REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 01-13-2013, 10:58 PM   #376
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 5,279 Times in 603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xilley View Post
maybe not your branch since their kids own it, but at the burnaby highgate one.
the old russian lady will fucking scam u whatever dollar they possibly can.

I was in the middle of a renewal with them on another 2 year contract and because the bank wasnt open (saturday night) so I couldnt get my void cheque to give them for authorization, therefore I dont have the key fob yet because they held onto it. but mind you I m still allowed to work out. because technically I m still a member.

anyhow, I went in with a friend that goes to the same gym on saturday night, and today we found out that they froze my friends account wanting him to pay a violation fine for 250 bucks.

are you kidding me, I went in earlier today and your office was closed, so I couldnt give you the void cheque otherwise i wouldve got my own key fob back. but now you want to fine my buddy 250 bucks (which I ll be paying obviously) when I JUST resigned 2years, obvs you russian fucks can decide to either make 900 dollars off my 2 years contract OR take my 250 and I ll cancel my contract since I have the right to do so within 10 days.

and you know what the shady part is, I even TOLD the russian bitch that I did come in with a friend and she was saying "oh okay, as long as you resign 2 years its okay" and now you turn behind my back and fine? the fuck?
oh what... that's fucked
Advertisement
Old 01-16-2013, 08:26 PM   #377
Banned (ABWS)

ok, apparently 245 lb deadlift is impressive at the oval lols.
gunz4hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:09 PM   #378
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by xilley View Post
maybe not your branch since their kids own it, but at the burnaby highgate one.
the old russian lady will fucking scam u whatever dollar they possibly can.

I was in the middle of a renewal with them on another 2 year contract and because the bank wasnt open (saturday night) so I couldnt get my void cheque to give them for authorization, therefore I dont have the key fob yet because they held onto it. but mind you I m still allowed to work out. because technically I m still a member.

anyhow, I went in with a friend that goes to the same gym on saturday night, and today we found out that they froze my friends account wanting him to pay a violation fine for 250 bucks.

are you kidding me, I went in earlier today and your office was closed, so I couldnt give you the void cheque otherwise i wouldve got my own key fob back. but now you want to fine my buddy 250 bucks (which I ll be paying obviously) when I JUST resigned 2years, obvs you russian fucks can decide to either make 900 dollars off my 2 years contract OR take my 250 and I ll cancel my contract since I have the right to do so within 10 days.

and you know what the shady part is, I even TOLD the russian bitch that I did come in with a friend and she was saying "oh okay, as long as you resign 2 years its okay" and now you turn behind my back and fine? the fuck?
What the fuck?!?! Holy shit son, talk about crazy Russian cunts.

I still signed up since I'm paying $35 plus taxes, $25 for the keyfob and 3 months of free tanning (though I don't even know if I'm going to use that...). Shit and their expanding fast too...

Snoop Dogg - Starksy & Hutch
Sushi604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:11 PM   #379
I don't get it

I've been to Fitness 2000. Good facilities, heated pool, no contract and reasonably priced, but it's a bit of a walk from the mall.

After that I went to Eileen Daily. It can get overcrowded and they play Beat 94.5/Sonic, which I hate (this was before I got a personal music player of my own).

Right now I'm at the Chris Johnson Fitness Centre at Douglas's New West Campus. It doesn't have a squat rack so I'm doing a dumbbell stopgap program for the forseeable future.

As you can see, I hate contracts! Unfortunately the non-contract selection of gyms is getting smaller and smaller every day.
BurnoutBinLaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:30 PM   #380
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 1,391 Times in 270 Posts
My membership for Steve Nash Sports Club is going to expire in 1 month

currently paying 47.55 per month for all 3 levels ( been a member for almost 2 years )

just curious to know what others are paying for level 2 / level 3

thanks
chin3se604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:28 AM   #381
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by chin3se604 View Post

currently paying 47.55 per month for all 3 levels ( been a member for almost 2 years )

thanks
I got level 1 which includes 14 locations for 349.00 for 15months and with tax it works out to a little over 26.00 per month
Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-21-2013, 09:49 AM   #382
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,150 Times in 2,395 Posts
My shitcentral membership expires in 7 days, gonna try out Richmond Sports Club or Razor Fitness tonight.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:03 PM   #383
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,506 Times in 1,688 Posts
Quote:

thanks
Just joined with level 2 $29 a month, paid month to month, 1 year contract.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-21-2013, 08:26 PM   #384
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
Just joined with level 2 $29 a month, paid month to month, 1 year contract.
any promotion involved? due to renew my steve nash brentwood membership at the end of the month
truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:58 PM   #385
K3V
I am Hook'd on RS

shitty surrey rec. They didnt even have a bench press for a few months.. !
K3V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:13 PM   #386
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,506 Times in 1,688 Posts
Nope no promotion at all. Just demand it.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:25 PM   #387

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth View Post
any promotion involved? due to renew my steve nash brentwood membership at the end of the month
how much do you pay truth?

