REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Would these happen in BC? What should we do about these? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/662871-would-these-happen-bc-what-should-we-do-about-these.html)

cococly 02-10-2012 11:47 PM

Would these happen in BC? What should we do about these?

Especially to the ladies we all care about...
A MESSAGE ...FROM THE OFFICE OF ATTORNEY GENERAL
STATE OF MICHIGAN :

Quote:

SITUATION..
While driving on a rural end of the roadway on Thursday morning, I saw an infant car seat on the side of the road with a blanket draped over it.
For whatever reason, I did not stop, even though I had all kinds of thoughts running through my head. But when I got to my destination, I called the Canton PD and they were going to check it out. But, this is what the Police advised even before they went out there to check....

"There are several things to be aware of ... gangs and thieves are now plotting different ways to get a person (mostly women) to stop their vehicle and get out of the car.

"There is a gang initiation reported by the local Police Department where gangs are placing a car seat by the road...with a fake baby in it....waiting for a woman, of course, to stop and check on the abandoned baby.

"Note that the location of this car seat is usually beside a wooded or grassy (field) area and the person -- woman -- will be dragged into the woods, beaten and raped, and usually left for dead. If it's a man, they're usually beaten and robbed and maybe left for dead, too.

DO NOT STOP FOR ANY REASON!!! DIAL 9-1-1 AND REPORT WHAT YOU SAW, BUT DON 'T EVEN SLOW DOWN.

Oh yea, about the EGGS:
"IF YOU ARE DRIVING AT NIGHT AND EGGS ARE THROWN AT YOUR WINDSHIELD, DO NOT STOP TO CHECK YOUR CAR, DO NOT OPERATE THE WIPERS AND DO NOT SPRAY ANY WATER BECAUSE EGGS MIXED WITH WATER BECOME MILKY, AND BLOCK YOUR VISION UP TO 92.5%, AND YOU ARE THEN FORCED TO STOP BESIDE THE ROAD AND BECOME A VICTIM OF THESE CRIMINALS.
THIS IS A NEW TECHNIQUE USED BY GANGS, SO PLEASE INFORM YOUR FRIENDS AND RELATIVES.

THESE ARE DESPERATE TIMES AND THESE ARE UNSAVORY INDIVIDUALS WHO WILL TAKE DESPERATE MEASURES TO GET WHAT THEY WANT."

Please talk to your loved ones about this. This is a new tactic being used. Please be safe.

Get started NOW -- SEND THIS MESSAGE TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND LOVED ONES TO BE CAREFUL AND BE AWARE OF EVERYTHING AROUND THEM SO AS NOT TO BECOME THE VICTIM.

WARNING # 3:
Some knew about the red light on cars, but not Dialing 112.
It was about 1:00 p.m. in the afternoon, and Lauren was driving to visit a friend. An UNMARKED police car pulled up behind her and put his lights on. Lauren's parents have always told her to never pull over for an unmarked car on the side of the road,but rather to wait until they get to a gas station, etc.

Lauren had actually listened to her parents advice, and promptly called,112 on her cell phone to tell the police dispatcher that she would not pull over right away. She proceeded to tell the dispatcher that there was an unmarked police car with a flashing red light on his rooftop behind her. The dispatcher checked to see if there were police cars where she was andthere weren't, and he told her to keep driving, remain calm and that he had back up already on the way.

Ten minutes later 4 cop cars surrounded her and the unmarked car behind her. One policeman went to her side and the others surrounded the car behind. They pulled the guy from the car and tackled him to the ground. The man was a convicted rapist and wanted for other crimes.
I never knew about the 112 Cell Phone feature. I tried it on my AT&T phone & it said, "Dialing Emergency Number."
Especially for a woman alone in a car, you should not pull over for an unmarked car. Apparently police have to respect your right to keep going on to a safe place.

Questions to RS Peace Officers:

1. Do we have similar functions on our cell phones to call the police to verify the unmarked car who wanted to pull us over?

2. If I suspect that the unmarked car with flashing red-and-blue might not be a legit police car, should I keep on driving? and should I call 9-1-1 ? :badpokerface:

Nlkko 02-11-2012 01:01 AM

Wow. The fuck, man.

Brianrietta 02-11-2012 01:56 AM

From the horrific typing and advice, it's obvious that you've copied and pasted this from Facebook or something, where it most obviously is not from the Michigan AG. Not to say that those events don't occur (although they probably don't), but it's ludicrous to think that those anecdotes should in any substancial way impact the way you go about your life. You have as great of a chance of having one of these events occur within 100 kilometers of you as you do of being killed by Mount Garibaldi erupting.

http://www.snopes.com/crime/gangs/carseat.asp

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/infant-ca...-warning.shtml

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/egg-windshield-robbery.shtml

Contrary to what that says, you should immediately pull over if there are flashing red and blue lights behind you. It is in 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 % of cases a police officer going about their business, and not complying with them will only create more problems for you. :rukidding:

Please everybody, use your brain and stop spreading this stuff.

zulutango 02-11-2012 05:07 AM

[QUOTE=cococly;7793180]Especially to the ladies we all care about...
A MESSAGE ...FROM THE OFFICE OF ATTORNEY GENERAL
STATE OF MICHIGAN :

Questions to RS Peace Officers:

1. Do we have similar functions on our cell phones to call the police to verify the unmarked car who wanted to pull us over?

Yes...it's called dialing 911

2. If I suspect that the unmarked car with flashing red-and-blue might not be a legit police car, should I keep on driving? and should I call 9-1-1 ? :badpokerface:[/QUOTE]

Call 911, but know that you are breaking the law for failing to stop for an emergency vehicle. Unmarked Cop cars have more than just one light...they have lots of them, all flashing coloured strobes...in the windshield, the grille, corner ligh , wig-wagss etc and they cost thousands of dollars. The Police know that they have to distinguish an unmarked PC by the lighting package. The chances of someone equiping a private vehicle in an identical manner is almost impossible. Besides, anyone here on RS can tell you what an unmarked PC looks like and can spot one from a KM away.

Soundy 02-11-2012 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zulutango (Post 7793299)
Besides, anyone here on RS can tell you what an unmarked PC looks like and can spot one from a KM away.

:troll: :lawl: :troll: :lawl: :troll: :lawl:

Soundy 02-11-2012 06:15 AM

Don't forget this classic: snopes.com: Flashing Headlights Gang Initiation
And a whole ton more: snopes.com: Crime (Gang Way)

jlenko 02-11-2012 07:11 AM

You can't cure stupid, can ya?

We talk about how some people shouldn't be able to drive... maybe some people shouldn't be able to access the internet either.

Bainne 02-11-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlenko (Post 7793318)
You can't cure stupid, can ya?

We talk about how some people shouldn't be able to drive... maybe some people shouldn't be able to access the internet either.

:werd:

Should be some sort of "Internet License"
Must pass a "basic use" test and can be prohibited or revoked if you accumulate enough "Stupid Use of Email and/or Web" demerits.
No more frantic phone calls about a virus' from some family member who thought they inherited a Nigerian prince's fortune....

taylor192 02-11-2012 09:00 PM

112 is the European 911. Most countries will accept both.

sebberry 02-11-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zulutango (Post 7793299)
Unmarked Cop cars have more than just one light...they have lots of them, all flashing coloured strobes...in the windshield, the grille, corner ligh , wig-wagss etc and they cost thousands of dollars. The Police know that they have to distinguish an unmarked PC by the lighting package. The chances of someone equiping a private vehicle in an identical manner is almost impossible. Besides, anyone here on RS can tell you what an unmarked PC looks like and can spot one from a KM away.

I recall a conversation a while back here...

It was something along the lines of the use of a red dome light inside the car for night reading, etc.. and your response was that it is illegal since it can be viewed from the outside of the car and the car could be confused for a police car.

Big difference between all the strobes and wig-wags and a red dome light ;)

I think you're more likely to be confused if the car behind you is a decommissioned Police Interceptor bought at auction than you are by a red dome light :)

zulutango 02-12-2012 07:29 AM

I stopped cars with red & blue interior light that flashed in time with music and they could be confused. At one time some unmarked Police vehicles used to use just a red fireball on the dash, now they use standardized complete light packages. The red dome light is still an unauthorized light unless it came from the factory that way and I'm not aware of any that do.

sebberry 02-12-2012 01:21 PM

The next big concern: the light from in-dash GPS systems reflecting off the face of the driver - could be confused for the reflection of the light from a laptop in a police car ;)

As for red and blue lighting that flashed in time with the music - there really should be a "tacky, you have no taste" ticket for that :)

zulutango 02-12-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sebberry (Post 7794420)
The next big concern: the light from in-dash GPS systems reflecting off the face of the driver - could be confused for the reflection of the light from a laptop in a police car ;)

As for red and blue lighting that flashed in time with the music - there really should be a "tacky, you have no taste" ticket for that :)

You mean I could have written VTs for bad body kits, terrible paint jobs and poor choice of gangsta music and ugly Ho's too? :whistle:

sebberry 02-12-2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zulutango (Post 7794519)
You mean I could have written VTs for bad body kits, terrible paint jobs and poor choice of gangsta music and ugly Ho's too? :whistle:

I wish you could have.

Fortunately the baby boomer offspring are growing up now and the Fast and the Furious crowd is maturing slightly and this is less of an epidemic than it was 5 years ago.

Either that or they've crashed all their gussied up eco-boxes.

Soundy 02-12-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sebberry (Post 7794529)
Fortunately the baby boomer offspring are growing up now and the Fast and the Furious crowd is maturing slightly and this is less of an epidemic than it was 5 years ago.

Either that or they've crashed all their gussied up eco-boxes.

Every generation has their own speed-demon crowd with their own modded-car fads...

Nlkko 02-12-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zulutango (Post 7794519)

:rofl:

jackal 02-13-2012 05:48 AM

i've been pulled over by an cop car containing two plain clothed detectives and their car only had one small wig wag on the passenger visor. and it wasn't a cruiser but this was over 6 years ago and can't recall the make and model. and they were legit. i got a ticket =(