REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   Introducing Your SO to Your Parents!! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/661736-introducing-your-so-your-parents.html)

xmisstrinh 01-22-2012 12:48 PM

Introducing Your SO to Your Parents!!

So how long did your date your SO before you brought them home to meet mom and dad? Any reason you did it so soon/late?

Sky_High 01-22-2012 01:08 PM

Because I got her pregnant :okay:

XplicitLuder 01-22-2012 01:44 PM

met my gf's parents on the 3rd "hangout/date" after we became official lol it was really early (like a week into our relationship) but to be honest i didnt mind getting it out of the way that early haha plus they liked me so :thumbs:

bluejays 01-22-2012 03:27 PM

the gf met my parents right away, took me months to meet hers and they still dont like me :okay:

GAGA 01-23-2012 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluejays (Post 7770796)
the gf met my parents right away, took me months to meet hers and they still dont like me :okay:

its because you touch yourself at night

TheNewGirl 01-23-2012 08:10 AM

I think when it because 'serious' that's the appropriate time. BUT this depends on how interconnected your life is with your parents.

Like when I lived at home I would generally into someone to my parents in the first couple of months. Now that I don't, well I've been with someone for 8 months and he hasn't met my parents (or my kid even for that matter).

!Aznboi128 01-23-2012 08:11 AM

i knew my gf's parents before we went out..... that was in high school tho

hotjoint 01-23-2012 09:32 AM

GF met my parents the first day, they already knew her beforehand when we were friends

Gumby 01-23-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNewGirl (Post 7771578)
Like when I lived at home I would generally into someone to my parents in the first couple of months. Now that I don't, well I've been with someone for 8 months and he hasn't met my parents (or my kid even for that matter).

Kinda off topic, but why has your partner not met your kid? In this case, I think that's more important than him meeting your parents.

Spoon 01-23-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gumby (Post 7771843)
Kinda off topic, but why has your partner not met your kid? In this case, I think that's more important than him meeting your parents.

If your momma brought home a new guy every 6 months, I bet you'd be messed up.

BeeBeeAhn 01-23-2012 11:00 PM

bf met my parents by accident about 4 months into our relationship. i haven't met his parents yet and it's almost been a year. I don't feel the need to meet his parents yet.

dachinesedude 01-24-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sky_High (Post 7770649)
Because I got her pregnant :okay:

i literally LOL'd at work, so epic so true

miss_crayon 01-25-2012 03:53 PM

After a week? If anything, it was the parents meeting the parents that I was more nervous about but everything turned out fine.

MPTness 01-25-2012 04:08 PM

STOP STALKING ME CLAIRE

miss_crayon 01-25-2012 07:16 PM

^ oh to clarify, I met the parents after a week. Parents met parents a week before our one year
Posted via RS Mobile

instantneedles 01-25-2012 08:25 PM

haha i'm curious to know what your experiences were meeting parents...

MindBomber 01-25-2012 08:32 PM

I met my ex-gf's rcmp dad, when he pulled me over during our date..

sonick 01-25-2012 08:38 PM

Met my gf's parents after about 2 or 3 weeks from what I remember. Sooner than I'm usually used to, but we had known each other for several years now so when we got together it was already more serious.

Chinese parents love me, hers were no different. Her mom makes me spring rolls :D

GF met my parents after a month.

Stealthy 01-25-2012 08:48 PM

I think it was about 3-4 weeks after we became 'official' I think her dad is okay with me but her mom doesn't like me. :okay:

MeowMeow 01-25-2012 09:21 PM

They walked in.....

Awkward.
Posted via RS Mobile

Psykopathik 02-01-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeowMeow (Post 7774933)
They walked in.....

Awkward.
Posted via RS Mobile

why is it no one has the common sense to lock the door when you're doing something private....

westopher 02-01-2012 10:57 PM

Took about a month for me to have my current gf for dinner with the family,although back when I lived in edmonton we'd have family dinner at my grandparents every sunday, so it wasn't much of an "event" I met hers shortly after. My parents love her, her parents hate me, because I'm not a devout Christian. :suspicious:

dlo 02-01-2012 11:28 PM

None of my ex met my parents, I met many parents and I usually get an okay approval, my mom and dad on the other hand wouldn't like em or make it so awkward that she won't like em :lol
Posted via RS Mobile

Gridlock 02-02-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNewGirl (Post 7771578)
I think when it because 'serious' that's the appropriate time. BUT this depends on how interconnected your life is with your parents.

Huge respect. My personal pet peeve is when it turns into boyfriend of the month club for kids.

People date, things go well, and then they don't work out. Shit happens. Your kids don't need to go along for that ride. New bf(or gf really) is going to be all awesome for the kid, lets go play in the park and be pretend parent of the month, and then things don't work out with mom and its pulled like a plug. Not cool. PLUS, odds are the non-residents parental relationship is probably already strained, because people never set their feelings aside for the benefit of the kids.

An ex of a friend moved in with a new girlfriend after a couple of weeks of, I'm going to say dating, but really fucking each other and she has a 12 year old kid! Like, how does that conversation go?

"Hey lil' dude...I don't really know his name, but you can call him daddy!"

Then they break up briefly, and get back together for the sake of the kid(?!?...you mean the kid thats not even his?) and have this rocky romance and this poor child that is just a fucking sponge is watching all this shit. Two years later he's already got some pretty fucked up ideas on relationships, which scares me that he's asking older girls for head. Props for aiming high I guess.

And I have to wonder, is this the first guy to have moved in, boned mom and moved out?

static 02-02-2012 12:13 PM

the longer you wait the bigger a deal it is to me.

Think about it, if all the girls you date meet your parents right away, your parents are going to not make a big deal out of it.

Heck, if you bring home 2 in a week your parents might just tell you to stop man-whoring...