REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-09-2012, 09:41 AM   #201
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,632 Posts
Announcement!

I have a friend of a friend looking to give her 2 Yorkies to a loving home. She has recently moved to a building that does not allow dogs and unfortunately that meant she had to leave them in the care of her ex-bf. He is completely neglecting the dogs and they are in dire need of a good home and a caring owner/family. One is male, the other is female and they are approximately 5yrs in age. The owner is willing to pass on some cash for doggy supplies as well.

Please reply here or PM if you have genuine interest. I will post a photo once it becomes available to me.
Advertisement
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:13 AM   #202
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Why the hell would she move to a building that doesn't allow dogs, when she has dogs?

Hope someone can help these poor dogs, who have never had a proper family in all their lives, when that's all they ever want
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-09-2012, 10:21 AM   #203
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

I would guess it was a rushed break up and she took whatever was available out there. I can understand that it's not easy to find an ideal place.
Spoiler!
Old 07-09-2012, 09:11 PM   #204

It makes me wonder, there are places that don't allow children. So if someone had children and wanted to move there, would they put up their kids for adoption?
This post thanked by:
Old 07-23-2012, 08:03 PM   #205

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
They came back!

We think they escape when their "owners" neglect to feed them. I think one of our neighbors wants to take them in so we'll help him get them registered properly so he owns them legitimately
Remember the puppies I posted a while back? Well it looks like they have been completely stranded by their "owners" and were stuck in the storm last night (if you don't know, Hong Kong had one of its biggest typhoons last night). They would roam back and forth between our door and another neighbour who has been feeding them. Instead of finding shelter, they would sit in one of the worst storms Hong Kong has ever had.

They are absolutely COVERED in ticks, I mean so many you can't count them all. Hundreds I am sure. So we couldn't take them inside. We did let them stay in the stairwell, and my wife actually stayed up all night and watched over them. It was hard to get them inside, the girl is really scared of being indoors.

We're calling the SPCA today, since we can't take them in ourselves, they need help finding a good home. I am sure they will make someone a good pet, but may need some rehab since they have lived outside their whole lives. EXTREMELY friendly though, so it should be totally doable.

Oh yeah, one dog is missing, we have no idea where she is. They like to play in the river that runs through the village, hopefully she didn't get swept away

Old 07-23-2012, 08:28 PM   #206
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

poor lil guys, hope they find a good home soon!

if anyone was wondering, the yorkies have since found a new home
Spoiler!
This post thanked by:
Old 07-23-2012, 09:43 PM   #207
Banned By Establishment

those are cute dogs
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:53 PM   #208

Found the third one, I guess the neighbour is adopting her. Problem is, he likes to tie her to his front door, where there is no shelter AT ALL. I guess he took her in his house for the night, leaving the other two.

Worst storm in 13 years btw

We'll talk to him before calling the SPCA. Because if he leaves her tied up with no shelter, that is not the right way to treat a dog
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2012, 11:31 AM   #209
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Such cute dogs. I don't understand how anyone could neglect their dogs like that
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:01 PM   #210
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Not everyone values their pups like the people in this thread. It's sad, but a reality. Most of us see them as more than animals because we have bonded with them and view them as members of our families. I wish people who didn't feel the same would just stop owning dogs; they don't deserve their loyalty, friendship or companionship.
Spoiler!
This post thanked by:
Old 07-26-2012, 07:53 AM   #211
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
^Well said!
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:02 AM   #212
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

bump for some cute dogs
jonnymooshoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:00 AM   #213

We let the dogs stay in our stairway area, since it has been raining non stop for a week or so. This is the first time they have had dry shelter in a week, and they spent the entire 6 hours SLEEPING.

And scratching.

No matter how many ticks we pull out of them, they are still covered. Also some other bugs, I think they are a form of lice, are crawling all over them.

It finally stopped raining, so we let them out for the night. We had to kill about 20 ticks they had left behind - these suckers can crawl and jump like crazy! Treated the entire hallway with (animal friendly) bug spray.

We're on the verge of calling SPCA to pick them up, but since that means there is a chance they will be sent to the 'pound' to be put down if they can't be rehomed, that really is a last resort. We're trying to find some alternative to doing that...
Old 07-26-2012, 10:20 AM   #214
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
^^great work SkinnyPupp. Hope the best for them. Poor doggies
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:35 PM   #215
I don't get it

Are you also feeding them too? I'm always concerned if dogs like these are hungry
butter_sashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:22 PM   #216

Yes we're feeding them, we take normal dog food, and my wife adds boiled eggs and carrots. Also the neighbour who has taken one in has been feeding them. Unfortunately he tried to feed them a bowl of almonds the other day, the boy ate a bunch and then got a stomach ache. He's fine now, but we have been trying to teach the owner what he can and can't feed them. He also gives them chicken with the bone still in, which is really dangerous since the bones can splinter
Old 07-26-2012, 11:37 PM   #217
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:

those are really cute dogs. what breed/mix are they?
vixroar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:41 PM   #218

Just mongrels that live and breed all over the countryside villages like mine
Old 07-27-2012, 12:25 AM   #219
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Too bad it is so far away, + i dont think i am allowed to have a dog in our town home
I would take the three in.. So cute and friendly looking
Prolowtone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:39 AM   #220

If someone here is really serious about taking them in in Vancouver, I would absolutely be willing to do all the logistics to have them registered and shipped over to you.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-27-2012, 08:50 AM   #221
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Quote:
If someone here is really serious about taking them in in Vancouver, I would absolutely be willing to do all the logistics to have them registered and shipped over to you.
that's a noble gesture, but you should realize the cost of doing this is rather large (especially if all 3 at once).

In other news:

Ran into BB's previous owner again while walking BB with one of my other boys. The guy was all dressed up to watch tweens play softball... he had a french beret on with his glasses and a suit jacket.. who the fuck dresses up like that to watch little girls play softball? pedo.

He also had a creepy looking friend with him and when they spotted me, they approached. At first, I didn't realize who they were. I figured they were just some dog friendly people. Then I saw his face and instantly this rage inside of me was ignited. He tried his best to get BB's attention and eventually he did after being barked at.

Remember how I had once suggested I let him play with BB to diffuse the situation? Yeah, no, that's not happening. The mere sight of this asshole just pisses me off too much. I walked away and he followed for a bit but he eventually got the idea that I wasn't going to stop so he left us alone.
Spoiler!
Old 07-27-2012, 10:39 AM   #222

Yeah I would be able to cover all the logistics, but not the costs. I would estimate it would be around $400-500 per dog. And to make it clear, only two are available, as one has been claimed by a neighbour already. We are trying to educate him on how to best take care of her. That is a struggle.

Boy hasn't been seen all day, so we're a bit worried right now. Might have to go looking for him tomorrow.

Pulled the biggest, nastiest tick I have ever seen in my life off Sweet Girl. Threw it into a bag, and the big fat motherfucker was crawling around (even though the head was ripped off) oozing blood all over the place. It also had a lice crawling on it. Just. Fucking. Sick. Stuff you would have nightmares about.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:43 AM   #223
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
for the dogs sake, maybe u should shave them completely or do something abt the lice/tick situation
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:00 PM   #224
I don't get it

Is there any pet product you can use to bathe them to rid/lessen the tick problem? Normally how the heck do you get rid of those things?

And feeding almonds to the dog? Your neighbour must be very new at this or doesn't give a fuck. Rice may be a good and easy choice. I mix dog can food and rice for my dogs with some veggies and they love that slop.
butter_sashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:18 PM   #225

There are tick droplets you can put on them, but it's expensive and I can't afford to buy it for them at this time. We have bought them a couple bags of cheap grocery store food, and that's it... It does need to be controlled, but they also need homes, so...