the name of the person calling regardless of being in the address book (ex: canadian blood services shows up and I ignore all those calls). The second is the traditional caller id ex: 604-123-4567. Caller id works when I receive a call from someone with a registered Rogers name. However any call from Bell, Telus, other providers, many desk phones will show up as Unknown. Annoying thing is when you call Rogers for support they will call you on their line which works because they're on Rogers!! After 3 or 4 tech calls with rude techies and researching online, I found out on some forums that the recommended fix is to call Rogers to remove the 'name' caller id. For my plan Rogers has to break apart my 10 dollar value pack to remove names costing me 2 bucks more. This is stupid because I will be paying more for removing a feature. I'm going to call back until I find someone helpful to fix this.

This is a Windows Phone thing. Apparently the LG has issues too.

EDIT: Kept calling until I got a guy who was nice. Took him 1 min to disable Name ID and now it works perfectly.
So its all good now what did you have to do? My Lumia on Rogers does the same thing BTW hows the phone?
Old 02-06-2012, 10:24 PM   #70

Call them and get them to remote name display but keep the numeric caller id. Love my lumia and how everything is lag-free I just got it to sync with my iTunes library on my mac.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:00 AM   #71

Quote:
Call them and get them to remote name display but keep the numeric caller id. Love my lumia and how everything is lag-free I just got it to sync with my iTunes library on my mac.
Great to hear that if you love music check out Zune Pass. Zune Pass is a service that allows you to download unlimited amounts of albums and song every month for 9.99$ you can get a free trial from Microsoft

Zune Music + Video | Zune.net
Old 02-10-2012, 11:26 AM   #72
c3m
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Just picked up the Lumia 710. It's my first Widnows Phone and it's so far so good. Got this as a secondary phone (using iOS as main). First impression on the Windows OS is way better than Android for me.

There is a software update when I plug it into the computer but I'm not sure what it fixes or changes
c3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:55 PM   #73

The 900 was just confirmed to be coming to Rogers in April with LTE @ MWC
Old 03-19-2012, 10:24 AM   #74
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

you can preorder the lumia 900 at Rogers now..
Preorder or reserve your Nokia Lumia 900 today and be entered to win a The Dark Knight Rises prize - Rogers Wireless
areyounoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:10 PM   #75

for those interested a compare with the 4S

!

also the Lumia 900 costs $450 with no contract that's cheaper than Telus wants for the Lumia 800 lol

edit: another comparo

!
This post thanked by: