REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Photography Lab

Photography Lab THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
A place to display digital masterpieces, enhance photography skills, photoshop, and share photo tips with one another...

Old 02-03-2012, 05:00 PM   #1
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
Place to process/scan film?

I have a few rolls of 35mm thats been in a shoebox for a while. I am curious to see what they are (is probably from my elementary years)....

Most probably will be crap, so is there a place where I can go get it processed and scanned to a USB/CD instead of printing it?
Advertisement
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:50 PM   #2
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
bumping this back up. i found some rolls of undeveloped film from 1990. want to make the effort to find out what is on them because they belonged to a cousin who passed away soon after the date marked on the rolls...
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:08 PM   #3
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,299 Times in 2,511 Posts
Just realized that these guys have re-opened at their new location:

ABC PHOTO - LightJet Imaging Centre

I've been a very happy customer of theirs in the past (when they were still at the 4th and Fir location). If they are anything like their former self, they should be able to help you out.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:11 PM   #4
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,069 Times in 1,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
bumping this back up. i found some rolls of undeveloped film from 1990. want to make the effort to find out what is on them because they belonged to a cousin who passed away soon after the date marked on the rolls...
frozen? C41?

If it's frozen, it might be salvageable and printable at london drugs. If it was stored in hot/sunlight area, film might disintegrate.

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you

Last edited by yray; 06-18-2013 at 11:17 PM.
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:19 PM   #5
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,310 Posts
The Professional Digital Photo Lab ~ Full service photo finishing lab located in Vancouver,BC, Canada

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2013, 07:33 AM   #6
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yray View Post
frozen? C41?

If it's frozen, it might be salvageable and printable at london drugs. If it was stored in hot/sunlight area, film might disintegrate.
not exposed to sunlight, but it was in a unrefrigerated storage unit in a box with others stuff. it was in the plastic container the rolls would normally come in.
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:50 PM   #7
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,310 Posts
Sorry, I meant to provide some more input with my previous post but was on the way out to dinner with out of town guests.

My brother took photography in high school. There was a noob substitute teacher who "accidentally" gave the class some kind of unconventional film to shoot with on an SLR camera and most shops couldn't process it or had to send it out to another lab. We got lucky and a girl at London Drugs told us to go to The Lab and several other places.

The Lab was the only place in Vancouver who would process it within the same day without hesitation. A few other pro shops said they would need a day or two and were at the very least reluctant. The Lab was excellent and the cost was reasonable given we had no idea what to have expect. Good luck!

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:19 PM   #8
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,069 Times in 1,253 Posts
^E6 at 1200 iso?

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote