REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   Man has heart attack... at the Heart Attack Grill (https://www.revscene.net/forums/663200-man-has-heart-attack-heart-attack-grill.html)

punkwax 02-16-2012 07:42 PM

Man has heart attack... at the Heart Attack Grill

Quote:

After a Diner suffered a heart attack in the Heart Attack Grill this week an anti-meat advocacy group is asking the owner to shut down according to the USA Today. I’ve added my previous full story below in case you missed what the fuss is all about.

Officials for the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine said Thursday they sent a letter to Heart Attack Grill owner Jon Basso, asking him to “declare moral bankruptcy” and close the restaurant.

Susan Levin, the group’s director of nutrition education, says the incident should be a wake-up call that bypass operations aren’t funny. I couldnt agree more. Th e restaurant owner says he hasn’t received the letter. He previously expressed sorrow for the victim, an unidentified man in his 40s. Grill owner John Basso says it wasn’t a stunt, and he felt bad that tourists in the restaurant at the time thought it was a joke.

So earlier a customer eating in the restaurant this week was stricken with a heart attack, according to CBS News. The customer was eating a “Triple Bypass Burger” a 6,000 calorie monster. As he chowed down he went into cardiac arrest. Of course it was all caught on a video that went viral.

I just don’t understand why people would eat this kind of food. Maybe it’s just the atmosphere of the place. Waitresses dress as nurses, and diners dress in hospital gowns. So this guy was all dressed and ready to go to the hospital when he had his heart jammer.

Jon Basso, owner of the Heart Attack Grill, told CBS News, “We throw slogans at you like, ‘Taste worth dying for.’”

“Who doesn’t want to risk a little danger every once in a while? If I can put danger back into hamburgers, all the better.” If you weigh over 350 lbs you can eat for free.

I’ve posted a few articles lately about lifestyle and cancer diagnosis. One important fact was that 50 per cent of the cancer could be prevented through a healthier lifestyle.

The example above is why it seems we still have a long way to go in lifestyle changes.The guy in the video below is Blair River , he died last year, he was 575 lbs and 29.
link to article / vid: Heart Attack Grill Asked To Close After Diner Suffers Heart Attack | The Province

http://www.heartattackgrill.com/

So the people taking video thought it was a publicity stunt and were apparently having fun with the guy before they realized it was an actual heart attack... lol

kwy 02-16-2012 07:48 PM

Don't be an idiot if you're at risk. Common sense.

SkinnyPupp 02-16-2012 08:00 PM

In before SkinnyPupp makes a comment on how stupid it is to relate eating hamburgers to heart attacks

:ahwow:

Alphamale 02-16-2012 08:01 PM

I'd tell the anti-meat advocacy group to go fuck their mother.

BossFrancis 02-16-2012 08:37 PM

I would try the triple bypass burger
Posted via RS Mobile

LiquidTurbo 02-16-2012 08:48 PM

I've eaten at this place.. it's nothing special.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-C...4/DSC_9805.JPG

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-l...4/DSC_9806.JPG

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-x...4/DSC_9808.JPG

sindragon 02-16-2012 08:56 PM

lol saw that place in some tv show... over 350lb eat free anytime... fucking sick yo!!! all the homeless needs to move there and gain 250 lbs :troll:

Durrann 02-16-2012 08:57 PM

Fries are fried in lard
Yum lol
Posted via RS Mobile

SkinnyPupp 02-16-2012 09:09 PM

Almost all fries use lard or tallow (beef). It's only the stupid places that don't. McDonalds tried it for a while because they were under pressure to get rid of saturated fat. So they replaced it with greasy slimy vegetable oil filled with trans fats. People stopped buying their fries so they switched back, and now we know that it is stupid to replace good fat (saturated) with bad (trans fat). Well most people should know this, but some refuse it because they are dumb.

MindBomber 02-16-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 7799370)
Almost all fries use lard or tallow (beef). It's only the stupid places that don't. McDonalds tried it for a while because they were under pressure to get rid of saturated fat. So they replaced it with greasy slimy vegetable oil filled with trans fats. People stopped buying their fries so they switched back, and now we know that it is stupid to replace good fat (saturated) with bad (trans fat). Well most people should know this, but some refuse it because they are dumb.

McDonalds uses canola oil, they never switched back.

Anytime I order something that is fried, I ask the server what type of oil is used (vegetarian and peanut allergy), and have very rarely heard any response other than vegetable at any restaurant.

SkinnyPupp 02-16-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindBomber (Post 7799372)
Anytime I order something that is fried, I ask the server what type of oil is used (vegetarian and peanut allergy), and have very rarely heard any response other than vegetable at any restaurant.

I guess you eat at a lot of fast food and vegetarian restaurants then

SkinnyPupp 02-16-2012 09:32 PM

Edit, I see they didn't switch back to good oil, but use this instead

canola oil, hydrogenated soybean oil, natural beef flavor [wheat and milk derivatives]*, citric acid [preservative]

YUMMY!

MindBomber 02-16-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 7799389)
I guess you eat at a lot of fast food and vegetarian restaurants then

No, I rarely eat fast food and do not frequent vegetarian restaurants.

SkinnyPupp 02-16-2012 09:59 PM

OK then all these restaurants have switched since I last cared about it (early 2000's)

Good thing it's working, heart disease and diabetes rates have gone way down since then, right?

MindBomber 02-16-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 7799422)
OK then all these restaurants have switched since I last cared about it (early 2000's)

Good thing it's working, heart disease and diabetes rates have gone way down since then, right?

I'm not knowledgeable on heart disease and diabetes rates, but according to the H&S foundation there has been a significant decline in heart disease rates, thankfully.

I'm sure the decrease in smoking rates is a significant factor in that decline.

Quote:

Decline of cardiovascular disease

Cardiovascular diseases are defined as diseases and injuries of the cardiovascular system: the heart, the blood vessels of the heart and the system of blood vessels (veins and arteries) throughout the body and within the brain. Stroke is the result of a blood flow problem in the brain. It is considered a form of cardiovascular disease.

Over the past 40 years the rates of heart disease and stroke have steadily declined. The rate has declined:

25% over the past 10 years
50% over the past 20 years
70% between 1956 and 2002
Statistics - Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada

subordinate 02-16-2012 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo (Post 7799350)
I've eaten at this place.. it's nothing special.

I think you forgot pictures of the nurses :rukidding: