REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 01-25-2012, 12:14 AM   #1
RS Lurker, I don't post!

RE: Vancouver Auto Liquidation

I purchased a car from this dealership about 6 months ago and had the worst possible experience with my 2003 Range Rover HSE

1st month my "check engine" light came on as well as "inactive air suspension" cost me about $200 to get those reset.
Battery needed to be replaced $150
Air suspension had to be replaced $4000
Transmission needed replacing $5300
New Tires $1200

I paid $16,000 for the car which was a good price at that time last year.

I also have their checklist that said everything was in good condition with no problems.
They also offered to forge documents for financing (indirectly)

Bottom line, dont deal with with shady stealership!
Advertisement
alexlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:21 AM   #2
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,284 Times in 420 Posts
You didn't think it would be cheap to own/maintain a Range Rover did you?
Sky_High is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2012, 12:26 AM   #3
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Theres a difference between maintenance and being sold a car with so many things wrong with it
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2012, 01:03 AM   #4
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,502 Times in 1,160 Posts
This dealership has been brought up many times on RS already! There's quite a bit of info on it too, forgot which thread it was in though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:04 AM   #5
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
Friend use to work there, they always rip apart good parts from the car and put bogus crap into em lol
Posted via RS Mobile
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:06 AM   #6
no

Thanked 6,058 Times in 1,222 Posts
not the most credible source out there, but this is what i got right away from msn auto review on a 2003 rover

Quote:
An occasional problem on this vehicle is failure of the Front Air Spring(s). The cost to repair the Front Air Spring is estimated at $1108.00 each for parts and $215.00 each for labor (including alignment). All prices are estimates based on $65.00 per flat rate hour and do not include diagnostic time or any applicable sales tax.
jpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:35 AM   #7
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,357 Times in 508 Posts
I think you got away with a less-lemon-than-most for a Range Rover.

Just stay away from this brand if you wanted anything remotely reliable.

• 2017 Alfa Romeo Giula Q4
  • 1999 Nissan Stagea 260RS 1 of 748
  • 1998 Nissan Laurel Medallion Club S drift boi
  • 1991 Lexus LS400 mint boi
  • 1989 Nissan S-Cargo cute boi
hk20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:47 AM   #8
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 2,028 Times in 501 Posts
the word liquidation is in the name. What the hell were you expecting?
Nicotine is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-25-2012, 08:37 AM   #9
First to fail !SG evar! Now i have yellow fever...

Thanked 2,431 Times in 475 Posts
Heard so many bad things about auto-lquidation. They have many high-end cars selling on craigslist for very low prices..they try to market themselves as a high-inventory liquidator to justify their low prices but the reality is that their cars are the worst of the worst.

Also, my friend has owned 2 range rovers and had to replace the air suspension in both of them. Very common problem on this vehicle. You think that as the price of a car rises so should the reliability, you are paying for a 'premium' vehicle after all, should it not be superior to is cheaper counter parts in every way? geez

Good luck with your range rover, hope you don't have any more costly problems with it!
Redlines_Daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:50 AM   #10
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
OP... you've been registered since 2009. RS is not just a great place for selling your used car. It's a one-stop automotive resource. You don't need to tell us about your crappy experience. We already know about it. A quick search on this forum would have revealed the sketchiness of that stealership, and, likely, would prevented you from handing your hard-earned dough to some slimeballs.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:22 AM   #11
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
They have a M3 on CL right now that been there for awhile. The price is right, yet from everything I've read about this guys I don't want to touch it.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:33 AM   #12
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
They have a M3 on CL right now that been there for awhile. The price is right, yet from everything I've read about this guys I don't want to touch it.
The marroon one with the BBK?......don't touch it.
"Just because any car nut can tell you every possible performance specification of a Ferrari doesn't mean he can drive. Most of these people live in places where they've never even seen a Ferrari, much less ever owned one themselves."
Supafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:43 AM   #13
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 4,037 Times in 709 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supafly View Post
This one? Liquidation doesn't have it anymore, one of the techs at BJBMW had it and apparently his bro bought it. The tech cleared some codes and narrowed it down to the SMG solenoid or pump just like some RS members talked about in the other thread. I think under $3k for repairs?

swfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:12 AM   #14
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supafly View Post
2006 BMW M3 CONVERTIBLE

Its exactly what I want (minus the blue colour)

OT: If only the woman selling this one was more co-operative. Asked for service record about Inspection 1 or 2, she has no clue what I'm talking about.

2004 BMW M3 Convertible
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:18 AM   #15
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

OP bought a Land Rover and didn't know how much it is to maintain+bought it at a notorious liquidation centre. I think you deserve to learn from your mistakes and do some research before you buy another car unless you have more money and time to burn which I assume you don't want to.

As for the VAL, I think it's not all bad. You may get to get a fair car for the price you were looking for if you have the expertise to look at the car and identify all the crap they try to tell you, other than that, if you're just a regular average customer, I would stay away from there.
BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-25-2012, 10:26 AM   #16
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,907 Times in 754 Posts
Vancouver Auto Liquidation

probably repost..but google reviews.. most positive ones sound fishy like they were planted.. the negative ones go along with OPs experience.
Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:17 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaoTurbo View Post
OP bought a Land Rover and didn't know how much it is to maintain+bought it at a notorious liquidation centre. I think you deserve to learn from your mistakes and do some research before you buy another car unless you have more money and time to burn which I assume you don't want to.

As for the VAL, I think it's not all bad. You may get to get a fair car for the price you were looking for if you have the expertise to look at the car and identify all the crap they try to tell you, other than that, if you're just a regular average customer, I would stay away from there.
Not once did the OP say that he didn't expect high maintenance bills. However, there is a difference between expensive regular maintenance and expensive major problems(from a vehicle that dealer told him was ok). He is simply warning other members that this dealership is not honest and generously taking him time to do so.

Your response is that OP deserves to get ripped off because he may not be as street savvy as you? Perhaps old grandmothers deserve to get their savings scammed from African emails too?
-J

Last edited by Redlines_Daily; 01-25-2012 at 11:26 AM.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-25-2012, 12:12 PM   #18
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Here's the other thread

http://www.revscene.net/forums/51906...on-center.html
BillyBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:56 PM   #19
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlines_Daily View Post
Not once did the OP say that he didn't expect high maintenance bills. However, there is a difference between expensive regular maintenance and expensive major problems(from a vehicle that dealer told him was ok). He is simply warning other members that this dealership is not honest and generously taking him time to do so.

Your response is that OP deserves to get ripped off because he may not be as street savvy as you? Perhaps old grandmothers deserve to get their savings scammed from African emails too?
-J
Look at the threads all over RS. Need more warning? No. Search Vancouver Auto liquidation on RS right now and read how many people already contributed to each thread with their own experiences and opinions. Post in the other threads like how everyone else is or read them and do some research on the internet on the reputation on the place before visiting there. People get ripped off everyday, it's whether you're smart enough to do your legwork before you visit places like a liquidation centre where the risk factor is obviously high and mitigate the chances of being ripped off. It doesn't have to be street savvyness or not. Even if you buy a car you still need to do some research on how much the car is actually worth on the market as of now, and how much it costs to maintain or common problems that comes with the car.

You're just going to buy a Land Rover because you feel like you need one. You expect there will be problems with the car because you're at a liquidation centre, but you don't know what to expect. A liquidation centre has just indirectly implied they can forge finance documents, yet still gives you a checklist that the car is in complete good condition to drive and you still believes this checklist has validity. Really? Street savvy? No.

I didn't say he deserved to lose all this money to this "shady" dealership. I'm saying he deserved a lesson to know next time to do some checking on the internet before dealing with whatever dealership or choosing whichever car he wishes. I see threads all over RS asking for past experiences with dealerships, and I think that is a good way to add on what to expect at the dealership and on top of that, do some research yourself.
BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2012, 02:21 PM   #20
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Just do your research. They get a lot of BMW's wholesaled from Brian Jessel from trade-ins that they can't re-certify (too old, or too many kms). There's nothing wrong with that, but that's why they're so cheap, cause you know somethings going to go sooner or later.

I bought a 100k car from these guys for 25gs, with no decs. If you don't carfax it, get a fresh icbc report, and give it a good test drive first then you're an idiot.

If you want to pay next to nothing for a Bimmer you can't be afraid of the shady dealers.
kgatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:28 PM   #21
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
2006 BMW M3 CONVERTIBLE

Its exactly what I want (minus the blue colour)

OT: If only the woman selling this one was more co-operative. Asked for service record about Inspection 1 or 2, she has no clue what I'm talking about.

2004 BMW M3 Convertible
The 2004 M3 is from Florida in 2008. I contacted that person too.
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:38 PM   #22
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

There is always a reason why it is selling for a few grand less than what others are selling it for. Do your research first. Lastly, if you can't afford to maintain a Land Rover, don't drive one.
maxxxboost is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-25-2012, 03:46 PM   #23
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxxboost View Post
Lastly, if you can't afford to maintain a Land Rover, don't drive one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:13 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxxboost View Post
.. Lastly, if you can't afford to maintain a Land Rover, don't drive one.
He paid for the repairs, so obviously he can afford it. I don't why this "if you can't afford it..." argument always comes into play when talking about luxury cars. Jealousy? If someone had to pay $1000 for a new transmission on their civic but couldnt afford it, would you say the same thing? I think not.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2012, 04:21 PM   #25
Hyde's Understudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlines_Daily View Post
Heard so many bad things about auto-lquidation. They have many high-end cars selling on craigslist for very low prices..they try to market themselves as a high-inventory liquidator to justify their low prices but the reality is that their cars are the worst of the worst.

Also, my friend has owned 2 range rovers and had to replace the air suspension in both of them. Very common problem on this vehicle. You think that as the price of a car rises so should the reliability, you are paying for a 'premium' vehicle after all, should it not be superior to is cheaper counter parts in every way? geez

Good luck with your range rover, hope you don't have any more costly problems with it!
With premium items, you expect more things to go wrong and less reliability. For example, i need to service my rolex between 5-8 years at about $800. If i had bought something cheaper like a seiko or casio, i woulnd need to do that or spend as much.

More stuff can go wrong and cost alot to fix on premium cars. Nobody expects premium euro cars to have japanese reliability.