REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   Custom Tailored Suit (https://www.revscene.net/forums/662862-custom-tailored-suit.html)

therubberguard 02-10-2012 08:12 PM

Custom Tailored Suit

Wondering if anyone knows any good places to get a tailored suit.
Ordered one off of Custom Suits & Mens Suits | Indochino its pretty good, just want to see if theres anything locally around vancouver/richmond/burnaby for 500ish

any recommendations?

finaldestinyx 03-11-2012 01:11 AM

Modernize Tailors

they make awesome suits even though theyre old. They speak perfect english too! theyre located in chinatown across international village (i know its a bit shady)

StylinRed 03-11-2012 01:43 AM

^^^ couple of local gems right there

and if ye want HR can take your measurements and get you a made-to-measure suit
Made to Measure |Tailoring | Services | Holt Renfrew

and the famous tailors in Hong Kong usually go around to major cities in canada/us to get customers sized up

just find a tailor you'd like to get a suit from and check their tour schedule

keitaro 03-11-2012 10:23 AM

There is a groupon going right now for a custom tailored italian suit w/ dress shit and tie..

Vancouver Custom Suits Deal of the Day | Groupon Vancouver

might be worth a try depending on who is offering the deal.

unit 03-11-2012 12:57 PM

just so you guys know, of the links posted only modernize tailors seems to be a true bespoke suit. the rest are made to measure it appears.

DavidPonting 01-01-2013 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by therubberguard (Post 7793034)
Wondering if anyone knows any good places to get a tailored suit.
Ordered one off of Custom Suits & Mens Suits | Indochino its pretty good, just want to see if theres anything locally around vancouver/richmond/burnaby for 500ish

any recommendations?

Friend you can also buy bespoke suits from lktailor.com.You can find a lot of fabrics and styles on this website.I also bought many suits from this website.The tailor of this website is LK tailor.He is in Hong Kong.

JKam 01-02-2013 02:56 PM

^

interesting that I was just about to post asking RS for custom suits in HK.. I'm heading there in May lol.

Anyone have any leads for HK other than the spam post?

Si Ed 01-02-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKam (Post 8121460)
^

interesting that I was just about to post asking RS for custom suits in HK.. I'm heading there in May lol.

Anyone have any leads for HK other than the spam post?

William Cheng & Son
8F Han Hing Mansion, TST Kowloon HK
(852)2739-7888

Had a suit made for around $350ish and shirts are about $35

JKam 01-03-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Si Ed (Post 8121765)
William Cheng & Son
8F Han Hing Mansion, TST Kowloon HK
(852)2739-7888

Had a suit made for around $350ish and shirts are about $35

that's extremely cheap. How is the quality/fit? I assume average at best?

Found a couple of recommendations from relatives/friends. Jantzen and Taipan Row are getting some love. Anyone have experience with them? Budget is probably $500-800 for full suit and <$80 for shirts.

I'm there for nearly a month so turn around time isn't too big a deal.

Tapioca 01-03-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKam (Post 8122194)
that's extremely cheap. How is the quality/fit? I assume average at best?

Found a couple of recommendations from relatives/friends. Jantzen and Taipan Row are getting some love. Anyone have experience with them? Budget is probably $500-800 for full suit and <$80 for shirts.

I'm there for nearly a month so turn around time isn't too big a deal.

Jantzen is a renowned shirt maker - I have a few shirts made by them and they have held up well. I have no experience with their suit making, but reviews seem to be mixed.

Tapioca 01-03-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unit (Post 7826318)
just so you guys know, of the links posted only modernize tailors seems to be a true bespoke suit. the rest are made to measure it appears.

I had a suit done by Modernize several years ago. They are old school which means that their house style is old school too. While my suit hangs well in the shoulders, the body was much too boxy for my liking.

If you have a suit that fits you well, they might be able to do a copy. You have to be patient with them though.

calara 02-05-2013 07:55 PM

Hello friends, I am calara..i need custom tailored suits in greys and blues for a party because this is the party theme. I need a perfect look, so kindly suggest me the best custom made tailors. Anyhow i got a tailors like lifetimetailorhk. Is this true that he is a one of the best tailor.

dygital 02-06-2013 04:45 PM

Although you don't have to spend a fortune on a suit, but you do get what you pay for. On the low end, try indochino, a bit higher? modernize tailors. My friends with the nicest suits got them made to measure at holt. You can try Zegna, Boss and Giorgio Armani, although the suits are in the $2000-3000 range.

Kristy721 11-18-2013 02:44 AM

I am also looking for good online custom tailored suit maker, I go through some reviews of custom suit maker and all are talking about indochino, blanklabel, blacklapel, Modern Tailor. Which one you prefer from these custom suit maker?