I pay 38 after tax. I wanted that 30$ that mikehg has, but that Asian sales rep was giving me so much bs
wuuhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:28 PM   #388
I STILL don't get it

Back when I signed up I paid a year and got 6 months "free" on top so each month averaged to be about $33. Paid up front though. Turns out I have another month before I have to renew.
Posted via RS Mobile
truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:10 AM   #389
Need to Seek Professional Help

Seriously considering switching from YMCA Surrey to Elevation Fitness. They are pretty much across the street from each other. A little more expensive but less busy. Anybody been there?
dhari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:11 PM   #390
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

First post.

Well my gym just closed down suddenly (Nova Fitness), I guess the owner ran off with everyone`s money. Good thing I paid with my credit card.

Anyways, looking for a new gym in Burnaby. Have tried Club16 at Highgate and it gets way too busy and someone`s always in the squat rack. Looked at Anytime fitness as well but way too small for my liking.

Any recommendations?
kingdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:29 PM   #391
I am Hook'd on RS

Why does eveyone hate on Sports Central so much? Well it is a good thing for me since people will stay away from it so I get all the equipment to myself. Ever since after New Years it has been packed though -_-

Anyways I love this gym, I don't know why people hate it so much. Granted I only been in about 2-3 other gyms but I find this gym perfect for everybody. It is a big area so a lot of ventilation and it has 3 squat racks and 3 bench press racks. There is nothing wrong with the equipment at all, everything works fine and nothing is broken at all. I do a lot of free weights so I love the old barbells as it provides better grip then newer ones. I guess if you do a lot of machines you would want a better gym as this gym doesn't have many machines (lol). Not to mention it is 24/7 AND it comes out to only about 15-16$ a month. Stop hating guys, actually keep hating so I get the gym to myself! =)
harrywang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:39 PM   #392

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrywang View Post
Why does eveyone hate on Sports Central so much? Well it is a good thing for me since people will stay away from it so I get all the equipment to myself. Ever since after New Years it has been packed though -_-

Anyways I love this gym, I don't know why people hate it so much. Granted I only been in about 2-3 other gyms but I find this gym perfect for everybody. It is a big area so a lot of ventilation and it has 3 squat racks and 3 bench press racks. There is nothing wrong with the equipment at all, everything works fine and nothing is broken at all. I do a lot of free weights so I love the old barbells as it provides better grip then newer ones. I guess if you do a lot of machines you would want a better gym as this gym doesn't have many machines (lol). Not to mention it is 24/7 AND it comes out to only about 15-16$ a month. Stop hating guys, actually keep hating so I get the gym to myself! =)
BinsentoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:45 AM   #393
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,150 Times in 2,395 Posts
lol ya SC isn't as bad as we make it out to be. Ya it's kinda grimy and run down and shit is everywhere and machines are often broken and loose dumbbells, but it adds to the atmosphere. Feels more 'hard' and makes you work harder. More like a prison yard and less like a Steve Nash gym. Actually a prison yard probably at least has dumbbells that aren't falling apart.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-15-2013, 12:56 PM   #394
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:

thanks
i think mine was just a tiny bit less than yours.

all 3 lvls. i think it was 950 upfront, for 1 year, plus 8 months free. i'm up for renewal by june =\
impulseX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:18 PM   #395
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinsentoW View Post
Haha. Maybe some of the machines are broken. I wouldn't know because I don't use any machines at all. But the barbells and stuff are all there and working properly heh
harrywang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:37 PM   #396

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrywang View Post

^+1

Everything works fine... and what do you expect for $16 after tax per month for a 24/7 gym?
What I don't LIKE about Sports Central is how they tore down the basketball court.
Purely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:38 PM   #397

Thanked 1,391 Times in 270 Posts
was anyone able to renew for a decent rate recently ? I was told by most sales rep that they cant renew members and that i have to call head office. The best head office could do for me (level 2) is 1 year + 6months which totals 36.xx a month, a price im still not happy with
Posted via RS Mobile
chin3se604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:06 PM   #398
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

I wanted to switch from Steve Nash to Trevor linden, but only one location in Vancouver =(
. It's also located in Canada place! Parking......
Posted via RS Mobile
beproud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:41 PM   #399
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Anyone recently join Gold's Gym Burnaby?

I called in to ask and they charging $50 per month not including taxes... Is that right?

I thought it should only be $42 with tax from earlier posts in this thread.
Jeebus123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:28 PM   #400
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
Just won a year pass to steve nash lol
Too bad car injury fkedmy back up.... Hopefully it gets better so I can put use to it
Posted via RS Mobile
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote