REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 01-17-2012, 05:30 PM   #1
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Can I eat...

.... 300 grams of table sugar, 200 grams of whey, 100 grams of cooling oil. and a good multi vitamin. every day?

why is that the same, or worse, or better...

than eating 300 grams of brown rice, 200 grams (protein) of chicken, and appropriate unsaturated and saturated fats.

discuss.
Advertisement
Old 01-17-2012, 05:35 PM   #2
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
I guess this also follows the same question on meal replacement drinks or subsistuting protein shakes instead of meals.

Berz out.
Posted via RS Mobile
Berzerker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:38 PM   #3
I subscribe to Revscene

Interesting topic
Posted via RS Mobile
Durrann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:40 PM   #4
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
Waiting for skinny to answer
Posted via RS Mobile
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:45 PM   #5
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,776 Times in 8,170 Posts
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:59 PM   #6
My homepage has been set to RS

MY FEEDBACK
jimzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:11 PM   #7
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
not sure if srs... but if you are

sugar is simple carbs, brown rice is slow digesting carbs

you can't rely on protein shakes for protein since you need fiber from food, but if you're getting enough vitamins and fiber from other food then i don't know lol

too many unnecessary are bad when taken in high amounts since cholesterol levels will be high and you're going to feel like shit
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:36 PM   #8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
ooo rxxtarr u gon start up a shit storm

strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-17-2012, 08:06 PM   #9

i am srs. this is about as divided of a nutrition topic as any.

i want to see sources for arguments, not hearsay or opinions or 'guy on some forum said'.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:07 PM   #10
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
if i eat high sugar diet i put on fat fast and impossible to cut sooo i dunno maybe everybody is different
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:15 PM   #11

Thanked 2,051 Times in 676 Posts
Good topic. People have always said to rely on real foods rather than processed, but never provided a reason.

Interested
Fcukedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:42 PM   #12
-Stare-

Thanked 8,013 Times in 648 Posts
interested. gonna keep this tab open
ShadowBun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:56 PM   #13
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
rr, did u post this anywhere else? i want answers too lol, this should be good
inb4taylor call everyone retarded, or uneducated cunts
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:57 PM   #14

Ill just say now I am by no means an expert on the subject, Im simply trying to learn things myself. And unfortunately I dont have the memory to remember all the things I read and see so relaying my learnings will lack specific detail.

There have been A TON of write ups lately and comments from people all over the internet on how all carbs break down into sugar the same as each-other causing the same amount of bodyfat regardless of where they come from, and there is no difference between eating oats/brownrice/whole grains and drinking a can of pop or eating table sugar.

Carbs all break down into glucose to some degree. Glucose is the fuel for all life on earth from cells and bacteria to humans. Glucose is mostly used up by your body before it hits your liver.

Table sugar is Surcose which is glucose-fructose and the sugar in a can of pop is not glucose, it is HFCS (we have all heard of High Fructose Corn Sirup). Fructose is NOT burned by the body, it goes directly to your liver for processing. quiz: what do we call things that go straight to your liver without any prior processing? answer: poison

Here is what happens when you eat 2 slices of white bread roughly 120 calories vs a sugar sweetened drink (fruit juice, gatorade, coke, etc) which is also worth roughly 120 calories.

Glucose:
-80% of the glucose will be used by the body.
-About 20% of the glucose will hit the liver and get stored as glycogen (for future physical activity).
-A very small fraction of the glucose will be made into ATP which, if not burned, will go through a number of biochemical processes, turning into citrate, and may be stored as fat.

Sugar:
-60 calories from glucose will break down similarly to the white bread (48 calories to the body, 12 calories to the liver to be stored as glycogen). (not important)

-60 calories from fructose will all go to the liver.
-In total, 72 calories reaching the liver will need to be phosphoralated (turned into energy–ATP–adenosine tri phosphate). That is a lot–three times the amount, when compared to white bread.
-You lose a lot of phosphate in this process, and so the body provides a rescue molecule, and the end waste product from the metabolism of these calories is uric acid (which causes gout and hypertension, among other things).
-Uric acid blocks the your body’s chemical–endothelial nitric oxide synthase–for maintaining low blood pressure.
-Citrate, again, arises from the metabolism of all these calories, which promotes fat retention, dyslipidemia, VLDL, and high blood triglycerides.
-When its all said and done 30% of it will end up as fat.

Here is a long video on why glucose and fructose ARE NOT THE SAME and how your body deals with each one. Its a lot to handle, especially the middle part, but you can pull some good points out of it. I hope at least someone watches.

in the end, a calorie is not a calorie regardless of where it comes from, and not all carbs and sugars are equal.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:02 PM   #15

This video explains a little more about the part in the previous video where Dr Lustig explains why we went from high fat to high carb foods.

It also explains why carbs are going to kill you.

skinnypupp first posted this a year ago. there are I think 5 parts to it
Old 01-17-2012, 11:04 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheDLo View Post
rr, did u post this anywhere else? i want answers too lol, this should be good
inb4taylor call everyone retarded, or uneducated cunts
I made the thread after reading another thread on another forum that was about 4 pages of broscience.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:18 PM   #17
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,776 Times in 8,170 Posts
Glad to see it's catching on

It will change your life. I think halo can attest to it too
Posted via RS Mobile
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:10 PM   #18

ok. you guys are in luck. i was looking around more at this topic this morning and i found a summary video on that 90 minute video. this video is 11 minutes long, and explains simply what happens when glucose enters your body vs what happens when fructose enters your body.

everyone can handle this video. and even if you dont care, its worth the watch just for some knowledge.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:13 PM   #19
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

read this link as it relates specifically to that video:

The bitter truth about fructose alarmism. | Alan Aragon's Blog

here's a follow up to the original article with Dr. Lustig defending his claims with the author:

A retrospective of the fructose alarmism debate. | Alan Aragon's Blog

Browse the nutrition section of bodybuilding.com. He's a mod over there and does his part in dispelling the bro-science
jas_daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-19-2012, 04:42 PM   #20
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

the sugar will spike your insulin. also too much sugar gives me acne
jack3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:51 PM   #21
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
ok. you guys are in luck. i was looking around more at this topic this morning and i found a summary video on that 90 minute video. this video is 11 minutes long, and explains simply what happens when glucose enters your body vs what happens when fructose enters your body.

Sugar: The Bitter Truth (The SHORT Version) - YouTube

everyone can handle this video. and even if you dont care, its worth the watch just for some knowledge.
jack3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:54 PM   #22

https://www.princeton.edu/main/news/...ex.xml?section

A Princeton University research team has demonstrated that all sweeteners are not equal when it comes to weight gain: Rats with access to high-fructose corn syrup gained significantly more weight than those with access to table sugar, even when their overall caloric intake was the same.

In addition to causing significant weight gain in lab animals, long-term consumption of high-fructose corn syrup also led to abnormal increases in body fat, especially in the abdomen, and a rise in circulating blood fats called triglycerides. The researchers say the work sheds light on the factors contributing to obesity trends in the United States.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:01 PM   #23
I am Hook'd on RS

Is it healthy to not intake any sources of food where carbs is the main nutrient?

Right now my bulking diet consists of 7 small meals a day: 3 protein shakes (800 calories each, due to 3 tsp olive oil + 3 tsp natural peanut butter), 2 steaks and veggie meals, and 2 chicken and veggie meals..

trying to bulk but not have unnecessary carbs bloat up my face and belly.. and yes I do HIIT (bench, squat, deadlifts - heavy with minimal rest in between sets)
taylorswift13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:23 PM   #24

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
if you're not getting enough carbs when you're bulking you're not going to get big, period

and if you're doing HIIT that will burrow energy from your muscles if you don't have enough carbs..
Posted via RS Mobile
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-23-2012, 01:48 PM   #25
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
https://www.princeton.edu/main/news/...ex.xml?section

A Princeton University research team has demonstrated that all sweeteners are not equal when it comes to weight gain: Rats with access to high-fructose corn syrup gained significantly more weight than those with access to table sugar, even when their overall caloric intake was the same.

In addition to causing significant weight gain in lab animals, long-term consumption of high-fructose corn syrup also led to abnormal increases in body fat, especially in the abdomen, and a rise in circulating blood fats called triglycerides. The researchers say the work sheds light on the factors contributing to obesity trends in the United States.
Humans are not rats. Plus there are a lot of inconsistencies in the results of that study that the researchers failed to explain. Here's a link to a breakdown of the study

Is High Fructose Corn Syrup Worse Than Regular Sugar? » Weightology Weekly
jas_daddy is offline   Reply With Quote