REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:00 AM   #1
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
Calling VPD/RCMP to make complaints

Little rant and a bit of a question here... anyone who's ever had to make complaints or specific questions regarding certain incidents about anything VPD or RCMP related, do you not find it "convenient" that the numbers we're always forwarded too by the general inquiry line is always some constable or whatever who is currently not available at the moment so please leave a message and they'll get back to you soon as possible....

This isn't the first time this has happened to me, but I'm sitting here now tried 2 different sections just for good measure, both officers are not available and I've left messages for both, no call back and I've called numerous times.

I'm calling to get a car out of impound btw, Busters told me to get in touch with the VPD before I can come down and take it.

Any of you guys here with similar experience got insight ? because I doubt they will call me back, they never have in past situations, and I doubt they will pick up their phone either.
Advertisement
Old 01-13-2012, 09:09 AM   #2
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Yeups we had a little curfuffle with one of our courtesy vehicles. Got into an issue with Busters geting VPD authorization to release the vehicle. So our lot attendants went to the VPD to get authorization. They said that they would call within 15 minutes. Sounded reasonable so they drove back to Busters to wait for the call to pick up the vehicle.

Ended up waiting 3 extra days to get a hold of the same officer again (he would not pick up the phone or reply voice mails). We had filed a complaint because we had to pay for the extra days the vehicle was in Busters.
jaemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:28 PM   #3
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

I think the VPD and RCMP work an x amount of days on shift and are off x amount of day. Maybe you caught them on their days off?

I've dealt with VPD and RCMP in the past and it seems like it is faster to get a response through E-mail in my opinion. I don't bother with phone calls since it always go to voice msg like you said, and when they do call, it comes from a blocked or private number.
maxxxboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:37 PM   #4
Female Driven

^ the phones are assigned and they don't bring them home. It's strictly for work only when they are on shift
Posted via RS Mobile
FI-Z33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:00 PM   #5
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

When I had to call an officer at the Richmond detachment, he actually sometimes answered. When he didn't, I left a message and he would call me back. The longest I waited was like 3 days cause he was off those three days.
wing_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:13 PM   #6
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
They spend most of their shift out of the office and in their cars. They normally are only in the office at the beginning and end of shift and that is when they would return your call. Cell phones are not secure lines. If they are working day shifts then they would have a better chance to call you but I never liked calling someone at 3.30am because that was the only slow time I had to come back to the office. If you can't reach the individual officer, then asking to speak to the watch commander of shift supervisor may get your called returned in a slightly higner priority, specially in urgent circumstances.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote